Gin Atlas (PAST MODEL)
Select all options to view stock availability
Model Status: Past model
EN Certification: EN B
LTF Certification: LTF B
The Atlas is suitable for beginning to intermediate pilots. In terms of comfort, ease-of-use and safety, the Atlas sits at the lower end of the EN B class. Yet the climb and glide performance in challenging conditions is ideal for long XC flights and has to be experienced to be believed.
Optimized (EPT) airfoil for stability and performance
EPT (Equalized Pressure Technology) uses numerical analysis to perform airfoil modifications in order to find the best solution possible. The result is a wing that inflates more easily, climbs better in thermals and is more stable in turbulence and at speed. In addition, the glider has a lower stall speed and reduced deep stall tendency. Overall, the result is an airfoil with inherently lower drag that simply flies better in all aspects.
Exceptional handling for efficient climbing
The handling of the Atlas strikes a perfect balance. It's comfortable and reassuring, yet gives you enough feedback to accurately feel the air. The wing helps you find the thermals with its excellent seeking behaviour, and when you enter a thermal it cuts through the air and stays solid above your head.
Long and progressive brake travel for a wide safety margin
The Atlas has a long and progressive brake travel. The wing responds to small brake inputs with precision, yet is forgiving if you pull the brakes over-enthusiastically. The brake travel of around 80cm and extremely high brake pressure approaching the stall point makes it virtually impossible to accidentally stall the wing. The Atlas also retains its energy even when flown quite slowly—an advantage when you want to land in a tight spot, or maximize your climb rate.
Also certified with cocoon harness
Almost all EN B gliders are tested with standard harnesses. If you fly with a cocoon harnesses, it can cause issues for the stability of your wing. This is why we made an additional EN test with the combination of the Atlas and the GIN Genie Lite cocoon harness. The Atlas test results were identical with both the cocoon harness and the standard harness. So when you fly with the combination of the Atlas and Genie Lite, you are guaranteed peace of mind.
Extended weight range
The Atlas is remarkably stable and, even when highly loaded, shows good performance and the same excellent recovery characteristics. For this reason, we decided to certify the wing with an extended weight range for experienced pilots who want to fly with a higher wing loading. For general flying, the Atlas can be flown comfortably over the whole of the normal weight range according to your preference.
- Optimized airfoil with Equalized Pressure Technology (EPT) for stability and performance
- Reduced line consumption: 3 risers / 2 main lines spanwise
- New internal construction with cross spar maintains even sail tension
- Nylon rods in top sail trailing edge minimize sink rate and improve acceleration
- New low friction rings on the brake lines provide smooth operation and prevent twisting
- Split 'A' risers for easy big ears
- Mini-ribs on the trailing edge improve handling and performance
- Kickdown speed system with Ronstan pulleys
- Gathering (reefing) system on the trailing edge
- Nylon rods are soft, shape-retaining and durable, but can be easily replaced if necessary
|Recommended Weight In Flight||65-85kg||75-95kg||85-105kg||95-116kg||105-125kg|
|Maximum Weight In Flight||-||100kg||110kg||-||-|
|EN / LTF||B||B||B||B||B|
- Canopy fabric:
- Top surface leading edge: Dominico 3RS
- Main top surface: Dominico 2RS
- Bottom surface: Dominico 2RS
- Ribs: Porcher Skytex 9017 E29A
- Upper: Liros DSL 70; PPSL 120; Gin TGL 80
- Middle: Liros DSL 70; PPSL 120, 160; Gin TGL 145
- Main: Liros PPSL 200, 275; Gin TGL 145, 180
- Risers: Guth 20 mm
- Maillons: Stainless steel 3.5 mm
Standard colours: Mojito, Pistachio, Red Apple, Tangerine
Included with your glider
Gin rucksack, inner bag, compression strap, speed system, usb manual, repair tape.
Gin Atlas reviews
|EN Certification||EN B|
|LTF Certification||LTF B|
|Model Status||Past model|