AirDesign Rise 2 L (100-125kg) - Second Hand (P103019A) CBS
Good condition. Good porosity. See service report (below) for further details on condition and any repairs. Images for illustration purposes only, not of the actual item being sold.
- Make: AirDesign
- Model: Rise 2
- Size: L
- Serial number: XB0764P103019A
- Colour: White-Purple-Blue
- Airtime: 200 hours
- Certification: EN B, LTF B
- Freeflight certified weight range: 100-125 Kg
- Manufacture date: Unknown
- Service Info: The Loft Workshop on 18/08/2020
- Package includes: Inner bag, Concertina bag, Compression strap.
- Service Report: Download
AIRDESIGN RISE 2 (general info)
AirDesign’s philosophy is to design wings for the target pilot in the class.
RISE 2 is ideal for pilots who have experience with an intermediate glider and are looking for a wing with more performance and agility, whilst demanding a high level of passive safety.
RISE 2 is aimed at pilots who want to fly long cross-country flights on a wing with good performance, whilst also with the security and passive safety to deal with those unexpected moments when conditions change during a flight.
It is also an ideal glider for those pilots stepping back from higher rated wings who want performance with greater passive safety. RISE 2 is not recommended for beginner or novice pilots.
RISE 2 is a new generation wing! The aerofoil design and detailing, internal structure and line layout are completely new and developed from the designs of their performance gliders VOLT and PURE.
RISE2 is a performance EN B glider aimed at cross country pilots and designed with the optimum characteristics of an XC wing in mind. Performance, safety and comfort in flight in all conditions were the major design considerations. The ‘trademark’ AirDesign comfort in flight gives pilots a real confidence boost which helps them achieve their goals.
The standard weight-range for size XXS gliders is 50-65 kg. The RISE 2 XXS, however, has a special certification with a higher wing-load up to 75 kg. When flying within this extended weight-range, the speed increases but safety remains within the EN-B category.
AirDesign don’t usually talk much about the performance of their gliders because it’s a very subjective thing. Different pilots can have very different opinions of the same wing. However, even AirDesign were excited by the gains in the RISE 2!
AirDesign focused their attention on the useable glide and have produced a wing with superlative glide into headwind.
The combination of a new aerofoil, the reduction in line consumption, and the design features; shark nose, razor edge, 3D cutting, mini-ribs and polyamide rods have together produced a performance gain of 0.8 glide ratio over the complete speed range!
AirDesign have achieved an improved passive safety with RISE2. The wing is even more stable and cuts through turbulence with little reaction, helping the pilot enjoy stress-free flying even in lively conditions.
To ensure AirDesign have achieved the best recovery results during development they tested the glider in extreme flight conditions to a degree well beyond those required by the EN norm. AirDesign want you to feel truly confident in the wing so AirDesign pushed the boundaries of flight and recovery with extreme deformations, collapses and stalls.
The agile handling helps the pilot control the wing with a more precise feeling.
RISE 2 is characterised by very precise handling, the glider is agile and easy to turn. While thermalling, it is easy to change the angle of bank and to tighten or flatten the turn. The innate reaction of RISE 2 to locate in the strongest part of the climb makes coring thermals effortless and efficient and while on glide the wing transfers a perfect balance and stability helping the pilot to locate the next climb.
Brake pressure is lighter and requires less physical input than for the original RISE increasing the feeling of relaxation and enjoyment during long flights. However, the balanced feel and increase in pressure while progressively braking harder helps to avoid an unintentional stall.
- 3-Line-System: a 3-line concept with the inner C lines split to form short D lines. This new line layout reduces line consumption by 14% with a corresponding reduction in drag.
- Shark Nose optimally transfers brake input and maintains pressure in the wing.
- Polyamide rods in the leading edge keep the profile in perfect shape and improve stability and launch characteristics.
- 3D Cut: a technical sail cutting method is used for all panels across the leading edge area. This produces an improved air flow and increased performance.
- Mini-ribs in the trailing edge improve surface finish and reduce drag.
- Razor Edge: A specially designed trailing edge which optimises the profile and reduces drag.
- The 2-in-1 progressive brake line layout improves climb characteristics. The centre brake fan is attached slightly in from the trailing edge to improve climb. At the tips, the brakes are gathering the trailing edge and assist precise turning whatever the conditions.
- Risers: 12mm wide performance risers.
- C-Balls Control balls on the C riser allow fine control of the wing while gliding and improved handling in turbulence.
- Swivels at brake-handles to avoid twisting of brake line.
- Easy-going accelerator for performance at any speed.
- Comfort neoprene brake-handles are adjustable in length.
- Brake-shifting: Brake line design gives the pilot the option to vary the turn and adapt to different flying conditions. This is achieved by shifting the brake (hand) either to the inside or outside which results in a steeper or flatter turning.
- 13% reduction in weight: RISE 2 is much lighter than its predecessor whilst still utilising standard weight materials.
- Top-quality manufacturing.
Why does the RISE 2 have a shark-nose and what is optimised?
Stephan Stiegler: The shark nose improves handling and the stall behaviour of the wing by maintaining pressure and therefore stability during accelerated flight.
How was it possible to reduce weight?
Stephan Stiegler: The inner structure is designed to correspond to the optimised line layout. This reduces the weight of the internal ribs and straps. Risers are optimised for performance and weight savings.
What is new in the brake-line concept?
Stephan Stiegler: The new and more efficient brake gathering system is effective and extremely durable since there are no points of friction.
How does the wing feel when accelerated?
Stephan Stiegler: AirDesign reduced the pressure in the system and trimmed the accelerator travel for performance in combination with stability. This makes it easy and relaxing to use and confidence inspiring in how the wing behaves at speed.
|AREA FLAT (m²)||19.23||21.27||24.02||26.47||28.66||31.25|
|AREA PROJECTED (m²)||16.28||18.01||20.34||22.41||24.26||26.45|
|SPAN FLAT (m)||10.42||10.96||11.65||12.23||12.72||13.29|
|SPAN PROJECTED (m)||8.15||8.57||9.11||9.56||9.95||10.39|
|ASPECT RATIO FLAT||5.7||5.7||5.7||5.7||5.7||5.7|
|ASPECT RATIO PROJ.||4.1||4.1||4.1||4.1||4.1||4.1|
|TOTAL LINE LENGTH||224||238||252||265||276||288|
|LINE DIAMETERS (mm)||0.8/0.9/1.8|
|WEIGHT (kg) SUPERLIGHT||3.2||3.5||3.9||4.3||4.6||X*|
|TAKE OFF WEIGHT (kg)||50-65-75*||60-75||70-90||85-105||100-125||120-145|
50-65-75* - 50-65 kg is the standard loading, higher take-off weight up to 75kg
X* - not available
- Top sail: Dominico 30D
- Bottom sail: Dominico 30D
- Ribs: Dominico 30D hard
- Risers: Cousin 12mm Technora
- Top lines:Edelrid 8000/U-090
- Middle lines:Edelrid 8000/U-130
- Main lines: Edelrid 7343-280
- Mailons: JOO TECH
|EN Certification||EN B|
|LTF Certification||LTF B|
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|