Advance Alpha 4 (PAST MODEL)
Model Status: Past model
EN Certification: EN B
LTF Certification: LTF 1
Alpha 4 - Simply flying
The ALPHA 4 offers beginners and occasional pilots the confidence to lift off into the third dimension right from the start.
You can completely rely on this paraglider at all times; a sense of achievement is guaranteed from your very first flight. No wonder that the ALPHA 4’s motto is “sit back and enjoy the flight”!
Whatever you get up to with the ALPHA 4, you’ll find it very forgiving. With its damped profile – the real secret – and its ‘compact’ design, the ALPHA 4 always finds its way back to a neutral attitude and only shows a marked increase in control pressure in response to greatly exaggerated steering inputs.
The Alpha 4 has many outstanding characteristics, some of which are highlighted below...
Consistent launch behaviour
The round cell openings – a hallmark of an ADVANCE glider – and the mylar-reinforced cell ribs ensure that the canopy fills quickly and evenly. Even in demanding conditions, the ALPHA 4 rises in a consistent manner with minimal tendency to shoot forward, guaranteeing an efficient and easy launch.
Maximum flying life thanks to the Smart Sail System
Beginners demand a lot from their paragliders. With this in mind, tougher materials have been used consistently throughout the ALPHA 4. With our Smart Sail System in the leading edge, the layout of the specially impregnated ripstop material has been carefully calculated to match the diagonal tractive forces.
Other Important Details
Advance have concentrated on every detail with the Alpha 4...
Efficient Big Ears System with Quick-Snap A risers
- The ALPHA 4 features separated A-risers.
- Our innovative Quick-Snap system means they are automatically snapped together before launch, and detach when under load to assume the correct position for a precise wing profile.
- Not only do they assist in ground handling, the split A-risers make for easy Big Ears.
ADVANCE Innovations & Quality
Advance pays great attention, even to small details:
- Sewn-in compression and mylar straps increase the canopy stability.
- The winglets decrease the induced drag (vortex effect).
- hook and loop fastener closures on the wing tips make it easier to remove sand, snow and debris from the glider.
- Swivels on the steering lines and brake handles with magnetic clips are incorporated.
- Brake handle size depends on the canopy model.
The many small but important details like these add the finishing touch to the product.
Sizes & Weight Ranges
Take off weight *
|Alpha 4 23||55 - 75 Kg|
|Alpha 4 25
||65 - 88 Kg|
|Alpha 4 28
||78 - 106 Kg|
|Alpha 4 31||96 - 130 Kg|
* Pilot, wing, equipment.
The Advance Alpha 4 is certified LTF (DHV) 1 and EN 'B' in all 4 sizes in un-accelerated and accelerated flight.
See DHV and EN test reports for the Advance Alpha 4
The Advance Alpha 4 is certified DULV in sizes 25, 28 and 31 for powered / motorized flight (powered paragliding / PPG / paramotor).
- Orange (Red-White-Orange)
- Petrol (Orange-White-Dark Blue)
- Red (Gold-White-Red)
- Steel (Gold-Dark Blue-Light Blue)
- Turkis (Dark Blue-White-Turquoise)
See the Preceding Models section on Advance's website.
|EN Certification||EN B|
|LTF Certification||LTF 1|
|Model Status||Past model|