Gin Carrera (PAST MODEL)
Select all options to view stock availability
Model Status: Past model
EN Certification: EN B
LTF Certification: LTF B
|GLIDER WEIGHT *||4.9kg||5.1kg||5.6kg||5.9kg||6.3kg|
|WEIGHT IN FLIGHT||65-85kg||75-95kg||85-105kg||95-115kg||110-130kg|
|EN / LTF||B||B||B||B||B|
* - estimated/planned
Gin Carrera: Who is it for?
Due to advances in technology, the Carrera has a broad appeal. Experienced thermal/XC pilots—"weekend warriors"—will benefit the most from choosing the Carrera. The Carrera replaces the Tribe (EN C) in our paraglider range.
Equalized Pressure Technology (EPT) from the Boomerang 9 and Atlas
The Carrera shares its DNA with both the Boomerang 9 (competition class) and the Atlas (easy intermediate class). EPT, our own numerical method of calculating the best possible airfoil parameters for any given profile, has led to improvements in inflation/re-inflation behaviour, climb, and stability in turbulence and at speed. As a result, we have been able to increase performance by increasing the aspect ratio of the wing, but without sacrificing handling and stability. For a wide range of suitably experienced pilots, we believe the Carrera will hit the "sweet spot", combining performance, handling and safety in a compact and sporty package.
Everything about the Carrera is designed with maximum efficiency in mind. Attention to detail during design and manufacture has resulted in an exceptionally clean sail. The wing inflates with the gentlest of pulls and settles above the head with the minimum of pilot input. The handling is precise and progressive with a "gentle-but-firm" feel, ideal for long thermalling flights. The wing gives informative feedback in thermals and transitions, helping you pick the best lines. Yet at the same time, it damps out turbulence very effectively, allowing you to concentrate on your next move. Acceleration is smooth and progressive due in part to split A and C risers, helping you glide to the next thermal as efficiently as possible.
Designed for true performance
Compared to other wings of similar performance, the Carrera offers an extra safety margin when conditions become challenging. So you never need miss anything the day has to offer. With the Carrera, our goal was to create a wing in a class of its own. We believe we succeeded—please try it and see for yourself!
- Optimized airfoil with Equalized Pressure Technology (EPT) for stability and performance
- Fully unsheathed lines (except brake lines)
- Besides the clear performance benefits, unsheathed Aramid lines have the advantage of dimensional stability and give a sportier feel in flight. The lines are colour-coded for ease of use.
- 3 risers (split A's and split C's)
- The Carrera riser produces an exceptionally smooth and efficient acceleration. The split A risers also enable easy big ears.
- Optimized plastic re-inforcements
- Plastic wing re-inforcements provide a more homogenous and stable feeling in flight. They are beneficial in turbulence, and help re-opening behaviour in rare cases of collapse. Different diameter rods are used at different parts of the sail according to the loading.
- Optimized internal construction and line attachment points to maintain even sail tension
- Mini-ribs on the trailing edge improve handling and performance
- Kickdown speed system with Ronstan pulleys
- Gathering (reefing) system on the trailing edge
- Top surface: Porcher Skytex 9017 E77A
- Bottom surface: Porcher Skytex 9017 E68A
- Ribs: Porcher Skytex 9017 E29A
- Main/Middle/Upper: Edelrid 8000-050, 070, 090, 130, 190, 230, 280
- Brake: Liros PPSL275
EN Test Reports
Download the Gin Gliders Carrera Manual.
Gin Carrera paraglider reviews
Read our first impressions Gin Carrera review.
Watch our Gin Carrera review video:
|EN Certification||EN B|
|LTF Certification||LTF B|
|Model Status||Past model|