Gin Bonanza 2 S (75-95kg) - Second Hand (7800148P)
EN Certification: EN C
Used Gin Bonanza 2 size S (75-95kg) colour Blue for sale in nearly new condition. Just waiting for the right pilot to come along and grab this amazing bargain!
- Make: Gin Gliders
- Model: Bonanza 2
- Certification: EN C
- Size: S
- Colour: Blue
- Freeflight all-up weight range: 75-95 Kg
- Manufactured: 11/2018
- Purchased: 11/2018
- Airtime: 2 hours
- Service Info: Not serviced as very new and low usage
- Includes: Rucksack, inner bag, compression strap.
- Serial number: BH10Q7800148P
Stored in a climate-controlled storeroom.
Download manual from manufacturer website.
Images for illustrative purposes only. Not of the specific item being sold.
Gin Bonanza 2 (general info)
The Bonanza 2 is Gin Gliders' high performance sports class paraglider for XC pilots who appreciate both ease and performance.
|Flat area (m2)||19.4||20.7||22.6||24.5||26.5||28.6|
|Flat span (m)||11.18||11.54||12.06||12.56||13.06||13.57|
|Flat aspect ratio||6.44||6.44||6.44||6.44||6.44||6.44|
|Projected area (m2)||16.63||17.75||19.38||21.01||22.72||24.52|
|Projected span (m)||9.04||9.34||9.76||10.16||10.57||10.98|
|Projected aspect ratio||4.92||4.92||4.92||4.92||4.92||4.92|
|Number of cells||71||71||71||71||71||71|
|Glider weight (kg)||4.5||4.65||5.15||5.3||5.7||5.95|
|Certified weight range (kg)||60-75||65-85||75-95||85-105||95-115||105-130|
|Certification||EN C||EN C||EN C||EN C||EN C||EN C|
Standard colours: Blue, White, Lime
Included with your glider
Rucksack, inner bag, compression strap, repair tape, stickers.
Bonanza 2: For XC Purists
The Bonanza 2 was born to chase the horizon. The GIN R&D team spent a lot of time perfecting the wing’s flying characteristics on the speed bar, as this is crucial for XC performance. The wing accelerates rapidly, has outstanding performance over the entire speed range and excels in turbulence and headwinds. Besides this, it is easy to fly, climbs great and is of a modern, semi-light construction.
- smooth inflation in all wind conditions
- excellent performance over the entire speed range
- very stable, especially on bar
- well-damped pitch control in strong conditions
- good climbing ability
- great passive safety compared to the level of performance
The original Bonanza remains one of Gin Seok Song’s favourite designs of his 40 year career. Gin believes the Bonanza 2 to be a worthy successor. Gin explains:
“We worked more than two years on this glider and I experimented a lot with new techniques, but finally my experience led me to finish this glider as it is now. The aspect ratio and planform was fixed already at an early stage. As with our other recent wings, we spent a lot of time optimising the sail tension, 3D shaping and line materials and diameters.
Internal construction is also incredibly important for this class of glider. Most of the three cell blocks are connected with “cross-beams”, which give much better stability and performance. As a result, the glider keeps the arc, even if the speed bar is pushed to the maximum. I recommend using the speed bar as much as possible! The glider is not only very stable over the entire speed range, but the acceleration is rapid and smooth. Performance stays good as well!”
C-riser steering with Smart Risers
The Bonanza 2 also features new Smart Risers for easy pitch control. By acting not just on the C-riser but also on the B-riser, rear riser control is very even and progressive.
The flying characteristics on bar – combined with excellent climbing ability and good passive safety – make the Bonanza 2 a dream wing for pilots who want to fly far with ease.
- Optimized airfoil with Equalized Pressure Technology (EPT) for stability and performance
- Unsheathed aramid lines with optimized diameters
- 3 risers / 3 lines spanwise
- Colour-coded stabilo line for easy identification
- Optimized internal construction with “cross-beams” to give better stability and performance
- Improved sail tension on the leading edge
- Mini-ribs on the trailing edge improve handling and performance
- Speed system with Harken pulleys
- Gathering (reefing) system on the trailing edge
- Fabric selected for ideal compromise between durability and light weight: 38g/sqm front top and bottom and 32g/sqm rear top and bottom
- Smart riser system for effective rear riser steering
- Upper surface leading edge: Porcher Skytex, 38 g/m2 (water repellent)
- Upper surface: Porcher Skytex, 32 g/m2 (water repellent)
- Lower surface: Porcher Skytex, 32 g/m2 (water repellent)
- Upper: Edelrid 8000 / U-050 / 070 / 090 (unsheathed aramid)
- Middle: Edelrid 8000 / U-050 / 070 (unsheathed aramid)
- Main: Edelrid 8000 / U-070 / 090 / 130 / 190 / 230 / 280 (unsheathed aramid)
Gin Bonanza 2 sports paraglider reviews
The Bonanza 2 is a top contender for XC hounds looking for high performing yet relatively easy to manage Sports class wing.
- Carlo Borsattino, Flybubble (full review)
Watch our Gin Bonanza 2 review video, which accompanies our full written review:
|EN Certification||EN C|