Nova Bion 2
BION 2 - flexibility and comfort
Share the most beautiful moments (EN/LTF B)
Like its predecessor, the BION 2 excites professional tandem pilots as well as enthusiastic recreational pilots who want to share their most beautiful moments. Take off, enjoy, land safely: the BION 2 is a reliable partner which takes its responsibility seriously. With maximum performance, it will never let you or your passenger down.
Excellent take off and landing characteristics.
Like the previous model, the BION 2 has excellent launch characteristics. Just a light pull is necessary to make the canopy rises above the pilot and passenger in a controlled and even manner. In comparison to its predecessor, this tandem is more comfortable to land due to the new wing design and the optimised brake configuration. In the final landing phase the wing converts every brake input and ensures a safe and controlled flare..
Maximum potential and fun.
The BION 2’s precise handling means that a little brake input results in the desired reaction. Thanks to the significant trim travel und the resulting wide speed range, the wing maintains its precision across the entire weight range of 120 kg to 225 kg. This balance of flight characteristics, coupled with great performance, provides new opportunities for cross-country pilots.
Prepared for every eventuality.
Anyone who flies a tandem carries a great responsibility. Your demand for a high degree of safety will be fulfilled with the BION 2. We made sure the BION 2 is “NOVA standard" by testing it more than the required certification tests and we can guarantee the highest degree of passive safety. These high safety standards should be a dream come true for all responsible tandem pilots.
- The BION 2 has only three line areas. This reduces drag and simplifies line sorting.
- The risers have also benefited from eliminating the fourth line area. They are lighter, easier to handle and this makes inflating the canopy simpler.
- The undersurface of the BION 2 is made from lightweight material, the weight of the risers has been reduced and the internal wing construction has been optimised. In comparison to the BION 1, this is a weight reduction of 700 grams, whilst retaining the same durability.
- The new profile demonstrates excellent thermalling characteristics when the trimmers are closed. With the trimmers open, the BION 2 offers unusually high speed with excellent glide performance.
Flat profile nose. Anyone who tries to fold a piece of paper around a ball will notice that there are always creases. The nose profile of a paraglider is the same - the sail cloth has to adjust to both the profile and ballooning effect (cells are round, not straight). Double 3D Shaping uses additional seams to reduce creasing and therefore increases the performance of the wing.
Optimised cell widths. Smart Cells counteract the variable force distribution within the wing that are caused by the line attachments. In NOVA paragliders constructed using SmartCells, the cell widths have been adapted to the load - basically, intelligent cells. Wings with SmartCells fly more calmly, are more compact and glide better.
Comfort on the ground. All NOVA paragliders are made to be easy to use. For packing you can use a concertina bag, but it is not essential. Our extensive experience with rods has taught us that the packing method has little influence on the durability of the wing. Bent rods quickly spring back into their original shape.
Less is more. Our idea of a three-liner with a reduced amount of line length allows us to construct wings with very good performance and a high degree of passive safety. The way we have conceptualised the lines has made it possible to manufacture wings which are collapse resistant; but when they do collapse, the collapsed area is generally less extensive. This significantly improves the wing's extreme flight behaviour.
More compact. The aspect ratio of a glider is not the only factor in passive safety, but still a very important one. A high aspect ratio favours cravats after asymmetric collapses, generally shortens brake travel and normally makes wings more difficult to fly. Nova's analytical tools permit us to build performance wings even with a low or moderate aspect ratio.
Light and durable. Paragliders in the Weight-optimised category are lighter than conventional paragliders - but offer the same mechanical stability and durability. These wings are lighter to carry, easier to launch and are therefore suitable for hike & fly. Weight-optimised is aimed at pilots who appreciate light weight without compromising on durability.
When the trimmers are fully closed, the maillons are not at the same level, as is normally the case; the C-riser can be shortened even more in comparison to the A-riser. This trimmer setting offers the best handling in thermals with reduced sink.
When the BION 2 trimmers are fully open the wing impresses with an unusually high top speed, which provides you with more safety on windy days.
|Number of cells||49||49|
|Projected aspect ratio||3,73||3,73|
|Flat aspect ratio||5,39||5,39|
|Line diameter||2,5 / 1,2 / 1|
|Total line length||334,8||355,7|
|Recommended take off weight||TBA||120-225|
|Leading edge:||Dominico 30D, 41 g/m2|
|Top surface:||Dominico 30D, 41 g/m2|
|Lower sail:||Dominico 20D, 35 g/m2|
|Profile ribs (suspended):||Skytex 40 Hard, 40 g/m2|
|Profile ribs (unsuspended):||Skytex 40 Hard, 40 g/m2|
|Gallery lines:||PPSL 160 / TSL 140|
|Top lines:||PPSL120 / DSL70|
|Brake lines:||Cousin 85|
|Risers:||Polyester 25mm / Kevlar 12mm|
Standard Colours: Blue; Mokka; Gold
Custom Colours: Choose your colours here then email us the NOVA colour code with your order.
Scope of delivery
- NOVA Rucksack.The wing and harness will determine the size of the rucksack. We are offering our high quality and comfortable to carry models in size S (110 litres), M (145 litres) and in L (165 litres).
- Repair kit. Everyone hopes it will never happen: a hole or tear in the paraglider. We have included a minor damage repair kit in the right colour for such an eventuality.
- NOVA windsock. So you know where the wind is coming from, we have added a NOVA windsock. With a length of approximately 80cm it is large enough for a take-off site.
- Manual. We have enclosed a very detailed manual which contains everything you need to know about your paraglider. Please study it before flying your wing for the first time.
Service Info & FAQs
Read Nova Paragliders service information and answers to frequently asked questions here.
|EN Certification||EN B|
|LTF Certification||LTF B|
|Shipping Details||1-3 workdays|
|Model Status||Current model|