Finsterwalder Brummel Hook Speed System Release (pair)
When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page
Model Status: Current model
Standard UK delivery - £3.95 / FREE on orders over £100.
Outside the UK - delivery calculated at checkout (based on the total order value and your delivery address).
We use Royal Mail, Parcelforce Worldwide and other courier companies (e.g. DHL, DPD) depending on shipment value, weight, destination etc.
For more information, please view our order and delivery FAQs page.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your order, you have 14 days from the day of delivery to request a refund.
Delivery costs will not be refunded and ou will be responsible for the delivery cost to return the order.
For more information, please read our returns policy.
The price is for a pair of Finsterwalder Brummel Hook Speed System Release.
- 1 pair speed system Brummel hooks made of Titanal, breaking load 190 daN
- 1 pair curved pins made of high-strength aluminum alloy, with spliced-in separation system cord
- 1 pair special O-rings made of elastic silicone rubber
- 1 pair replacement O-rings
- 1 pair speed system cords made of Dyneema, with spliced loop
- Installation instructions
Speed system separation link for Quickout / Paralock karabiners
The Brummel hook separation system is recommended when the harness and the paraglider are connected by means of Brummel hooks.
The existing Brummel hooks on the harness are replaced by the special speed system Brummel hooks. To be able to attach the speed system Brummel hooks, the speed system cords must each have a loop at the end.
Speed system cords made of Dyneema with spliced loop are included with the Brummel hook separation system. These can be used provided they can be attached to the installed speedbar.
Alternatively, the speed system cords already present on the harness can be used if it is possible to remove the Brummel hooks attached to them.
If the existing speed system cords are not yet equipped with loops, loops with a length of about 3 cm can be knotted in.
This release system is activated automatically when the Quickout karabiners are activated to release the paraglider.
Weight: 25 g/pair
Info speed pedal separation systems
A speed pedal separation system is required to allow a complete separation from the paraglider after an emergency parachute opening. The speed pedal separation system works automatically after opening the carabiner.
For the following reasons, even less experienced pilots are generally recommended to separate the paraglider after an emergency parachute deployment:
- Modern rescue systems are designed to drift sideways and thus generate dynamic lift. In the certification procedure, the sink rate is determined without the main glider. If the paraglider is not separated, it prevents the drift, leading to an increased sink rate.
- The possibility to choose the landing site with a steerable rescue system is a significant safety plus. If the main glider is not separated, the safety advantage to steer the rescue system is foregone.
- Interactions between the paraglider and the rescue system can cause the danger of increased swaying or a higher sink rate due to scissoring.
- It has shown that a separated paraglider usually collapses very quickly and that its salvage is easier. In the case of a tree landing, there is also a much lower risk of damage to the paraglider when it does not carry the full pilot weight.
Tip: If you use Quickout karabiners on a paraglider with a speed system (as almost all solo paragliders do) then you need a release system for the speed system otherwise when you activate the Quickouts the wing will remain attached to the speed system, which will still be attached to the harness i.e. it will not fully release.
|When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page