Ozone Roadster 2 (PAST MODEL)
The Roadster 2 replaces the Roadster, our very first dedicated paramotor wing. Since then we have gained a lot of experience developing a full range of paramotor specific models covering the different disciplines, learning at every step. We have also expanded our development team to include some of the world’s finest paramotor pilots. All of this knowledge and experience has been put into completely redesigning the Roadster concept to produce a modern wing that features an advanced Shark Nose reflex profile and our latest design technologies.
The Roadster 2 is a fully reflexed paramotor glider. First and foremost it is a fun, safe wing that is forgiving to fly. It is a dependable platform that is ideal for everyday flying and a broad range of pilots, from experienced to beginners. With lower airtime pilots in mind, special attention has been made to the launching characteristics and general ease of use, however due to the high levels of efficiency, high top speed and Ozone’s trademark handling, it is also ideal for intermediate, even experienced pilots who enjoy low level buzzing and long XC adventures. The Roadster 2 is for any pilot who wants to progress safely and push their boundaries with the reassurance of an EN B certified wing.
The Roadster 2 features a Shark Nose Ozone Reflex Profile (OZRP) tuned specifically for powered flight. The Shark nose profile maintains a constant level of lift and internal pressure over a wide range of angles of attack. This profile increases levels of stability in accelerated flight, meaning that it is very collapse resistant - even in turbulent air – and increases levels of forgiveness due to its acceptance of deep brake inputs before the stall point. The wing includes a host of other technical details such as mini ribs for efficiency; a refined sail tension to absorb turbulence and filter the feedback for a more comfortable ride; efficient and light plastic nose reinforcements and a line plan optimised to balance low drag efficiency and long term durability.
The risers feature long range trimmers and a long range accelerator system for high cruise speeds and a high top speed. The accelerator and trimmers integrate seamlessly - using the speed system has exactly the same effect as releasing the trimmers. Unlike some other paramotor wings, it is possible and safe to fly with the trimmers in the fully slow (neutral) position whilst using the full range of the accelerator system. This is an important safety feature - if there is a departure from accelerated flight, the recovery characteristics will be better with the trims in the slow, certified position. The risers also feature a tip steering system (TST) for accurate, agile handling during accelerated flight and adjustable brake handle attachment points to suite different motor and trike units.
Due to its exceptional inflation behaviour it is very easy to launch. The Roadster 2 excels in nil wind conditions; the inflation is smooth and constant all the way to the zenith, whilst in stronger winds it is very progressive without the tendency to hang back or over-shoot. With the trimmers set to the slow position the take off speed is relatively low so it can launch and land within a short space. Handling has been tuned to be intuitive, predictable and forgiving but at the same time very precise and responsive.
Although designed for pilots who fly mainly (if not exclusively) under power, the Roadster 2 also performs excellently un-powered in free flight. The sink rate is low enough to soar in light lift, thermal in all conditions and the glide performance is good enough to fly cross country.
The development of the Roadster 2 has been a long slow process as it is not easy to make a wing that ticks all the boxes. It required several prototypes and lots of testing by the dedicated development team, but the hard work has been rewarded with a wing that does it all. It combines many features to dream of:
- Easy nil wind inflation
- Short take off distance
- Ease of use
- Low drag, high efficiency
- High cruise speed
- Very high top speed
- Stability in turbulent air
- Fun precise yet forgiving handling
- TST (tip steering system)
- Adjustable brake handle heights
- Suitable for most power units
- Shark Nose technology
- EN B certification*
Whether you are a beginner learning the sport, a weekend pilot progressing to bigger and better things or an experienced pilot who enjoys long XC flights, if you are looking for maximum safety without compromising performance, the Roadster 2 could be the ideal wing for you. It is a wing you will feel comfortable with, immediately.
We are very happy with the final result, and hope that you find the Roadster 2 to be as special as we do.
*EN B certified at trim speed only
|Flat Area (m)||20||22||24||26||28||30|
|Projected Span (m2)||7.93||8.32||8.69||9.04||9.39||9.71|
|Flat Span (m)||10.1||10.59||11.06||11.52||11.95||12.37|
|Projected Aspect Ratio||3.7||3.7||3.7||3.7||3.7||3.7|
|Flat Aspect Ratio||5.1||5.1||5.1||5.1||5.1||5.1|
|PG (EN) Weight Range||50-70||55-80||65-85||80-100||95-120||110-140|
|PPG (DGAC) Weight Range||55-100||55-105||65-120||80-140||95-160||110-190|
|Load test (8G) up to||150kg||150kg||150kg||150kg||150kg||150kg|
|Load test (5.25G) up to||229kg||229kg||229kg||229kg||229kg||229kg|
- Top Surface Cloth: Dominico 30D MF
- Bottom Surface Cloth: Dominico 30D MF
- Rib cloth: Dominico 30D FM
- Upper lines: Liros DSL70
- Mid lines: Liros DSL70/140
- Lower Lines: Edelrid 7343-230/190
Standard Colours: Light Green-White-Light Blue (H/W/K/L); Red-White-Orange (R/W/K/O); Anthracite-White-Purple (A/W/K/P); Red-Yellow-Red-Orange (R/Y/R/O)
Custom Colours: Choose your custom colours here and then email us the Ozone Reference with your order.
UV Resistance & Cloth Colour
All of the cloth that we use undergoes extensive testing in prototype colour phase to ensure colourfastness, mechanical stability, porosity, and general longevity before we put it into production. Once our cloth is in production, every meter of it is rigorously inspected upon arrival in our factory, and cloth which does not pass our stringent quality control standards is returned to the manufacturer. We are frequently asked, "Which colours last the longest, or have the best UV resistance?". All of the colours that we stock score between 4 and 5 on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the highest possible rating for longevity.
The Roadster 2 is the perfect partner for new pilots looking for their first PPG wing, or for low airtime PPG pilots. Our goals were simple yet challenging, focusing on the following categories: Inflation, Speed, Stability, Comfort, Forgiveness.
- The aspect ratio remains a very reasonable 5.1. This AR is a great compromise to keep a compact span for better take off characteristics and ease of use and safety in general.
- We have added 3 cells in order to improve sail cohesion, precision through the brakes, and inflation characteristics.
- The hybrid reflex OZRP profile from the original Roadster has been replaced with a new dedicated shark nose profile, which yields better inflation, greater spin resistance, better behaviour in slow speeds, better handling, and more stability at high speeds.
- The construction has been optimised in order to reduce the weight of the sail. This leads to a quicker inflation and makes take-off easier.
- The overall line length has been reduced: this helps to reduce roll and makes the inflation quicker and easier.
- The sail has been designed with our new CAD software. It is cleaner and the forces are spread more homogeneously along the span, which makes the sail more compact and the wing more efficient.
- The total line drag has been reduced by 16%, which also translate to more efficiency and a quicker take-off. This line drag reduction has been accomplished even with the use of durable and robust sheathed lines from the original Roadster.
- We added more straps, in order to improve the cohesion of the sail at accelerated speeds.
- The LE has been constructed with the use of plastic reinforcements, in order to reduce weight but also to ensure a better longevity of the inflation characteristics, as well as the cleanliness of the LE at accelerated speed.
Your Ozone wing is delivered standard with the following accessories: Easy Bag, Inner Bag, Glider Strap, Speed Bar, Ozone Stickers, Repair Cloth, Ozone Keyring, Line Length Chart.
Ozone offers a range of backpack choices when you order your wing. To change the type of backpack that will come with your wing, please speak with your Ozone Dealer.
|EN Certification||EN B|
|Model Status||Past model|