Swing Arcus RS M (85-105kg) 10hrs - Second Hand (72610787)
Very good condition and porosity.
- Make: Swing
- Model: Arcus RS
- Size: M
- Serial number: AR5172610787
- Colour: Lime
- Airtime: 10 hours
- Certification: B
- Freeflight all-up weight range: 85-105 Kg
- Manufacture date: 01/04/2018
- Service Info: The Loft Workshop on 13/07/2019
- Package includes: Rucksack, Inner bag, Riser Bag, Service report (see images).
Download manual from the manufacturer's website.
See service report (see images) for further details on condition and any repairs.
Images for illustrative purposes only. Not of the specific item being sold.
Swing Arcus RS
The name ARCUS generates high expectations. It is linked inseparably with SWING and stands for a revolutionary paraglider design, which has given many thousands of paraglider pilots a safe and easy introduction into our captivating sport over a period of nearly 20 years.
The ARCUS RS, with its particular features and stylish appearance, joins this successful low-end B-tradition. Innovative and redesigned, it departs from the well-worn paths of paraglider development and provides completely new impetus for our sport.
|LTF homologation||B (PDF)||B (PDF)||B (Link)||B (PDF)||B (PDF)|
|Wing area (m²)||22||24||27||30||32|
|Wing area projected (m²)||19||20,7||23,3||25,9||27,7|
|Wing span (m)||10,7||11,2||11,9||12,3||13|
|Projected wing span (m)||8,7||9,1||9,7||10,0||10,5|
|Projected aspect ratio||4.0||4.0||4.0||4.0||4.0|
|Glider weight (kg)*||
|Min. sink rate (m/s)**||1.0||1.0||1.0||1.0||1.0|
|Trim speed (km/h)**||38±1||38±1||38±1||38±1||38±1|
|Max speed (km/h)**||50±1||50±1||50±1||50±1||50±1|
** Performance is affected by wing loading, atmospheric conditions, harness, pilot position etc.
Cosmic, Flame, Gold, Lime, Opal
Scope of delivery
- Swing Arcus RS
- Swing ARCUS RS
- Sherpa Backpack
- Compression Strap
- Riser Bag
- Free*Spee Speedbar
Arcus RS: free again... !
The unique new partition system known as RAST now has additional valves, and the ARCUS RS is an impressive example of how it operates.
Launch becomes a completely stress-free experience – thanks to RAST!
The canopy initially inflates at the front along the leading edge, while the rear section of the canopy is still empty. This is characteristic of the RAST system and creates a self-stabilising, reflex-profile.
There are a number of advantages to this:
- The front part of the canopy fills very quickly, starting from the centre. This leads to the glider rising seamlessly and harmoniously without any tendency to overshoot.
- To date, there haven’t been any cases of our ARCUS RS test pilots being launched unintentionally, even in strong thermal conditions.
- The middle of the glider will not collapse even if the take-off run is very impulsive, as the entire front half of the glider promptly fills with air.
- Any tendency to overshoot is significantly diminished even in a tailwind. There’s no longer any need for pilots to run after the paraglider downhill. Instead they can take some time for a controlled launch.
The self-stabilising profile with RAST in the filling phase on launch. This gives the pilot safety and controls even in difficult launch conditions!
RAST means that the ARCUS RS is pleasantly damped and extremely stable during flight.
It is in turbulent air that RAST really puts its strengths into play, effectively stabilising the canopy and gently calming turbulent air. This makes the ARCUS RS extremely stable and forgiving, which results in noticeably improved precision and comfort during flight, and consequently also more control and better performance for the pilot.
Typical for RAST is that, as weight loading increased, the operation of the multi-chamber system during flight intensified.
RAST effectively counters large-scale canopy deformation.
With the ARCUS RS, RAST ensures resistance to large-scale collapses and stabilises the trailing edge. Collapses are extremely delayed or prevented, without the pilot actively steering. If the glider ever does collapse, there is much less deformation because of the higher internal pressure in the canopy’s rear section, and it does not spread right through to the trailing edge. The canopy reacts in a gentle and controlled manner and does not shoot forward much.
Front stalls generally do not go beyond the integrated ‘wall’ and RAST also counters the dreaded rosette. The air remaining in the wing reduces to an absolute minimum any tendency towards dangerous line-overs and the pilot thus gets feedback through the brakes even in difficult situations. The extremely rapid re-inflation means that there is very little loss of altitude if there is any problem with canopy stability, as the canopy does not completely empty.
The trailing edge of the ARCUS RS, stabilised with RAST, benefits the pilot in both thermalling and on cross-country flights:
- no loss of performance by setting up the trailing edge in rough thermals
- the response to brake input is precise and shows no delay
- total control and manoeuvrability in thermal updrafts
- markedly increasing control pressure before the stall point
- directional stability and efficiency of a level previously seen only in gliders with a higher classification and many cells or additional reinforcement
- above-average stability at maximum speed
Design and technical highlights of the ARCUS RS
- RAST with additional valve flaps for a uniquely soft yet stable feeling while flying in turbulence, outstanding launch features and unequalled stability if there are canopy problems
- triple 3D-shaping on top surface and 3D-shaping on bottom surface allow perfect control over tension and the profile
- mini-ribs on the trailing edge with internal seams and additional 3D-shaping
- high-quality lightweight construction with carefully selected combination of materials and elaborate design of internal ribs and cross-ports
- highest quality standards in manufacturing: the stitched-in V-ribs, for example, retain the shape of the valuable wing and ensure maximum service life
- optimised canopy tension
- latest calculation and simulation methods
- reefing brake at the trailing edge for agile handling with excellent turning properties
Maintenance and Service Book DE
Swing Arcus RS paraglider reviews
"Flying different gliders every day in the B,C, D category, I was happy test flying the Arcus RS. The overall handling, and the ability to steer the glider with very good precision into the core is really nice."
- Ziad Bassil (read full review)
"SWING ARCUS RS - Currently at Swing everything revolves around the RAST partition system. The Arcus RS is the second series glider using this technology. This has made our in-depth individual test even more exciting…"
- Thermik-Magazine (download full review PDF 31 MB)
|EN Certification||EN B|
|LTF Certification||LTF B|