Gin BeCool (PAST MODEL)
Made for professional pilots : easy, efficient and simple to fly.
We wanted to create a simple wing giving smooth dynamic handling, easy and precise in the turn, a thermal grabber and very efficient. Not only is this a professional tandem glider, but a wing also made for recreational flights!
The GIN R&D team worked hard to develop the fast launch capacity of the BeCool. Of course, inflation must be easy, light and progressive, but in addition a good tandem glider should put the pilot and the passenger in charge immediatly.
These characteristics ensure easy take-off for professional pilots carrying various weights, enhancing a secure and stress-free launch.
The objective of the BeCool is to offer perfect and easy landing in all manner of situations, aerological conditions and on various types of landing fields. The BeCool is of course able to land gently at high speed enabling the option of a big flare. It is also able to land smoothly at half-speed with a bigger sink rate. Finding the correct landing range when the forward and vertical speeds are very low is also very easy – being large and tolerant this is always easy to find, ensuring a comfortable landing for your passenger.
Sink rate performance
Following on from the Beetle, further development work has been undertaken to provide a better sink rate when thermaling and during manouevers. The BeCool offers a wide turn radius range which can be easily modified inside the thermal.
This wing really shows its best potential when thermalling and not just in calm air flying. This is due to the way the BeCool bites into the thermal during the turn, which enables the wing too retain its speed and naturally follow the thermal's course. Hence, it is not so important to apply as much brake as you would to maintain best lift in calmer air.
The BeCool is available in 2 sizes. Both sizes are slightly larger than it's predecessor, the ‘Beetle’ : 39.5 and 42.25 sqm.
Supplied complete with stainless carabiners, 25cm spreader bars (optional supple), and XXL rucsac with built in FastPack.
Gin Gliders BeCool > Key Features
- Light inflation enabling an easy launch in all conditions
- Does not overfly and puts the pilot in charge immediately
- Easy to manage in strong wind take-offs
- Easy to find the right vertical and forward speed for smooth landing in all kinds of flight and landing conditions
- Certified wide weight range
- Light brake pressure
- Smooth and precise in the turn
- Stable and efficient speed across the weight range
- Larger surface area than the ‘Beetle’
- Trim risers
- Made with the best combination between strength and weight: a mix of 9092 and 9017.
- Delivered with a XXL rucksack and spreader bars
- Delivered with 2 pcs Stainless steel double protected opening carabiners 2500 daN to connect risers and spreader bars
- Certified LTF 1-2 (available in Germany) and EN C
Gin Gliders BeCool > Sizes & Weight Ranges
Here below are the sizes and weight ranges for the Gin Gliders BeCool.
All-Up Weight Range
*The certified all-up weight range of the BeCool 42 is 135-235 Kg but Gin recommends 145-235 Kg as the 'ideal weight'.
Gin Gliders BeCool > Certification
The Gin Gliders BeCool is certified DHV 1-2 and EN 'C' in both sizes, 39 and 42.
Gin Gliders BeCool > Colours
|EN Certification||EN C|
|LTF Certification||LTF Biplace 1-2|
|Model Status||Past model|