Flytec 5020 (PAST MODEL)
The Flytec 5020 is a high specification flight instrument with altimeter, variometer, integrated 16 channel GPS receiver and a built-in internal antenna.
It has a high resolution, high contrast, graphic LCD display with aerodynamically-shaped ABS case with rounded edges and ergonomic two color keypad with easy menu structure.
Two event driven soft keys allow access to important functions performed without navigating through different menus.
Audio functions are adjustable over a wide range and can be set to automatically increase with speed.
- High precision pressure sensor for a very sensitive variometer
Flight Recorder / Timer
- Automatic start and stop of data logging.
- Variable record interval (1-30 sec) for up to 120 hours of FAI/IGC data logging.
- A recorded flight conforms completely to IGC-rules (including the digital signature).
Airspeed Features / Stall Alarm*
- Calculated airspeed (no external sensor required).
- Input for optional external vane type airspeed sensor for more accurate airspeed.
PC Connectivity & Software
- Compatible with FlyChart which allows easy set-up of functions as well as download/upload of waypoints, routes and flight tracks.
- Compatible with flight evaluation programs (SeeYou - CompeGPS - Maxpunkte - Trackview - GPSVar - IQ-Online) for posting flights to OLC.
- All user settings can be set using the keypad or FlyChart.
Battery & Power
- Powered by 2 separated battery banks (2 AA Alkaline or NiMH in each bank) providing 2 x 20 hours of use.
- Automatic battery switch over always allows a complete use of the battery capacity - eliminates half empty batteries!
- Contiguous display of battery status (bank 1&2).
- Up to 200 waypoints can be defined.
- Up to 20 routes, each with 30 waypoints can be stored.
- Automatic pilot notification when a competition cylinder is passed (entry or exit).
- Automatic indication of wind direction and velocity.
- Scan rate increasing automatically near FAI-sector/turn point with acoustic and visual notification.
- Each track log point records: time, GPS position, GPS altitude, pressure altitude, true airspeed.
- The integrated final glide computer allows a guided flight to all memorized waypoints, showing the expected height over target and height above best glide.
- Indication of direction and distance to the last best lift.
Screen & Display
- High resolution, high contrast, graphic LCD display (160 x 240 pixels) with automatic or manual contrast adjustment.
- The display offers different analog and digital information that the pilot can adjust to his/her own preferences.
User Selectable Fields
The Flytec 5020 has twelve user selectable fields. Here are some of the options available for each of these:
- Wind speed
- Time of day
- Flight time
- Speed over ground
- Calculated airspeed
- Wind component on course line
- Altitude over destination
- Altitude over best glide to goal
- Distance to destination
- Distance to goal
- Distance to best climb in vicinity
- Ambient temperature (F or C)
- Altimeter 2 (relative)
- Altimeter 3 (accumulated altitude)
- Barometric pressure (HPa/in Hg)
- Glide ratio through air
- Glide ratio over ground
- Glide ratio to waypoint
The Flytec 5020 has a simulation mode, where all features can be tested and simulated.
Weight & Dimensions
- Dimension: 6.5" x 2.8" x 1.4"
- Weight: 10 oz. (with batteries, without bracket)
The 5020 comes with the following items included...
- PC interface cable
- FlyChart Professional
- Protective carry bag
Optional Accessories / Extras
Optional PG/HG airspeed sensors and HG Bracket is available.
1 year warranty
* Air Speed Indicator (ASI) / Stall Alarm features require ASI.
|Model Status||Past model|