Flytec 6020 (PAST MODEL)
Price as configured: £400.00
The 6020 is the next evolution of the highly successful 5020, featuring more powerful and expandable hardware with the very sleek and attractive form factor of the 6030. It is a sophisticated flight instrument with integrated 16 channel GPS receiver with internal antenna, and features an enlarged 1/8 VGA high-res display that is 60% larger than the 5020 in a thin and sexy housing. It also has a larger, easier to use keypad that has 3 more keys, giving direst access to all key flight functions.
Add Flytec 6020 and Flytec / Brauniger Flarm to your basket for package price.
The Flytec 6020 features the latest generation CPU yielding faster changes between pages, map redraws, list scrolling and screen refreshes.
It can be connected to a PC via USB port for upload, download and firmware updates; no external USB to serial adapters required. It also has optional Bluetooth connection to a cell phone for real-time position tracking (future implementation). There is even an SD card slot for future expansion (future implementation).
The 6020 has an improved menu structure and terminology and can be set for several different languages.
Compatible with flight evaluation programs (SeeYou; CompeGPS; Maxpunkte; Trackview; GPSVar; IQ-Online) for posting flights to OLC (On Line Contest). It is also compatible with Flytec's FlyChart software which allows easy set-up of functions as well as download/upload of waypoints, routes and flight tracks. Recorded flights conform completely to IGC-rules (including the digital signature).
Functions & Features Overview
- Large, high contrast, graphic LCD display (2-3/8" x 3-1/8") resolution of 160 x 240 pixels.
- Ergonomic two tone keypad with easy menu structure.
- Analog and digital displays can be set to the pilot's preferences.
- 3 flight screens: Main vario/data, Glide and Map.
- Accurate battery status shown for both battery banks at start-up, during flight and on shut-down.
- Two event driven soft keys allow access to important functions performed without navigating through different menus.
- Audio functions are adjustable over a wide range and can be set to automatically increase with speed.
- Up to 200 waypoints can be defined.
- Up to 20 routes, each with 30 waypoints can be stored.
- Automatic pilot notification, when an FAI/competition cylinder is passed (enter or exit).
- Automatic indication to the last last thermal.
- Automatic or manual start and stop of data logging.
- Up to 291 hours of FAI/IGC data logging memory at 60 sec record interval, 9 hours at 2 sec and 48 hours at 10 sec (recommended).
- Automatically records a point upon entry/exit of FAI sector/turn point with acoustic and visual notification.
- Each track log point records: longitude, latitude, altitude (pressure + GPS based), true airspeed, ground speed.
Competition routes; if you have a competition route active at launch, the IGC file will contain the corresponding C-records.
- Calculated airspeed (no external sensor required).
- Input for optional external vane type airspeed sensor for more accurate airspeed.
- Optional Bluetooth connection to cell phone for real-time tracking (not yet implemented).
- SD memory card slot for future implementation.
- All ports have integral aerodynamic covers.
- Dimension: 6-3/4" x 3-3/8" x 1"
- Weight: 12 oz. (without attachment)
The main screen has 3 user-defined pages with 3 user-selectable data fields per page:
Each main page has 3 user-selectable data fields which can be chosen from the following options:
- Wind speed (direction shown on compass rose)
- Calculated airspeed (no airspeed sensor required)
- Wind component in flight direction
- Time of day
- Flight time
- Ambient temperature
- Ground speed
- Altitude above best glide line
- Altitude above best glide line around WP(s) to goal
- Altimeter 1
- Altimeter 2 (relative)
- Altimeter 3 (cumulative altitude)
- Flight level
- Barometric pressure (hPa/inHg)
- Digital variometer
- Distance to destination
- Distance to goal
- Distance to cylinder
- Distance to restricted area
- Distance to take-off (for OLC)
- Distance back to last thermal
- Cross-track error
- Glide ratio (through air, over ground, to waypoint)
- Glide ratio to goal (around remaining turnpoints)
- SMS send interval
The Flytec 6020's map screen can show airspace (if downloaded).
Final Glide Screen
The Flytec 6020's final glide screen:
Flights may be simulated and features can be tested.
Included with 6020:
- USB PC interface cable
- FlyChart Professional license
- Protective carry bag
- 4 AA alkaline batteries
- 2 year warranty
- PG and HG airspeed sensors
- Paragliding mounts
- Hang gliding brackets
- Perspex covers
|Model Status||Past model|