Gin Boomerang 9 (PAST MODEL)
Select all options to view stock availability
Model Status: Past model
EN Certification: EN D
LTF Certification: LTF D
The Boomerang 9 is a no-compromise competition glider designed for high level competition and XC pilots demanding the very best performance. The Boomerang 9 was designed from the ground up to achieve EN D certification, in line with the regulations for the 2013 season onwards.
The Boomerang 9 is the first product to feature EPT (Equalized Pressure Technology). EPT uses numerical analysis to find the best solution for certain airfoil parameters. The result is that the air pressure inside the wing stays more constant and deformations of the airfoil are reduced. This means increased aerodynamic efficiency, which translates to better performance and better all-round flying characteristics.
The Boomerang 9 follows the philosophy of the original GIN Boomerang—that to fly fast and far, pilots must above all feel comfortable on their wing. The Boomerang 9 offers impressive safety compared to the level of performance on offer. Nevertheless, the Boomerang 9 is aimed at world-class pilots who have the experience and ability to fly 2 riser wings safely at speed without collapses.
- Equalized pressure technology (EPT) for stability and performance
- 96 cells using a double diagonal system (a line every 4 cell blocks) reduces billow and profile drag
- High projected aspect ratio decreases sink rate and increases performance
- New low friction rings on the brake lines for smoother operation
- Colours: Red Apple; Curacao
Top surface: Skytex 40
Bottom surface: Skytex 32
Ribs: Skytex 40 Firm finish
Upper: Edelrid 8000
Mid: Edelrid 8000
Lower: Edelrid 8000
|CERTIFIED WEIGHT IN FLIGHT||(85*) 90-105kg||95-115kg||105-125kg|
|EN / LTF||D||D||D|
* S size has passed successful flight tests with 90kg, currently there are some more test flights outstanding at 85kg.
|EN Certification||EN D|
|LTF Certification||LTF D|
|Model Status||Past model|