Ozone Viper 4
SPECIFICATIONS / SIZES
|No. of Cells||62||62||62||62||62||62|
|Flat Area (m2)||14||16||18||20||22||24|
|Proj Area (m2)||12||13.7||15.4||17.1||18.8||20.5|
|Flat Span (m)||9.01||9.64||10.22||10.77||11.3||11.8|
|Proj Span (m)||7.18||7.68||8.15||8.59||9||9.41|
|Glider Weight (kg)||3.3||3.6||4.1||4.25||4.55||4.77|
|Certified Weight Range (kg)||55-90||55-90||65-95||75-105||85-115||95-125|
|PPG Weight Range (kg)||55-120||55-130||65-140||75-150||85-160||85-170|
|Load test DGAC (5.25G)||256kg||256kg||256kg||256kg||256kg||256kg|
Standard Colours:Grey-Black-White-Red (GKWR); Grey-Black-White-Light Blue (GKWL); Red-Yellow-Red-Orange (RYRO)
Custom Colours: Choose your custom colours here and then email us the Ozone Reference with your order.
ABOUT CUSTOM COLOURS
Ozone encourages you to customize your own personal colour combination for your wing. Customization generally incurs a small fee. Once you’ve decided you can share your design with your friends, or if you are ready to order, send it to your local Ozone dealer to check if there is a charge and place the final order.
Please note that because the glider will be built specifically for you in the Ozone factory, payment must be received before production can begin.
FABRIC COLOUR AND UV RESISTANCE
Please be aware that the colour you see on your screen may not accurately represent the actual fabric colour. Given the wide varience in monitor calibration and the fabric appearance in different light and colour combinations, it is impossible to perfectly represent fabric colour on screen. If you have any doubts about the colours, look at photos of various wings on Ozone's website to see them in different light and colour combinations or contact your local dealer to see the fabric in person.
All of the fabric that Ozone use undergoes extensive testing in prototype colour phase to ensure colourfastness, mechanical stability, porosity, and general longevity before ozone put it into production. Once Ozone's fabric is in production, every meter of it is rigorously inspected upon arrival in Ozone's factory, and fabric which does not pass Ozone's stringent quality control standards is returned to the manufacturer. Ozone are frequently asked, "Which colours last the longest, or have the best UV resistance?" All of the colours that Ozone stock score between 4 and 5 on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the highest possible rating for longevity.
Your Ozone wing is delivered standard with the following accessories:
- Easy Bag
- Inner Bag
- Glider Strap
- Speed Bar
- Ozone Stickers
- Repair Cloth
- Ozone Keyring
- Line Length Chart.
Ozone offers a range of backpack choices when you order your wing. To change the type of backpack that will come with your wing, please speak with your Ozone Dealer.
ADVANCED XC / COMPETITION - DGAC/LOAD
- Advance XC/Competition -DAGC/LOAD
- For PPG competition pilots
- Efficient and versatile competition wing for all tasks
- Progressive and intuitive handling
- Features the V4 PK riser system
The Viper 4 is Ozone's paramotor competition wing designed for advanced pilots only. The Viper 4 can be used for classic or slalom competition tasks and is a highly efficient and versatile performance PPG wing. It is an evolution of the V3, with a 3-line design, unsheathed lines, and a new profile. In thermal conditions, its behaviour is similar to a paragliding wing, with excellent climb and glide performance and with progressive and intuitive handling that transmits moderate feedback to the pilot.
While the core mission of the V3 was performance flying, the Viper 4 is more suitable for dynamic and slalom competition flying, thanks to higher top speed with more stability across the entire speed range. Furthermore, a totally new riser system has increased both speed range and refined control in accelerated flight. A new PK system is built into the risers, and a 2D steering system with an additional pulley to install custom steering modifications for competition slalom flying.
The V4 PK system connects the accelerator and trim system on the risers. This yields a higher top speed (greater range of acceleration) with the same amount of travel in the accelerator.
In the V4 2D steering system, the brake line and tip steering line (TST) are connected to the main brake handle. This system allows the pilot to isolate control of the wingtip (TST), or the center of the trailing edge, or both together.
The V4 Slalom steering system for competition flying was developed by Alex Mateos several years ago and has helped to make him one of the most successful PPG Slalom competition pilots in the history of the sport. Ozone think this is the safest and most reliable slalom steering system available. Here is a video showing how to install this steering system.
During the development of the Sirocco and Spyder, Ozone saw the advantages of lightweight materials in PPG wings. The V4 is designed with light weight fabric on the bottom surface. The lighter sail means increased overall performance, more agile and responsive handling, easy inflation, and effortless ground handling.
Overall, the V4 is a powerful tool for the most experienced PPG pilots who are looking to add competition results to their flying careers. Emilia, Alex, and the OZONE R&D Team thoroughly enjoyed the development of this new design, and Ozone are confident that you will be impressed by all it delivers.
- Top Surface Cloth: Dominico 30D MF
- Bottom Surface Cloth: Skytex 27 Classic
- Rib cloth: Dominico 30D FM / Skytex 27 Hard
- Lines: Edelrid 8000U series
The Viper series has always been designed to be the very best. The 4th generation is an evolution of the Viper3, to achieve the best all-rounder competition wing possible for every task possible.
It retains the untouchable high level of efficiency but offers now all the features and abilities to be the perfect choice for Slalom tasks.
- New profile, offers more structural stability, smoother feel in turbulence and more confidence at high speeds.
- Line positioning for more stability at low angle of attacks.
- Reduced AR in order to have a shorter span to increase the agility for sharper turns in Slalom.
- Lighter sail to minimize the inertia of the sail, freeing up the control of your wing, making any input translate in a quicker result, and resulting in a quicker change of direction in Slalom.
- Inflation is also greatly improved – it becomes a dream to launch!
- Shorter lines to also increase the roll authority to allow faster change of directions.
- The panel’s shaping has been refined to make the wing even cleaner.
- The inside structure has also been modified to get more sail’s cohesion in order to achieve higher top speeds.
- Ozone have 3D shaping and the use of plastic on the LE to make the smoothest surface possible. This translates into more efficiency thanks to an important drag reduction.
- Risers with PK system redefined by OZONE. The system is a 1:2 PK which is safer and more user-friendly than the original one. Also, the trimmers are always operational, so anytime you can adjust to your personal taste or to the task you need which is not possible with other brand’s PK risers.
|Other Certification||DGAC, Load Test Only|
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|
|Model Status||Current model|