Gin Atlas X-Alps (PAST MODEL)
Select all options to view stock availability
1kg less weight, more of everything else!
The Atlas X-Alps is the light version of the Atlas, our easy intermediate paraglider. The Atlas X-Alps is aimed at a broad range of intermediate pilots looking for a light and compact wing with all the benefits of our latest EPT technology. The Atlas X-Alps is suitable for regular use, travel and hike ’n fly. The combination of safety, handling and performance means you can even take it on the wildest XC adventures!
Model Status: Past model
EN Certification: EN B
LTF Certification: LTF B
Standard UK delivery - £3.95 / FREE on orders over £100.
Outside the UK - delivery calculated at checkout (based on the total order value and your delivery address).
We use Royal Mail, Parcelforce Worldwide and other courier companies (e.g. DHL, DPD) depending on shipment value, weight, destination etc.
For more information, please view our order and delivery FAQs page.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your order, you have 14 days from the day of delivery to request a refund.
Delivery costs will not be refunded and ou will be responsible for the delivery cost to return the order.
For more information, please read our returns policy.
The same lightweight construction technology used in our X-Alps wings and Yeti range has led to small improvements in almost all areas. Compared to the Atlas, the Atlas X-Alps has crisper and more precise handling, easier inflation on take-off and slightly better performance. Passive safety remains outstanding compared to the level of performance. The materials have been carefully chosen for the optimum combination of lightness and durability, with more durable fabric used for areas of the most critical wear (e.g. top surface leading edge).
Optimized (EPT) airfoil for stability and performance
EPT (Equalized Pressure Technology) uses numerical analysis to perform airfoil modifications in order to find the best solution possible. The result is a wing that inflates more easily, climbs better in thermals and is more stable in turbulence and at speed. In addition, the glider has a lower stall speed and reduced deep stall tendency. Overall, the result is an airfoil with inherently lower drag that simply has to be experienced.
Exceptional handling for efficient climbing
The handling of the Atlas X-Alps strikes a perfect balance. The Atlas X-Alps gives you all the information you need to find and centre thermals easily and precisely, yet at the same time filters out the turbulence. The result is efficient climbing and confidence-inspiring comfort, and a wide grin on your face at the end of your flight!
Long and progressive brake travel for a wide safety margin
The Atlas X-Alps has a long and progressive brake travel. The wing responds to small brake inputs with precision, yet is forgiving if you pull the brakes over-enthusiastically. The brake travel of around 80cm and extremely high brake pressure approaching the stall point makes it virtually impossible to accidentally stall the wing. The Atlas also retains its energy even when flown relatively slowly—an advantage when you want to land in a tight spot, or maximize your climb rate in tight thermal cores.
- Optimized airfoil with Equalized Pressure Technology (EPT) for stability and performance
- Reduced line consumption: 3 risers / 2 main lines spanwise
- New internal construction with cross spar maintains even sail tension
- Nylon rods in top sail minimize sink rate and improve solidity
- Low friction rings on the brake lines provide smooth operation and prevent twisting
- Split ‘A’ risers for easy big ears
- Mini-ribs on the trailing edge improve handling and performance
- Kickdown speed system with Ronstan pulleys
- Brake gathering (reefing) system
- Nylon rods are soft, shape-retaining and durable, but can be easily replaced if necessary
- Supplied with 90L light rucksack (900g)
- Top surface leading edge: Porcher Skytex 38 universal
- Main top surface: Porcher Skytex 32 universal
- Bottom surface: Porcher Skytex 27 water repellant
- Ribs: Porcher Skytex 32 hard finish (main ribs/diagonal/band) / Porcher Skytex 27 hard finish (internal/half-ribs)
- Liros DSL70, DC60, PPPSL 120, 160, 200, 275, TGL 80, 145, 220, 280
- Cousin Technora and Polyester 12mm
|RECOMMENDED WEIGHT IN FLIGHT
|CERTIFIED WEIGHT IN FLIGHT
|EN / LTF
Colours: Ice; Sapphire
Included with your glider: rucksack, inner bag, compression strap, speed system, usb manual, repair tape.