The Alto is a simple vario created for the leisure pilot who needs a turn-it-on-and-fly device with essential functionality only.
Based on the proven Flytec design with an incredibly solid housing.
Simplified internal electronics by Naviter combined with signature Flytec-quality vario and tone.
These benefits, combined with the signature - and much loved - Flytec quality vario and tone, create a user-friendly and enjoyable instrument to learn to fly with. It also has the quality to be a reliable companion on your flying adventures for many years to come.
- Robust, shockproof ABS housing
- Reliable and proven high-sensitivity vario
- Comfortable and clear vario tone
- High-contrast monochrome LCD screen
- Keyboard with clearly detectable, glove-friendly keys
- Customizable vario tone frequency, sensitivity, audio mode, climb-tone
- Vario profiles, for different flying types (weak / normal / strong thermals, soaring, ballooning)
- Altimeter showing MSL (ALT1)
- Altimeter showing Relative / Flight level / meters or feet (ALT2)
- Custom relative altimeter which can be reset with a press of a button (ALT3)
- Graphical instant and average climb indicator
- Numeric average vario indication
- Flight time and local time permanently on display
- Selectable units for Altitude, Vario, Time, Pressure, Temperature
- Optional additional near-thermal tone
- Optional tone when a key is pressed
- English, German, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Turkish user interface
- Battery life ~250 h from two AA batteries
Flybubble note: The Alto quick-start and full manuals we checked had a minor typo which might cause confusion: they said that the vario will operate for 30 hours with the included two AA alkaline batteries, where they should say 250 hours.
|HARDWARE & OPERATION|
Shock resistant shape
|Size||138 x 72 x 24 mm
5.4 x 2.8 x 0.9 in
|Sunlight readable LCD|
|Gloves friendly Keyboard|
|Number of buttons||4|
|Battery type||2x AA type batteries|
|Battery duration||250 hours|
|Vario||High sensitivity, fast response, customizable tone|
|Altimeter||Reliable and accurate up to 10,000 meters|
|Altimeter display||MSL, Relative, Flight Level, Custom|
|Average vario||Graphical and numerical|
|Time||Local time & Flight time|
|Logbook||Takeoff and landing times|
|Multilingual interface||7 languages|
Flytec Alto reviews
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|
|Model Status||Current model|
Flytec Alto Reviews
Pilots who want basic GPS features (e.g. ground speed) in a similarly simple package should consider an entry-level alti-vario-GPS combo. For even more GPS functionality (e.g. flight tracklogs, thermal assistant, navigation, airspaces, topography, competitions) or a larger screen (perhaps full-colour or E-ink greyscale or/and touchscreen), you'll need to look at the higher-end flight instruments.
If in doubt, our general advice is to keep things more simple. You can always upgrade later (we offer generous part-exchange deals for freeflight instruments, wings, harnesses and reserves).