Gin Yeti Tandem 3
Select all options to view stock availability
When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page
Model Status: Current model
EN Certification: EN A, EN B
LTF Certification: LTF A, LTF B
|Flat area (m2)||37||40.95|
|Flat span (m)||14.07||14.80|
|Flat aspect ratio||5.35||5.35|
|Projected area (m2)||31.26||34.60|
|Projected span (m)||11.08||11.66|
|Projected aspect ratio||3.97||3.93|
|Number of cells||49||49|
|Glider weight (kg)||4.8 *||5.4 *|
|Weight range (kg)||90-190||120-208|
|Certification||EN A||EN B|
* Quoted weight with light Dyneema risers*, delivered as standard for size 37. Add 180g for light 12mm Kevlar light webbing risers*, delivered as standard for size 41.
Colours: Blue, Orange
Both sizes are delivered with an inner bag, compression strap, stickers and repair kit.
- Size 37 is delivered as standard with ultralight 4mm Dyneema cord risers* and tandem spreaders
- Size 41 is delivered as standard with light 12mm Kevlar light webbing risers* and soft tandem spreaders
- 12mm Kevlar light webbing risers* (standard for size 41)
- 20mm Guth & Wolf polyester standard webbing risers*
If you wish to order one of these optional extras then please email us - see our contact page for our current email address.
* Flybubble ordering advice: Unless saving every gram is your absolute top priority we recommend not going for the ultralight 4mm Dyneema cord risers and tandem spreaders, delivered with size 37 as standard, as they are not so user friendly. We generally recommend going for the optional 20mm standard webbing risers as these the most user friendly.
Yeti Tandem 3: light, and much more
The Yeti tandem is an ultralight tandem glider, suitable not just for hike ‘n fly adventures, but also for fun flights with family and friends and even commercial flights where a lighter wing is preferred. Now in 2 sizes, you are sure to find the right size for your weight and use case.
- Smooth inflation in all wind conditions
- Excellent performance over the entire speed range
- Super stable even with trim open (EN A rated)
- Well-damped pitch control in strong conditions
- Good climbing ability
- Great passive safety compared to the level of performance
The size 37 is ideal for pilots who fly with their families, with a minimum total weight of 90kg even small children can be accomodated. Naturally, the smaller size will suit hike ‘n fly pilots too.
For pros who demand light
The size 41 is particularly suited for commercial pilots who wish to use a lightweight wing and for heavier pilots and passengers.
Gin Seok Song, shares the design story of the Yeti Tandem 3:
“Besides hike ‘n fly and commercial tandems, a lot of general pilots simply like to fly tandem for fun, often with family and friends. We wanted to make a very easy wing for these pilots that would be fun to fly and convenient to transport.
Our aim was to make the flying experience as close as possible to that of flying a solo wing. The improved 2nd generation EPT (Equalised Pressure Technology) profile makes take-off easier than ever before. Inflation is effortless and the wing stops above your head without shooting. Getting airbourne is super fast, no need to run a lot. Forward or reverse launches are equally stress-free, just give a gentle pull and off you go.
In the air, the wing has a compact feel with soft yet precise handling – you will want to fly for hours and the excellent glide performance means you can really cover some distance.
Longer flights are also much less tiring due to the shorter risers*, which mean the pilot’s arms are closer to the brake handles.
Many pilots want to fly with their kids these days so we made sure that the Yeti Tandem 3 flies really well also at lower weights in the weight range. The long 10cm trim also allows a great deal of flexibility to fly comfortably at different wing loadings and in a variety of flying conditions.
Using technology trickled down from our other recent wings, we also improved the passive security and this is reflected in the EN A certification.
The glider even feels like a solo wing when you transport it. Using lightweight construction techniques and production methods, we were able to achieve a glider weight of just 4.8kg, almost a kilo lighter than its predecessor and more compact than many standard solo wings.”
- Gin Seok Song
- 2nd generation Equalised Pressure Technology (EPT) for greater stability and improved handling
- Lightweight Dyneema riser* and Dyneema spreaders
- Optional standard weight 20mm webbing riser*
- Lightweight, high-quality materials
- Supplied with the Lite 90L rucksack or any other rucksack from the GIN range
- Upper surface leading edge: Porcher Skytex 32g/m²
- Upper surface: Porcher Skytex 27g/m²
- Lower surface: Porcher Skytex 27g/m²
- Bainbridge 4mm dyneema* (optional extras: 12mm Aramid webbing or Guth & Wolf 20mm polyester webbing)*
- Upper: Edelrid 8000/U-090 | 070 (Aramid)
- Middle: Edelrid 8000/U-360 | 230 | 190 (Aramid)
- Main: Edelrid 8000/U-230 | 190 | 130 | 090 (Aramid)
While single-surface tandems with their ultra-compact packing and light weight are a great choice for para-alpinism, the Yeti Tandem 3 is light enough for hike-and-fly trips and has plenty of performance for when you want to go XC.
The high level of passive safety and low weight make it a good option for tandem vol-biv. It may lack the top-end performance of some full-weight tandems but it is an easy-to-use package that will absorb the bumps and allow you to land out comfortably.
The larger size allows for commercial pilots who fly with larger passengers, and with its wide weight range the smaller version is perfect for leisure pilots looking to fly with kids and friends."
- Marcus King, Cross Country Magazine (full review)
EN test reports
|EN Certification||EN A, EN B|
|LTF Certification||LTF A, LTF B|
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|
|Model Status||Current model|