|Flat area (m2)||20.1||21.6||23.6||25.5||27.6|
|Flat span (m)||11.07||11.48||12.00||12.47||12.95|
|Flat aspect ratio||6.1||6.1||6.1||6.1||6.1|
|Projected area (m2)||17.11||18.39||20.09||21.71||23.41|
|Projected span (m)||8.85||9.18||9.59||9.97||10.35|
|Projected aspect ratio||4.58||4.58||4.58||4.58||4.58|
|Number of cells||59||59||59||59||59|
|Glider weight (kg)||3.4*||3.6*||3.9*||4.1*||4.3*|
|Certified weight range (kg)||55-75||65-85||75-95||85-105||95-115|
|Extended weight range (kg)||-||-||75-100||85-110||95-120|
|Certification||EN B||EN B||EN B||EN B||EN B|
* Quoted weight with standard webbing-style risers (recommended). Optional light Dyneema risers available, see Options.
Blue, Orange, Custom
- Optional light Dyneema risers (approx. 200g, weight saving compared to standard risers approx. 200g)*** (made-to-order only, and only sold as an optional extra 'add-on' i.e. you cannot order the glider with the Dyneema risers already fitted; you would have to fit them yourself, as per the assembly instructions)
*** Flybubble note: If in any doubt we recommend going for the standard webbing-style risers, rather than the optional Dyneema ones, as they are much easier to handle, less prone to wear and more dimensionally stable. The Dyneema risers are also not at all quick or easy to fit, and only save a tiny bit of weight.
Included with your glider
Gin rucksack, inner bag, compression strap, ripstop tape, stickers.
Comfortable yet responsive
The handling of the Explorer has an alluring balance of smoothness and lightness. The wing is supremely well co-ordinated. It’s damped and forgiving in pitch, yet the precision in the turn makes it a first class climber in thermals. Take-off and landing couldn’t be simpler and the wing has an uncanny ability to seek out the best thermal cores.
The Explorer is also made for comfortable high-speed gliding during cross country flying. Direct C-riser control works very well and the lack of unnecessary C handles keeps everything simple and lightweight.
Naturally, the Explorer is light, at under 4kg for the M size. In fact, it’s one of the lightest wings in its category, as a result of optimisation of the internal structure and the careful selection of canopy and line materials. The wide range of sizes and extended weight range offers flexibility in sizing choice according to your preferred wing loading.
Extended weight range
Even when highly loaded, the Explorer shows good performance and excellent recovery characteristics. For this reason, we decided to certify the wing with a +5kg extended weight range for more experienced pilots who may sometimes want to fly with a higher wing loading. For general flying, the Explorer is best flown within the normal weight range according to your preference.
Certified with Cocoon
The Explorer has been through additional testing and certification with the Genie Lite 2 cocoon harness. You can fly with peace of mind!
- Optimized airfoil with Equalized Pressure Technology (EPT) for stability and performance
- Unsheathed aramid lines with optimized diameters
- 3 risers / 3 lines spanwise
- Colour-coded Stabilo line for easy identification
- The optimized internal construction and line attachment points to maintain even sail tension
- Mini-ribs on the trailing edge improve handling and performance
- Speed system with Harken pulleys
- Gathering (reefing) system on the trailing edge
- Upper surface leading edge: Porcher Skytex 32 g/m²
- Upper surface: Porcher Skytex 27 g/m²
- Lower surface: Porcher Skytex 27 g/m²
- Upper: Edelrid 8000-U 050, 070, 090, 130
- Middle: Edelrid 8000-U 070, 090, 130, 190
- Main: Edelrid 8000-U 190, 230, 280, 360
Gin Explorer paraglider reviews
"The Gin Explorer is certainly not dull! For me it has fun factor... being lighter gives a real benefit to the launch characteristics and the handling in flight; the weight and the smaller volume is such a bonus for packing and carrying! I felt confident on it, it was giving me good feedback and wasn't too hot to handle. It's a nice positive wing that feels sorted, everything feels nicely put together and well finished. The glider feels solid, agile and communicates well... " "... the Explorer is at the top of the XC class in terms of pilot demands. ... for those with experience, it is a positive, balanced and confidence inspiring lightweight beauty." - Nancy Elliott, Flybubble full review
"Take off is super easy... " "The Carrera plus overall performance is slightly higher but with more pilot workout. The Explorer felt much easier, safer, and more comfortable. Flying the Explorer at full speed is very usable." "... the margin at full speed is fully usable even in turbulence, with the ability to steer the glider efficiently while on bar, with the C risers in moderate turbulence. Big ears are very efficient, stable." " ... the Explorer is a super easy and fun glider to fly! The glide performance is really nice for an easy 6.1 aspect ratio B glider." "... the Explorer is a successful, light, easy to fly, XC glider, and I liked it’s nice handling, good climb, and glide." - Ziad Bassil
“The Explorer is a wing that left me with a grin on my face … I can see it appealing to more experienced pilots who still want dynamic, sharp handling in a safer wing.” - Marcus King (all smiles)
|EN Certification||EN B|
|LTF Certification||LTF B|
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|
|Model Status||Current model|