Supair SKYPPER 2 S Grey Onyx - Brand New, On Sale (SS0723RO)
Supair SKYPPER 2 size S colour Grey Onyx for sale in brand new condition. Includes a full manufacturer's warranty and service life.
- Make: Supair
- Model: SKYPPER 2
- Size: S
- Colour: Grey Onyx
- Manufacture date: 23/07/2019
- Reserve container: Under-seat mount, Right hand
- Protection type: Foam
- Package includes: 2 self-locking 30 mm carabiners, BUMPAIR 18 SK2 (foam protector), 40 mm back protector, Carbon fibre seatplate SKP2, Speedbag carbon fibre footplate, Speedbag speed system 2B STD, Removable front container including reserve handle and bridles, Reserve parachute handle with rescue pod, Supair solo Dyneema reserve parachute bridles, 1 threaded aluminium Grivel Plume carabiner, Safety lanyard, User manual (CD)
Download manual from the manufacturer's website.
Images are for illustration purposes only, not of the specific item being sold.
Supair SKYPPER 2 (general information)
SKYPPER 2 is a high-end paragliding pod harness for keen cross country paraglider pilots. It offers many of the features of full competition harnesses but with significantly less weight, bulk and cost. Designed for ambitious yet discerning XC pilots looking for high safety and excellent value for money, the SKYPPER 2 offers excellent handling and performance.
|Pilot size (cm)||150–165||160–183||180–195||> 195|
|Pilot weight (min – max) (kg)||60–80||65–85||75–105||90–115|
|Harness weight (delivered) (g)||5500*||5700*||5900*||6100*|
|A||Back length (cm)||61||65||72||77|
|B||Back inclination length (cm)||29||31||35||39|
|C||Seat length (cm)||41,5||41,5||45||47|
|D||Seat width (cm)||34||34||36||38|
|E||Carabiners height (cm)||45||46||48||50|
|F||Distance between carabiners (cm)||38–44||39–45||39–48||39– 48|
|G||Speedbag length (cm)||79||86||99||105|
*includes harness, rear protection, bump, carbon fibre seat and foot plates, speedbag.
Standard colours: Earth, Grey Onyx
The SKYPPER 2 is delivered with the following:
- 2 self-locking 30 mm carabiners
- BUMPAIR 18 SK2 (foam protector)
- 40 mm back protector
- Carbon fibre seatplate SKP2 (3 sizes)
- Speedbag carbon fibre footplate (2 sizes)
- Speedbag speed system 2B STD
- Removable front container
- Reserve parachute handle with rescue pod
- Supair solo Dyneema reserve parachute bridles
- 1 threaded aluminium Grivel Plume carabiner
- Safety lanyard
- User manual (CD)
Spares (optional extras)
- Reserve parachute handle with rescue pod (inner container)
- BUMPAIR 18 SK2
- Self-locking Supair 30 mm Zicral carabiners
SKYPPER 2: Comfort & Precision, High Passive Safety & Fully Featured
- High comfort and precise piloting
- High passive safety
- Fully featured for long and technical flights
- Weight: 5700 g in size M (harness with back protection, bump, carbon seat plate and foot plate)
- Size: S, M, L, XL
- Colours: Grey Onyx (black-grey), Earth (blue-green)
The SKYPPER 2 is quite different from the first Skypper harness. Key points of the development process were: better stability in rolling motions (steering without tipping), greater comfort for long technical flights, new, reliable and easy-to-use rescue parachute container under the seat, new fully integrated speedbag with a straight line and the possibility to equip the harness with a second rescue parachute.
The SKYPPER 2 frame was designed to work with and be adapted to high aspect ratio wings for stable, precise buffered steering during technical flights while still benefiting from enough onboard comfort to make it an enjoyable experience.
The SKYPPER 2 is particularly comfortable for extended flights. The backrest is rigid, reinforced and well padded. The seat was precisely adjusted to distribute evenly and lessen all the pressure points.
The SKYPPER 2 is complete and fully modulable. It is delivered with 2 interchangeable cockpits: a standard cockpit with instrument support and a front reserve container cockpit.
High passive safety: thanks to its thick protection foam, the SKYPPER 2 benefits from greater shock absorption characteristics than the first Skypper. The overall geometry and structure have been re-designed to improve glider/harness compatibility, from EN-B + (such as our STEP) to EN-D or CCC wings. As a bonus, a tree landing rescue kit was integrated into the harness.
This harness has every accessory a pilot could ask for: a cockpit with great storage capacity and removable front reserve container, Drag chute pocket, multiple storage pockets, ballast container under the seat, profiled carbon fibre seat plate and so on.
The line is taut and optimised compared to the previous version and the speedbag, printed by subliation, is the witness of daring design. Available in two colours!
The reserve parachute container is fully closed with a zipper. The locking mechanism is done by two hidden safety pins: nothing to snag, all is well-enclosed and smooth on the harness.
A – Rear storage pocket
B – BUMPAIR 18 SK2
C – Reserve parachute container
D – Back protection
- XC flying & competition
- 3/4 reclined sitting posture
- For active and experienced pilots
- BUMPAIR 18 SK2
- Plastazote reinforced back protection
- Reserve container under the seat, with a handle on the right
- Removable front reserve container
- ABS (Anti Balance System)
- Safety kit for tree landing and rescue
- 25 mm aluminium self-locking (light) buckles
- Safe-T-Bar system
- 30 mm Self-locking carabiners
Equipment / comfort
- Preformed carbon fibre preformed seat plate
- Speedbag with carbon foot rest
- Drag chute container with right or left exit
- Removable cockpit (volume 3L, 3 inner pockets, removable instrument support)
- GPS pocket on the shoulder
- Ballast container under the seat (3.5L)
- Harken pulleys 29 mm
- Large rear storage pocket
- Lateral zipped pockets on the speedbag
- Drag chute container
- Inner radio pocket
- Shoulder straps length adjustment
- Chest strap width adjustment (stability)
- Backrest tilt adjustment with additional lumbar support
- Speedbag length and incline adjustments
- Nylon 210D Ripstop
- Nylon 210D Honeycomb
- (LTF certification in process)
- (EN certification in process)
Supair SKYPPER 2 paragliding harness reviews
“The SKYPPER 2 offers top-of-range features with a focus on safety and comfort for ambitious XC pilots who don’t want the high weight, bulk or cost of full competition harnesses.”
- Carlo Borsattino, Flybubble (full review)
Watch our SKYPPER 2 video review (NB: the only size SKYPPER 2 available at the time of filming this video was size M which, as you can see in the video, is too small for Carlo. He's since changed to using the size L, which is a better fit.):
I found the SKYPPER 2 very comfortable, really supportive on the back, hips and legs. It sports many great features, and a generally well thought out design.
The SKYPPER 2 offers great in-flight comfort and control, what you want for long XC flights in challenging conditions! Its details are well-optimised for ambitious XC hounds, rather than high-end competition pilots, which seems right. The flight deck is excellent. Large enough... It sits at just the right angle.
With features you’d usually only expect to see on a full competition harness—provision for two reserves; large cockpit; ambidextrous drag chute pocket; high stability and control; etc—the SKYPPER 2 is actually pretty light for what you get.
In summary, the SKYPPER 2 is well-suited to ambitious yet safety-conscious XC pilots who prioritise comfort, handling, safety and functionality over skimping on weight and out-and-out performance.
- Nancy Elliott, Flybubble (full review)
Supair product registration
Register your Supair product here.
Want to try?
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|
|Model Status||Current model|