Flytec Alto (PAST MODEL)
Model Status: Past model
Past model. See new flight instruments.
Alto is right for you if you are looking for a simple, robust and reliable vario.
The Alto is a simple vario created for the leisure pilot who needs a turn-it-on-and-fly device with essential functionality only.
Based on the proven Flytec design with an incredibly solid housing.
Simplified internal electronics by Naviter combined with signature Flytec-quality vario and tone.
These benefits, combined with the signature - and much loved - Flytec quality vario and tone, create a user-friendly and enjoyable instrument to learn to fly with. It also has the quality to be a reliable companion on your flying adventures for many years to come.
- Robust, shockproof ABS housing
- Reliable and proven high-sensitivity vario
- Comfortable and clear vario tone
- High-contrast monochrome LCD screen
- Keyboard with clearly detectable, glove-friendly keys
- Customizable vario tone frequency, sensitivity, audio mode, climb-tone
- Vario profiles, for different flying types (weak / normal / strong thermals, soaring, ballooning)
- Altimeter showing MSL (ALT1)
- Altimeter showing Relative / Flight level / meters or feet (ALT2)
- Custom relative altimeter which can be reset with a press of a button (ALT3)
- Graphical instant and average climb indicator
- Numeric average vario indication
- Flight time and local time permanently on display
- Selectable units for Altitude, Vario, Time, Pressure, Temperature
- Optional additional near-thermal tone
- Optional tone when a key is pressed
- English, German, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Turkish user interface
- Battery life ~250 h from two AA batteries
Flybubble note: The Alto quick-start and full manuals we checked had a minor typo which might cause confusion: they said that the vario will operate for 30 hours with the included two AA alkaline batteries, where they should say 250 hours.
|HARDWARE & OPERATION|
Shock resistant shape
|Size||138 x 72 x 24 mm
5.4 x 2.8 x 0.9 in
|Sunlight readable LCD|
|Gloves friendly Keyboard|
|Number of buttons||4|
|Battery type||2x AA type batteries|
|Battery duration||250 hours|
|Vario||High sensitivity, fast response, customizable tone|
|Altimeter||Reliable and accurate up to 10,000 meters|
|Altimeter display||MSL, Relative, Flight Level, Custom|
|Average vario||Graphical and numerical|
|Time||Local time & Flight time|
|Logbook||Takeoff and landing times|
|Multilingual interface||7 languages|
Flytec Alto reviews
Naviter & Flytec support & warranty
All technical support, potential issues, repairs and warranty claims for Naviter and Flytec products and software are handled directly by Naviter.
Have a question about or potential issue with a Naviter or Flytec product or software?
First, visit the Naviter Downloads, Manuals & Support page to see if you can download the manual or find the support info you need.
Second, visit the Naviter Knowledge Base to see if you can find the info you need.
Lastly, if you cannot resolve the issue yourself, contact Naviter Support directly by completing their contact form as best you can.
|Model Status||Past model|