Brauniger IQ Basic GPS (PAST MODEL)
Price as configured: £245.83
The IQ Basic GPS is the next generation of compact flight instruments with integrated GPS receiver. It is an affordable, high end, precision instrument offering Altimeter (Alti), Variometer (Vario) and Global Positioning System (GPS) functionality combined into one small, neat unit.
Exactly the same as the Flytec 6015 (except different colour and logos).
The IQ Basic GPS is perfectly suited for the requirements of paraglider and hang glider pilots, and is the ideal complement to the Brauniger IQ-ONE/ONE+ Alti-Vario series. The combination of high end GPS with an extremely wide digital Vario range of +/- 300 m/s means that the Vario as not only ideal for hang glider and paraglider pilots, but also has functions that are useful for parachuting and skydiving.
The IQ Basic GPS has features suitable for the whole spectrum of users; from new pilots on their first soaring flights up to ambitious cross country pilots wanting to maximise their performance. It is very user friendly and easy to operate, while all the same being equipped with sophisticated functions for performance oriented pilots.
The integrated flight recorder records flights in IGC file format for easy uploading to the OLC (On Line Contest) server, or presenting a flight in Google-Earth using FlyChart software. The extreme sensitive and accurate 20 channel GPS-receiver displays precisely the speed over ground, which is very useful for pilots. Under an optional Navigation mode there are additional features available, such as creating a flying route, handling waypoints, flight optimising by a polar-curve, etc…
|Pressure adjustment - QNH manual||YES|
|Vario with 5 readings/s||YES|
|easy instrument settings by menu||YES|
|Digital vario filter adjustable||YES|
|ASI ( Acoustic Scale Indication )||YES|
|acoustic by user adjustable||YES|
|Adjustable "Pre-Thermal vario" for precise circling in a thermal||YES|
|Audio for vario||YES|
|adjustable stallalarm ( only with pitot tube or vane sensor )||YES|
|Battery level monitoring, temperature compensated||YES|
|Intelligent Launch detection||YES|
|Intelligent Landing detection||YES|
|automatic flight analysis after landing||YES|
|numbers of flights recorded (peak data)||50|
|Flight memory hours at 60 or 20 sec. scan rate||291/97|
|metric or imperial units||YES|
|Display protection by 1,5 mm perplex scale||YES|
|robust ABS housing||YES|
|Automatic flight accepting||YES|
|Vario Tone Acoustic highly adjustable||YES|
|user customizable display||YES|
|graphical history of vario and height||YES|
|Hybrid-LCD , analogue and graphic screen||YES|
|USB1.1 data in/out to PC||YES|
|number of independant battery banks and total operation hours||1 / 40h|
|automatic poweralarm and switching off avoiding data loss||YES|
|rotating speed sensor connection||YES|
|speed sensor calibration ( pitot or vane sensor )||YES|
|Stall alarm dependant on altitude (with vane-or pitotsensor)||YES|
|20 channel GPS receiver||YES|
|3D flight logger IGC format||YES|
|No of waypoints||200|
|No of routes||1|
|compass rose for intuitive navigation||YES|
|wind direction with windspeed||YES|
|Sector of pilot position within the start-cylinder (competition route )||YES|
|advanced GOTO functions||YES|
|L/D required to the next goal||YES|
|L/D over ground ( average value 8 sec. )||YES|
|start cylinder input, with ENTER or EXIT function||YES|
See Brauniger IQ Basic - GPS Operation (opens in a new window)
- Elegant and ultra-flat design, metallic ABS-housing, slight volume, lateral soft-touch gripping surface and easily operable keys.
- New high-precision digital vario technology with variable response time and excellent filtering due to new smartfilter technics.
- Any information being relevant to a flight is present without shifting on the high-contrast display.
- Highly sensitive GPS-receiver of the newest generation with 20 channels and 1 sec. update rate, with compass rose, position indication and speed over ground.
- Waypoint memory for up to 40 waypoints
- 1 flying route with up to 20 waypoints
- GOTO funtion available
- All functions are adjustable via easy menu mode.
- Speedsensor access ( sensor in option PG oder HG Version ).
- Softwareupdates via Internet ( Flashmemory ).
- More than 40 operating hours. Alcaline or alternatively NiMh accus.
- Peak flight memory for min/max values, flight recorder for up to 50 flights under IGC format for OLC, max. 120 hours recording time according to the preset scan rate.
- Comfortable handling of up to 200 waypoints, 1 Competition-flying route with adjustable waypoint cylinders, a.s.o.
- Download of flights by Flychart or other IGC confirm analysis programs as Maxpunkte,SeeYou or CompeGPS.
Downloads for the Brauniger IQ Basic GPS from the Brauniger website, including manual, software and firmware:
Brauniger IQ Basic GPS Downloads (opens in a new window)
* All technical details are subject to change.
|Model Status||Past model|