Hanwag Super Fly GTX - UK size 6.5 (Euro size 40)
Super Fly GTX - final stock, on sale!
Last chance to own one of the last pairs of these classic paragliding boots!
After this only the Hanwag Sky GTX model will be available.
- UK 5 - UK 12.5 (in half sizes)
Not sure about UK/Euro sizes? See our Shoe/Boot Size Guide.
Super Fly GTX
Probably the most popular and durable paragliding boots ever. The best ankle support and protection money can buy. Also ideal to access high-alpine launch sites on foot. Super Fly GTX are ideal for paragliding, paramotoring and hang gliding.
Hanwag boots are made of only the finest European grain leathers and materials, and have a reputation for extraordinary levels of comfort and fit.
Named after Italian "Vittorio Bramani", probably the best-known manufacturer of high-end sole units.
Patented ultra-lightweight microporous expanded PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) membrane. Durably waterproof and very breathable.
Additional insulation in the upper and the sole unit.
An all-round rubber rand, handcrafted around the lower part of the upper. It protects the leather from scree and rocks and significantly increases the boot’s stability and durability.
Fewer seams reduce the risk of rubbing and pressure points. HANWAG uses a special technique, which makes it possible to reduce the number of seams. It might sound simple, but it involves very complex craftsmanship
Thanks to their cemented construction or double stitched construction our boots and shoes can be resoled as many times as required.
Increased comfort and enhanced air circulation due to a pumping action in the tongue and cushioning while walking.
Special clamping eyelets enable different lacing tensions at the fore-/mid foot and around the ankle (2-zone lacing).
- Click Clamps (clamping lace rings) for two-zone lacing: enable different lacing tensions, e.g. tighter at the fore-/mid foot and looser around the ankle during mountain ascents
- High, protective rubber rand
- Cemented construction, easy to resole
- Durably waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® lining
- Thermal insulation
- No open eyelets or lace hooks to prevent line tangling
- Easy Roller: smooth ball bearing lacing system
- Flex zone at heel
- Graded memory insole for superior shape retention – always returns to its original form
- Loop at heel for easy slip-on
- Shock Absorb: additional shock absorber in the heel
- Vibram® sole
- Colour: Alpin
- Made in Europe
- Weight: 950 grams each (shoe size 7-7.5)
- Upper: Bergrind leather
- Sole: Vibram® Aeroplan
- Sole Features: EVA rubber outsole. Full-length TPU reinforcement. Good traction and friction.
- Lining: GORE-TEX® laminate
- Gender: Unisex
- Last: Normal fit
- Laces: 220 cm long, 6 mm diameter
Hanwag boots info
Useful information and tips for HANWAG boots, including lacing, cleaning and care, and resoling.
|Shipping Details||1-3 workdays|
|Model Status||End of line|
Hanwag Super Fly GTX - UK size 6.5 (Euro size 40) Reviews
I would buy another pair for sure.
Other boots I had before just fell to bits in no time, and didn't offer the same level of comfort or ankle protection. I'm sure my Hanwags have saved my ankles on a few occasions - especially when having to run downhill as fast as I can to keep up with my paragliding students when assisting them on launch. Hanwag boots offer the best protection your ankles can get!
The Super Fly's are rather stiff when brand new, and take a bit of wearing in - after which they become supremely comfortable and very supportive. The only real negative is that they are quite heavy, at around 2kg for the pair. That's the price you pay to get this level of comfort, support and durability.
Overall I think the Super Fly's are just brilliant flying boots and can't recommend them highly enough! If the weight and price put you off then take a look at the lighter, cheaper Hanwag Sky GTX model.