Advance LIGHTNESS 2 (PAST MODEL)
Select all options to view stock availability
Model Status: Past model
Superseded by the Advance LIGHTNESS 3
Well-proven – further refined. The LIGHTNESS concept created a new category of harness, and now this second generation takes the best of the original and adds to its safety, comfort and style. With a weight from 2.8 kg the LIGHTNESS 2 is a light harness, but, in its current form, it completely satisfies the needs of the ambitious cross country pilot. It has an integrated reserve, certified protector and improved aerodynamics.
|Pilot height (cm)||155-172||165-183||178-200|
|Seating width (cm)*||-||-||-|
|Carabiner height (cm)*||-||-||-|
|Chest strap width (cm)||40-48||40-48||40-48|
|Harness weight (kg)||2.8||2.95||3.05|
|Load test||EN 1651, 120 kg||EN 1651, 120 kg||EN 1651, 120 kg|
|Certification foam protector||LTF 91/09||LTF 91/09||LTF 91/09|
|Rucksack volume (l)||82||82||90|
|Weight rucksack (kg)||0.84||0.84||0.88|
|Weight Compressbag light (g)||150||150||155|
*The hammock principle means that the harness adapts itself exactly to the pilot’s body shape. The seat surface width becomes that of the pilot, and this dimension sets the height of the carabiner suspension points.
Important: Pilots in the following intermediate height ranges (165 to 172 cms - S or M harness, and 178 to 183 cms - M or L harness) are recommended to test both relevant speedbag sizes for the best fit. The correct speedbag length is fundamental to comfort and a flawless shape.
The LIGHTNESS 2 delivery includes:
- Harness and speedbag with carbon footboard
- 2 Alias carabiners
- Reserve connection lines and release handle connected to the four flap inner container
- Built-in cockpit (with loop hook and loop fastener strip, plus removable cockpit panel with hook hook and loop fastener strip)
- Foam protector for the seat area
- Comfort foam for the back
- Speed system (2 gray speed lines with Brummel hooks, 2 gray connections for length adjustment, 1 gray speed loop with gray footboard connection loop)
- COMPRESSBAG light
- LIGHTPACK 2
- ‘Getting started’ booklet
- detachable instrument panel
- detachable mini chest strap
Standard colours: Black-Anthracite-Vivid Blue
Custom colours: Extra cost. Delivery time approximately 10-12 weeks. Colours usually chosen from current Advance harness colours. Contact us to place your order and confirm your desired colours.
LIGHTNESS 2 - Original reloaded
Three products, one concept. With its LTF certified foam protector and built-in reserve system the LIGHTNESS 2 is a fully operational harness for XC and Hike&Fly pilots who like to travel in comfort with light equipment. In the package are the harness and its LIGHTPACK 2, including the COMPRESSBAG LIGHT.
LIGHTNESS 2 geometry has been further developed, and it now has an ergonomic seat shell which adapts itself to the small of the back. This provides perfect back support; and pressure points become a thing of the past. Feedback from our test pilots: «The most comfortable reclining harness in the history of ADVANCE!»
It was possible to save weight when developing the LIGHTNESS 2 thanks to refining the design and choosing the right materials, without compromising the well-known ADVANCE quality. The new COMPRESSBAG LIGHT allows the paraglider to be packed very small in the LIGHTPACK. Put together these make a up light but complete package.
- Ergonomic Seat Shell: Conforms to the spinal anatomy at the small of the back. Combined with the comfort foam this results in perfect support and maximum comfort.
- Perfect Aerodynamics: Thanks to the spoiler on the speedbag and self-inflating neck cushion behind the head.
- Compatible Speedbag Sizes: Each harness size can take all speedbag sizes.
- Back mesh extends to seat shell: For perfect ventilation and maximum comfort.
- Ronstan Pulleys: Ball bearing speed system pulleys for low friction and easy speed bar push
- Fixtures for Drink System: Channel for tube out of the back compartment
- Urinal-Tube (Relief Tube) Exit: For perfect guidance
- Failure-proof 10mm / 15mm harness system with “easy adjust” buckles
- Neoprene leg strap covers
- Reduced cross section for minimum drag
- Cockpit with detachable instrument panel
Rucksack | LIGHTPACK 2 features
- Comfortable Carrying System: with waist strap and adjustable chest strap
- Large side Pockets: also suitable for drink bottles
- Useful storage Bungee: ideal for walking poles and clothes
- Pockets in the Waist Strap: with zip for mobiles
- Ergonomically shaped back support and shoulder straps
- Wrist loops on the shoulder straps for relaxed hiking
- Various attachment points and pockets
- Drink tube holder on the shoulder straps
- Hiking pole holder
- ADVANCE Look: classy, clean and simple
- LIGHTPACK 2: The LIGHTPACK 2 rucksack was designed specifically for the LIGHTNESS 2 harness. Both sizes (82ltr and 90ltr) are arranged to carry a normal size paraglider, the LIGHTNESS 2 harness with helmet and the necessary clothing. The compactness and geometry of the system means that the rucksack can be carried equally comfortably by small and large pilots.
- COMPRESSBAG light: So that the paraglider takes up a minimum of space in the rucksack ADVANCE deliver the LIGHTNESS 2 with a compression bag. The COMPRESSBAG light replaces your paraglider’s usual inner bag and goes perfectly with the LIGHTNESS 2. Compactly stowed equipment is much more comfortable to carry.
- Alias Alu-Carabiners
- Carbon Footboard
- Detachable Instrument Panel
Handle with Care
The ADVANCE LIGHTNESS 2 components have been developed with an uncompromising eye on low weight, and are intended for specialist owners. This puts decidedly high demands on their use and care. A comprehensive understanding of the product and its qualities is essential. Due the choice of materials and their construction the rucksack and harness are definitely more susceptible than normal ADVANCE products to wear and tear resulting from improper use.
|Seat area||Seung Hee Cordura 210|
|Speedbag||Shei Chung Hsin Neopren 1.5 mm|
|Main straps||Techni Sangles Dyneema 10 mm 2320 daN|
|Safe-T-buckle System||Austia Alpin Austria Alpin Alu-Leichtschnalle|
|Outer covering||Seung Hee Nylon Ripstop 70D PU3|
What does the inflating neck section do?
It takes up the otherwise dead air space behind the neck, improving the efficiency of airflow around the pilot. This device does not interfere with the pilot on the ground (particularly when manoeuvring for a reverse launch) because it only inflates in the air – where it contributes to a low drag aerodynamic shape.
How robust is the LIGHTNESS 2?
Lighter material was chosen for the LIGHTNESS 2, and this provides the best robustness for its weight. But even considering its long life and resistance to abrasion and UV radiation it cannot match the abuse-forgiving behaviour of routine harness fabrics. Handle with care!
Why can this harness not be flown without the speedbag?
The LIGHTNESS-type harness does not have a seatboard, so leg support is necessary – a foot stirrup or speedbag. The speedbag is a part of this harness because it does not make sense to have a stirrup and a leg-bag. The speedbag combines these two functions and saves weight.
What makes the LIGHTNESS 2 the most comfortable ADVANCE reclining harness?
This is very much a result of the back geometry: the ergonomically designed seat shell adjusts itself to the anatomy of the lumbar area («small of the back»), and provides optimal support where it’s needed. The comfort foam also encourages this required shape, and helps to spread the loads over the whole back support area. A mix of different materials and their wall thicknesses results in an overall and coordinated cradling effect which conforms to the body like a second skin.
Why are there two sizes of LIGHTPACK 2?
Between them the two LIGHTPACK 2s (82L and 90L) can accommodate all ADVANCE solo gliders. Normally the S and M LIGHTNESS 2s are supplied with the 82L LIGHTPACK 2, and L harness comes with the 90L model.
How is the LIGHTNESS 2 different from the IMPRESS 3?
The LIGHTNESS 2 simplifies life – and is even more comfortable. Compared to the IMPRESS 3 it is easier to adjust, has a better reserve system, is lighter and packs up smaller. The correct LIGHTNESS 2 sitting position is clearly indicated and results in an aerodynamically efficient harness attitude.
Advance LIGHTNESS 2 reviews
"It is a class of it’s own by the purity of a high-end, very well engineered piece of equipment."
- Ziad Bassil, Dust of the Universe
"The LIGHTNESS 2 is amazingly light, and I say amazing because this harness has everything!"
- Daniel Crespo, Ojovolador.com
"The comfort is excellent, without any kind of pressure points."
- Philippe Lami, Parapente Mag 157 (F)
"Instant Love – I’ve never had a better harness!"
- Ueli Neuenschwander, paraworld.ch full review (German)
Download the Advance Lightness 2 Product Presentation (PDF, 941 KB)
LIGHTNESS 2 user manual (pdf)
The LIGHTNESS 2 has been tested and approved in accordance with the LTF and DIN EN-Norm 1651 requirements at 120 kg operating weight. The foam protector has LTF approval.
Download LIGHTNESS 2 certification document (PDF)
|Model Status||Past model|