Flytec Sonic (PAST MODEL)
The Flytec Sonic is a mini "audio only" vario for mounting on your helmet (or harness etc), for pilots who want to enjoy freeflight with the minimum of technology. Ideal as a back-up instrument for XC and competition flying, it's also perfect for coastal soaring flights where altitude indication is of little importance. Popular with tandem and 'hike and fly' pilots too.
The mini-acoustic Vario made by Flytec - small but effective!
- Acoustic scale indication
- Optional sink tone/alarm
- Battery life: Over 200 hours
- Adjustable audio volume (housing must be opened)
- Adjustable sink tone actuation (housing must be opened)
- Sink tone threshold: 0.1 - 5.0 m/s (20-1000 fpm)
- Battery type: Lithium CR2450 (3v/500mAh) (environment friendly)
- Dimensions: approx. 89 x 37 x 19 mm (3.5 x 1.5 x 3/4 inches)
- Weight: approx. 46g (1.7 oz)*
- Battery, self-adhesive attachment hook and loop fastener and pouch included
* Flybubble weighed: 44g
Download the Flytec Sonic manual (PDF, approx 170 Kb)
|Model Status||Past model|