Supair STRIKE 2
Availability 28/03/2021: The STRIKE 2 is now available to order. First deliveries expected in April for sizes M and L, May for sizes S and XL. The removable inflatable protection (option) is also now available to order, expected to arrive in May.
|Pilot size (cm)||155-170||170-185||180-195||*|
|Pilot weight (min-max kg)||50-80||65-85||70-100||*|
|Harness weight (standard mode) (g)||*||2025||*||*|
|A||Back length (cm)||58||58||65||*|
|B||Back inclination adjustment (cm)||28||28||35||*|
|C||Seat length (cm)||40||40||45||*|
|D||Seat width (cm)||33||33||33||*|
|E||Carabiners height (cm)||43||43||43||*|
|F||Carabiners distance (cm)||38-47||38-47||38-47||*|
|G||Speedbag length (cm)||93||100||107||*|
|Certification||EN 1651:1999||EN 1651:1999||EN 1651:1999||EN 1651:1999|
|Reserve container max volume (L)||4.5||4.5||*||*|
* Data to be confirmed.
- Grivel Plume karabiners
- Mini carbon fibre seat plate
- Carbon fibre foot-plate for Speedbag S-M and L-XL
- Protection / comfort plate
- STRIKE 2 Foam BUMP
- Speed bar 2B LIGHT SPEEDBAG
- Repair kit
- User manual
- STRIKE 2 Inflatable BUMP
- Supair CONNECT Soft Links
STRIKE 2: competition hike & fly
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Weight: 2025 g in size M (standard mode)
- Colour: black (see images)
- Precision: intuitive and precise steering
- Safety: two locking points. Mini seat plate. Certified EN 1651
Compared to the original STRIKE, it is more ergonomic, more comfortable and more flexible thanks in particular to an inflatable protection (option). It is designed for competition and leisure hike and fly pilots. It can also be the main harness for cross country pilots looking for lightness.
Ease of installation and safety with the closing of the harness on the two attachment points of the glider. The harness opens completely and closing is done directly on the carabiners without any other buckle and on only two points.
The new geometry allows better transmission from the wing to the pilot, thin and sensitive, adjustable by the chest strap.
The comfort is complete with a removable protection / comfort plate, and a geometry of the speedbag attachments that allows a natural and effortless position of the legs.
As an option, a new certified inflatable protection saves weight (65g) and especially the volume carried in the bag. Ideal for competitive hike and fly.
For landings in mountains or in turbulence, the harness can be piloted seated, legs bent, it remains manoeuvrable and comfortable.
On take-off, the run is easy (light harness with leg straps), the seated passage and the installation in the speedbag are obvious.
In flight, the adjustments and geometry of the harness allow adaptations to the morphology and flight positions of each pilot.
The STRIKE 2 has been designed to be flown with Dyneema connectors as well. This lightens the material and makes the leg straps fixed as for the X-Alps harness. You will then have to put on the harness like a climbing harness. This is the “competition” mode.
The size of the STRIKE 2 has been revised, with the addition of size XL, certified up to 120 kg. This allows pilots from 1m60 to 2m to be covered with precision and a good fit.
Configuration according to your preferences
The STRIKE 2 offers 'modes'. The weights quoted are for size M, fully equipped, ready to fly.
Competition mode: 1820 g
In this mode, the wing is attached with the connects (option), the harness is put on through the two leg straps. The back protector is the inflatable BUMP (Option). The pilot does not use the removable protection / comfort plate or the mini-seat plate.
Light mode: 1986 g
In this mode the harness opens and closes completely on the Grivel Plume karabiners. The back protector is the inflatable BUMP (Option). The pilot does not use the removable protection / comfort plate or the mini-seat plate.
Standard mode: 2025 g
In this mode the harness opens and closes completely on the Grivel Plume karabiners. The back protection is the original foam version. The pilot does not use removable protection / comfort plate, but does use the mini-seat plate.
Great comfort mode: 2200 g
In this mode the harness opens and closes completely on the Grivel Plume karabiners. The back protector is the original foam version. The pilot installs the the removable protection / comfort plate for added comfort, and also uses the mini-seat plate.
- A – reserve parachute container
- B – rear storage pocket
- C – BUMP protection
Compared to the original STRIKE
- Completely new design, designed using 3D shaping.
- More ergonomic, more comfortable and more flexible.
- New closure system, without buckles, directly in the carabiners. No need to put on the right leg as on the original STRIKE, while keeping the safety of the natural two-point closure. Only one point closed: the harness is secure.
- New more sensitive geometry. The harness transmits better (a little more unstable) and the steering is more precise.
- The riser sheath of the parachute bag is fully integrated: the risers are in the sheath all the way into the bag.
- New geometry of the speedbag settings. The legs are supported in flight.
- New geometry of the harness allowing a more reclined flight position, with the centre of gravity further back .
- The harness is more resistant: certified up to 120 kg instead of 100 kg. Reinforcements on the reserve parachute riser attachments.
- Sizes revised with addition of size XL. This allows pilots from 1m60 to 2m to be covered with precision and a good fit.
The STRIKE 2 is a very light harness. It has been reinforced compared to the original STRIKE, however all uses outside the flight domain are liable to wear out the harness prematurely. SIVs are not recommended with this harness.
The STRIKE 2 is a harness intended for experienced pilots, and we do not recommend it as a first cocoon harness (aka: pod harness).
- Hike & Fly competition, XC
- Upright to semi-reclined posture
- For skilled and advanced pilots
- STRIKE 2 Foam BUMP (included)
- Front mounted rescue container and reserve parachute bridle connections to the shoulders
- Auto-stable split-leg seat
- Two -point closure of the harness on the karabiners
- Grivel Plume karabiners (included)
- STRIKE 2 Inflatable BUMP (optional extra)
Gear / comfort
- Removable carbon fiber mini-seat plate
- Integrated speedbag
- Double stage light speed-bar/accelerator adapted to the Speedbag
- Speedbag footrests with carbon plate
- Instrument support on the top of the reserve parachute container
- Hydration system ready
- 20 mm diameter Zelden pulleys
- Rear storage pocket (size M, 30 L)
- Storage/ballast pocket under the front of the seat (size M, 10.5 L)
- Pocket under the cockpit
- Speedbag lateral pocket
- BUMP protector pocket (size M, 16.2 L)
- Shoulder straps adjustments
- Chest strap adjustments
- Backrest adjustments with additional lumbar support
- Speedbag length adjustments
- Speedbag inclination adjustments
- Nylon 210D Ripstop
- Nylon 40d
- Dyneema straps
- LTF standard
- EN standard
Supair product registration
Register your Supair product here.
Want to try?
- To follow.
|Model Status||Current model|
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|