Gin Atlas 2 XL (105-125kg) Raspberry - Brand New, On Sale (191114AH)
We have a brand new Gin Atlas 2 size XL (105-125kg) colour Raspberry with a Fly Gin logo in stock, now on sale!
Subject to availability. To order contact us or order through our site and we'll be in touch.
Download manual from the manufacturer's website.
Images are for illustration purposes only, not of the specific item being sold.
|Flat area (m2)||21.61||22.89||24.94||27.08||29.31||31.62|
|Flat span (m)||10.61||10.92||11.4||11.88||12.36||12.84|
|Flat aspect ratio||5.21||5.21||5.21||5.21||5.21||5.21|
|Projected area (m2)||18.62||19.73||21.49||23.34||25.26||27.25|
|Projected span (m)||8.47||8.72||9.11||9.49||9.87||10.25|
|Projected aspect ratio||3.86||3.86||3.86||3.86||3.86||3.86|
|Number of cells||47||47||47||47||47||47|
|Glider weight (kg)||4.5||4.8||5.1||5.4||5.8||6.2|
|Certified weight range (kg)||55-75||65-85||75-95||85-105||95-116||105-125|
|Extended weight range (kg)||-||-||75-100||85-110||-||-|
|Certification||EN B||EN B||EN B||EN B||EN B||EN B|
Standard colours: Curacao (Blue), Papaya (Orange), Raspberry (Red), Apple (Green)
Included with your glider
The serial delivery includes the Classic rucksack. Alternatively, the Lite rucksack or XXL rucksack can be specified at the time of ordering.
Gin Atlas 2: EASY INTERMEDIATE
6 SIZES | 4 COLOURS | EN B
The Atlas 2 aims to offer comfort in a wide range of conditions but with enough performance in climb and glide to keep a smile on your face.
- easy inflation and smooth take-off
- well-damped pitch control in strong conditions
- comfortable and reassuring handling with a well-co-ordinated turn
- long and progressive brake travel for a wide safety margin
- useful ”thermal sniffing” ability
- improved real-world performance in weak and strong conditions
- extended weight range (S and M sizes) for flying at higher wing loadings
During the development of the Atlas 2, one of the aspects the Gin R&D team worked on was optimising the 3D shaping and sail tension for increased performance. Chief designer Gin Seok Song explains:
“The Atlas 2 project enabled us to use the latest technology from our competition wings in a lower-aspect ratio design.
Optimising the 3D shaping and sail tension gave us a bit more performance, and also a better feeling in the air. The glider is more damped in pitch which means that you don’t lose energy when gliding in moving air. The Atlas 2 also has a tendency to sniff out thermals by turning towards the core. And then, once you’re inside a thermal, the low aspect ratio and inherent stability help you get the most out of every thermal core, even the more turbulent ones.
We also worked on making the wing as easy to launch as possible, especially in stronger winds. Take-offs are a critical moment of a flight, so it’s really important that the wing comes up progressively and smoothly and doesn’t demand too much from the pilot.
There are so many pilots who don’t fly hundreds of hours a year and who just want to reduce their exposure to risk without losing too much of the fun factor. For these pilots, we think the Atlas hits the sweet spot.”
- Optimized airfoil with 2nd generation Equalized Pressure Technology (EPT) for stability and performance
- Low line consumption: 3 risers / 2 main lines spanwise
- Internal construction with well-chosen cross sports maintains even sail tension
- Nylon rods in top sail trailing edge help maintain the shape of the profile in turbulence, which means better performance
- Low friction rings on the brake lines provide smooth operation and prevent twisting and are easily replaceable
- Split ‘A’ risers for easy big ears
- Mini-ribs on the trailing edge improve handling and performance
- Efficient speed system with Ronstan pulleys
- Gathering (reefing) system on the trailing edge for smooth and well-defined handling
- Nylon rods are soft, shape-retaining and durable, but can be easily replaced if necessary
- Canopy fabric:
- Top surface leading edge: Porcher Skytex 38 g/m2 water repellent
- Top surface trailing edge: Porcher Skytex 38 g/m2 water repellent
- Bottom surface leading edge: Dominico 20 DMF 34 g/m2 water repellent
- Bottom surface trailing edge: Dominico 20 DMF 34 g/m2 water repellent
- Ribs: Myungjin 32 HF 32 g/m2 water repellent
- Upper: Liros DSL 70; PPSL 120; DC 60; Gin TGL 80
- Middle: Liros PPSL 120, 160
- Main/brake: Liros PPSL 200, 275; Gin TGL 145, 280
- Risers: Cousin 12 mm Aramid & Dyneema
- Maillons: Stainless steel 3.2 mm
"I know it disappoints readers to only hear how good the wings we test are, but I’m afraid it’s just how it is in this case. The Atlas 2 was made to be an easy and safe wing that beginners can fly and more experienced pilots can love, feel safe on and fly cross-country on, and I am certain it does all of these things. Honestly, I loved it!" - XC Mag's Charlie King on the Atlas 2
"It seems that GIN has created a more accessible low B glider than the Atlas 1. It behaves like a school glider. In fact it seems that this glider could be a first glider to talented students."- Ziad Bassil, Dust of the Universe
|EN Certification||EN B|
|LTF Certification||LTF B|
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|
|Model Status||Current model|