Sol Ellus Five S (70-90kg) Orange 17399000
Used Sol Ellus Five size S colour Orange in good condition. No repairs, a few dirty marks on top and bottom surface.
- Make: Sol
- Model: Ellus Five
- Certification: EN B, LTF B
- Size: S
- Freeflight certified weight range: 70-90 Kg
- Colour: Orange
- Manufactured: 01/12/2014
- Purchased: Unknown
- Service Info: The Loft Workshop on 20/03/2021
- Condition: Good
- Porosity: Very good
- Airtime: 40
- Includes: Original rucksack, Inner bag
- Service Report: Download
See service report for further details on the condition and any repairs.
Images are for illustrative purposes only, not of the specific item being sold.
Flybubble reference: 17399000
Sol Ellus Five (general info)
|Projected Span (m)||8.88||9.26||9.55||9.84||10.22||10.6|
|Projected Surface (m2)||19.67||21.40||22.74||24.12||26.04||28.02|
|Real Wingspan (m)||10.98||11.46||11.81||12.16||12.64||13.11|
|Real Surface (m2)||22.65||24.64||26.19||27.78||29.98||32.27|
|Line Diameter (mm)||1 - 1.5 - 2.1|
|Maximum Profile (m)||2.54||2.65||2.73||2.81||2.92||3.03|
|Minimum Profile (cm)||59||61||63||65||67||70|
|Take off Weight (kg lbs)||60/80
|Sink Rate Minimum (m/s)||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Minimum Speed (km/h)||24 +/- 1||24 +/- 1||24 +/- 1||24 +/- 1||24 +/- 1||24 +/- 1|
|Trim Speed (km/h)||38 +/-1||38 +/-1||38 +/-1||38 +/-1||38 +/-1||38 +/-1|
|Maximum Speed (km/h)||54+/- 1||54+/- 1||54+/- 1||54+/- 1||54+/- 1||54+/- 1|
Since 1991 SOL has been producing and following the evolution of materials and products. Our experience makes us choose the materials carefully, thus guaranteeing a good stability and a high safety level. All SOL paragliders are manufactured in our own plant, certified by DHV.
- Top/Bottom: WTX 40 gr/m2 Nylon 6.6 HT PU+Silicon
- Profiles/Diagonal: Pro Nyl 42 g/m2 Nylon 6.6 HT PU hard
- Reinforcements: Battens (BT technology)
- 1.1 mm Cousin Dyneema
- 1.1 mm Cousin Superaram
- 1.5 mm Cousin Superaram
- 2.1 mm Cousin Superaram
- Risers: Fitanew 15 x 2,0 mm Flat Multi 1600kg
- Carabiners: Ansung Precision 4mm 800kg
- Pulleys: Nautos/SOL
SOL Ellus Five - the choice for a world of possibilities
The all new ELLUS FIVE, certificated with LTF/EN B, is an evolution within the "Ellus-Family", the fith generation. With his improved characteristics of handling and performance, glide, speed and stability the new Ellus Five is the perfect paraglider for pilots who want to consolidate the thermal flight and like to go on distance for many km without leaving the paraglider-category.
The ELLUS FIVE has its position above the gliders destinated for the entry to the level B, he offers clearly much more performance.
Characteristics of SOL ELLUS FIVE and diferences to the predecessors:
- Glide (0.5 points more)
- Battens (BT technology)
- More A/R real and projected
- Thin risers 15 mm
- 3 risers and lines for "big ears"
- New lay-out, profiles and new construction for the diagonal bands
- New BOW Tech - Greater lift in the same sail area and better pressure distribution across wingspan glider.
Available in 4 size with LTF / EN - B certification + 2 special sizes with load test.
The SOL ELLUS FIVE combines our technologies for performance, safety and long life.
The ELLUS FIVE consists of 53 cells and has internal crossed diagonals applied at the profiles to distribute the weight uniformly. This maintains the canopy very shapely and cleans and reduces the induced drag.
The ELLUS FIVE was designed at the new software. Its enhanced design and profile are the result of our continuous development and refinement process in terms of performance paired with stability. The improved features of this project permit a large speed range and excellent stability.
Its higher aspect ratio allows a more precise piloting both to active pilots who like to use the body, as well as to passive pilots who prefer to act using the brakes. This characteristic allows a great performance in weak and strong thermals, while stability is maintained.
- Long and tolerating brake length
- Excellent and precise handling
- High internal pressure
- Stability in full speed
- Light reactions in extreme conditions
- Good passive safety
- Excellent take off characteristics, even in nil wind
- Comfortable piloting
- Good behaviour in thermals
The ELLUS FIVE presents:
- Top and bottom design
- Riser for big ears
- Diagonal bands to reduce weight and the number of lines
- Reinforcements in batten technology
- Opening on the stabilizers to remove dirt
- Panels, profiles and parts cut by laser
SOL technologies for performance and comfort applied on ELLUS FIVE
LTF/EN Test Results:
|EN Certification||EN B|
|LTF Certification||LTF B|
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|