Flytec 6030 (PAST MODEL)
Price as configured: £675.00
With its precise pitot tube airspeed indicator and total energy compensation calculator, the 6030 is purpose-built instrument for the keen Hang Glider pilot. Only superseeded in its functionality by the Blade.
It has worldwide familiarity with tried and true performance, providing comprehensive navigation features and virtually unlimited flight recording with an SD card.
The battery supply is two banks of AA rechargeable batteries. The smart battery technology allows the 6030 to auto-switch to the secondary battery bank when the primary bank is exhausted and since the batteries are now user replaceable you can always substitute alkaline if you discover at launch that you forgot to charge the batteries.
The 6030 has an improved menu structure and terminology and can be set for several different languages. It has an optional Bluetooth connection to a cell phone for real-time tracking, and there is also an SD card slot for future expansion and a USB port for connection to a PC.
The pitot tube is easy to remove; the hole is then plugged with a rubber stopper (with a small opening to equalize pressure) to keep dirt from getting in the sensor.
For production reasons, actual colours may vary from those shown.
- Built-in pitot airspeed indicator with total energy compensation
- Signature highly responsive Flytec Vario with intelligent filtering
- Integrated high sensitivity, 20 channel GPS
- 200 waypoints and 20 Routes (unlimited with SD card)
- New: WGS84 distance calculation (as required by CIVL from 2018)
- Bluetooth data to 3rd party device
- Flarm (optional)
- Competition route with turnpoint archived notification
- Advanced real-time flight-path route optimization
- McCready speed-to-fly and final glide
- Automatic indication to the last best lift
- Wind speed and direction
- User customizable audio and flight functions
- User-friendly keypad and menu
- Moving map
- Simulation mode
- Automatic flight recording
- WP lists
- Simulation mode
- Restricted airspace warning and map
- FLARM anti-collision available
- Bluetooth link to external device available
- Sleek, compact and rugged housing
- Primary and back-up rechargeable batteries
- Superb RF shielding
- Robust, shockproof ABS housing, special red finish
- Operating temperature: 5º to 122ºF (-15 to 50ºC)
- Units: m / ft
- Resolution: 1 m or 1 ft
- Range: up to 36,000 ft or 11,000 m
- High precision pressure sensor for a very sensitive variometer
- Analog display
- Digital display
- Sink alarm
- Units: m/s or fpm
- Graphic indication: ±1600 ft/min. or ±8 m/s
- Graphic resolution: 40 ft/min. or 0.2 m/s
- Numeric indication: ±20,000 ft/min or ±100 m/s
- Numeric resolution: 10 ft/min or 0.1 m/s
- Averager: selectable from 1 s to 30 s
- Thermal averager for McCready next expected climb: selectable from 1 to 10 min
- Volume: 4 levels + Off
- Climb tone: selectable lower threshold, base frequency, cadence, modulation, dampening
- Near-thermal tone: selectable lower threshold
- Sink tone: selectable upper threshold and base frequency
- Stall alarm: selectable threshold (can be disabled)
- Turnpoint reached alert tone
- Airspace approach and entered alert
Altimeters & Features
- Altimeter 1
- Altimeter 2 (relative)
- Altimeter 3 (cumulated)
- Barometric pressure
- High performance GPS receiver with 48 channels
- Position determination at 1 Hz
- Distance and direction to last thermal pointer
- One button current position display
- Speed over ground
- Wind: direction graphic, and numeric direction and speed
- Last thermal: graphic and numeric direction and distance
- Up to 200 waypoints can be defined.
- Up to 20 routes, each with 30 waypoints can be stored.
- Automatic pilot notification, when an FAI/competition cylinder is passed (enter or exit).
- Automatic or manual start and stop of data logging.
- Up to 291 hours of FAI/IGC data logging memory at 60 sec record interval, 9 hours at 2 sec and 48 hours at 10 sec (recommended).
- Automatically records a point upon entry/exit of FAI sector/turn point with acoustic and visual notification.
- Each track log point records: longitude, latitude, altitude (pressure + GPS based), true airspeed, ground speed.
- Competition routes; if you have a competition route active at launch, the IGC file will contain the corresponding C-records.
- Final glide computer displays the expected height over target and height above best glide as well as to the five closest waypoints in memory
Screen & Display
- Large, high contrast, graphic LCD display
- 2-3/8" x 3-1/8"
- Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
- Flights may be simulated and features can be tested.
User Defined Pages & Data Fields
Analog and digital displays can be set to the pilot's preferences.
Three user-pages with 7 user-selectable data fields per page can be chosen from:
- Time (Time of Day)
- Flt Time (Flight time since take-off)
- Vario (Digital Vario)
- Alt 1 (Absolute altitude)
- Alt 1 (ft) (Absolute altitude in feet)
- Alt 2 (Reference altitude, user-defined)
- Alt 3 (Cumulated altitude gain during the flight)
- FL (ft) (Flight level in feet. Not alterable)
- QNH hPa (Air pressure in Hectopascals)
- Gnd Spd (speed Speed over Ground)
- Air Spd (Speed through the air)
- Wind Spd (Wind Speed / Strength)
- Wind Comp (Wind component: Groundspeed – True Air Speed)
- Track (Flight direction / Course)
- Bearing (Direction to selected Waypoint)
- XT Error (Crosstrack Error. Shortest distance to active leg of a Route)
- Dist WP (Distance to selected Waypoint)
- Dist Goal (Sum of all sectors ahead of the pilot up to the last WP of a Route)
- Dist Toff (Distance from take-off position)
- Dist Cyl (Distance to Cylinder)
- Dist therm (Distance back to last thermal)
- Dist CTR (Distance to next CTR / controlled airspace)
- L/D gnd (actual glide ratio over ground = Groundspeed/Sink)
- L/D air (actual glide ratio = True Air Speed/Sink)
- L/D req (glide ratio over ground required to reach WP)
- L/D goal (Glide ratio over Ground needed to reach goal over several Waypoints in a Competition Route)
- Alt a BG (Safety altitude above the best glide path)
- Alt a WP (Arrival altitude above waypoint, acc. to McCready)
- Alt a Goal (Precalculated arrival altitude over the last waypoint of a Route)
- Temp (Temperature of circuit board)
- SMS p/t (SMS pending/transmitted)
- Timestart (Race / Start Cylinder time)
- Dist StCyl (Distance to Start Cylinder)
Air Speed & Stall Alarm
- Widest airspeed range available 12-180 mph!
- Removable and replaceable pitot tube.
- 2 different speed sensors may be used: integrated pitot tube or optional external vane type.
- Built-in pitot airspeed or optional external HG or PG sensor
- Total energy compensation
- Units: kph, knots, mph
- Digital display range: 12-180 mph (19-300 kph), resolution 1 mph, kph, kt
- Graphic display range: 12–54 mph (20–90 km/h)
- Graphic display of altitude corrected stall speed
- Calibration: -30
Routes and Navigation
- Capacity: 20 routes
- Entry: Selection from waypoints list
- Race route: Start time, number of start gates, exit or enter start, start gate interval with start assistant
- Optimized race route
- Waypoint-achieved notification with instant record of cylinder crossing
- Pointer and to next and second waypoint
- Easy skipping waypoints and/or insertion of new waypoint(s) in flight
- Route: manual or automatic advancement of waypoint
- Units for distance: km or miles
McCready & Speed To Fly
- McCready speed-to-fly indicator.
- McCready final glide calculator.
PC Connectivity & Software
- USB PC interface cable
- Optional Bluetooth connection to cell phone for real-time tracking (not yet implemented).
- SD memory card slot.
- FlyChart software (with professional license)
Battery & Power
- Charge both battery banks simultaneously with dual internal chargers.
- Power supply: 4x AA batteries (NiMH or Alkaline)
- Accurate battery status shown for both battery banks at start-up, during flight and on shut-down.
- Wall charger.
- Vehicle charger.
- Battery life: >30 h
- Automatic indication to the last best lift.
- Ergonomic two tone keypad with easy menu structure.
- Two event driven soft keys allow access to important functions performed without navigating through different menus.
- All user settings can be set using the keypad or FlyChart.
- All ports have integral aerodynamic covers.
- Audio functions are adjustable over a wide range and can be set to automatically increase with speed.
- Total energy compensation (TEC).
- Temperature sensor.
- Polar Curve Recorder.
- Capacity: 200 waypoints (virtually unlimited with SD card)
- Entry: Store current position, manual entry, load waypoints from GPX file
- Quick mark of current position as waypoint
- Add, edit and delete waypoints and routes from instrument keypad
- Coordinate formats: dd.ddddd, dd’mm.mm , dd’mm’ss
- Easily manage waypoint lists for each flying site
Weight & Dimensions
- Dimension: 6-3/4" x 3-3/8" x 1"
- Weight: 340 grams / 12 oz. (with 4 Alkaline batteries, without attachments)
- 2 year warranty
The 6030 GPS comes with the following items included...
- Wall charger cable
- Vehicle charger cable
- USB PC interface cable
- FlyChart Professional license
- 4 AA NiMH batteries (user replaceable)
- Protective carry bag
- Removable Pitot tube
- 2 year warranty
See the Downloads page on the Flytec website
|Model Status||Past model|
Flytec 6030 (PAST MODEL) Reviews
Nancy and the rest of the team are really helpful and excellent service, got my unit to me a week early ready for a comp. Price was good too!