Gin Yeti 3 (PAST MODEL)
Yeti Mountain Wing - 500g lighter, tons more fun!
Updated with new-generation technology, the Yeti has even better launch characteristics and into-wind glide. On Manaslu at 8000m or on a weekend hike with friends in your local mountains, you need a wing that makes flying as easy and enjoyable as it could possibly be: the Yeti.
With a new lighter internal construction and modern leading edge with plastic re-enforcements, there is less weight to carry and the wing is even more compact. But perhaps even better is the way the new Yeti flies. Inflation, take-off, handling, speed, glide ratio and into-wind performance have all been improved.
The Yeti is available in 6 sizes (catering for a huge weight range of 50-120kg weight in flight). The 19m2 weighs only 2.5kg and can be used either by light pilots or by suitably experienced pilots as a top-performing mini-glider.
Despite the light weight, the Yeti is a true paraglider. The weight reductions achieved in this generation have led to an even better feeling in thermals and performance on glide, especially into a headwind. It’s so good that you probably won’t even need an “XC wing”.
Now in its 3rd generation, the Yeti has been a reference glider in its class since 2004. In extreme conditions, it’s a wing you can trust, and in more leisurely situations it’s pure fun.
- Over 500g lighter* than the Yeti 08, already one of the lightest gliders in its class
- Lighter leading edge with plastic re-enforcements
- Lighter internal construction with more cross-ports
- Wide range of 6 sizes, for weights of 50kg to 120kg
- Only 2.5kg for the 19m2 size - probably the lightest glider on the market relative to its performance
- Loops on top surface to attach snow tabs to hold the wing in place on steep snow-covered slopes
- Dedicated manufacturing process: reduced seam allowance saves weight and each wing is made by a single person
- Wing only; supplied with lightweight rucsack
- Gin Yeti wing + Gin Yeti Ultralight harness + Gin Yeti Alpine Bag (50L)
- Gin Yeti wing + Gin Yeti Convertible harness/rucsack + Gin Yeti Alpine Bag (50L)
The 19m2 Yeti, Yeti harness and Alpine Bag (50L) together weigh less than 4kg!
Catalog & Manual
- Download Gin Gliders Yeti Catalogue
- Download Gin Gliders Yeti Owners Manual (supplement to the Bolero 4 manual)
There are two colour options; Zest or Orchid:
|WEIGHT IN FLIGHT||50~90kg||50~90kg||55~75kg||70~90kg||80~105kg||95~120kg|
|EN / LTF||C||B||A||A||A||A|
- Risers: 12mm Kevlar for easy groundhandling (4mm Bainbridge Dyneema risers for extreme lightness are available as an option)
- Fabric: optimum mix of Skytex 32g/m2 for the top surface leading edge and ribs, Skytex 27g/m2 for the main top surface and bottom surface
- Lines: sheathed and unsheathed low-stretch Dyneema for an ideal blend of ease of use, performance, durability and lightness
- Upper: LIROS DC60 (unsheathed Dyneema)
- Middle: LIROS DSL70, PPSL 120 (sheathed Dyneema)
- Main: LIROS PPSL 120, 160 & 200 (sheathed Dyneema)
- All materials such as re-enforcements, tapes and attachments are carefully selected to achieve the highest possible performance to weight ratio
- 19 & 22m2 sizes: upper/mid lines -- Edelrid 8000 unsheathed Kevlar for extreme lightness
|EN Certification||EN A, EN B, EN C|
|LTF Certification||LTF B, LTF C|
|Model Status||Past model|