Kortel Karver (PAST MODEL)
Select all options to view stock availability
Model Status: Past model
The Karver is the fruit of over a year of development. The initial objectif was to create a speedriding harness by starting from scratch and not just by modifying a paragliding harness to adapt it to this sport. Speedriding being the conjunction of several sports we took inspiration from several existing concepts. The Karver could be presented as being the fusion of a lightweight paragliding harness, a skydiving harness and a kite harness.
But the Karver is ultimately more than a synthesis of these three things. It is in itself an innovative concept. It is quite simply the first harness without shoulder straps. The purpose of shoulder straps is to take the weight of a harness during the take-off phase. They contribute nothing to the comfort of the harness, the back support being completely independent.
The Karver is a lightweight harness, thus shoulder straps would be of no utility, so we quite simply removed them. To prevent the harness from slipping and in order to guarantee the safety of the pilot if tipped upside down (a rare occurrence you will agree) we have integrated a lumbar belt into the harness.
With use it becomes obvious that the Karver is much more than a speedriding harness. Its astonishing level of comfort, its modularity and the feeling of freedom that it provides also make it ideal for standard paragliding usage for those that do not require back protection at all costs.
- The buckle that fastens the lumbar belt is of the pass through type but of a new generation, easy to fasten and to undo, even wearing gloves. It is no longer necessary to force the buckle through sideways. The same goes for undoing the buckle, a simple movement suffices.
- Thanks to the automatic buckles on the leg straps the Karver is easy to put on in all circumstances even with skis, there are no leg loops to step through.
- These automatic buckles are designed to be used in the snow. The red cleat guaranties that the buckle locks correctly and is easily visible, snow is easily removed, and if the buckle were to freeze it would be in a locked position and thus would not compromise the pilot’s safety. Nevertheless it is essential to verify that the buckles are correctly fastened before taking off!
- We have developed a rear tandem reserve pocket in response to the demand of professional pilots who absolutely want to benefit from the advantages that the Karver has to offer.
4 sizes are available:
- up to 160 cm, size S
- from 160cm to 180cm, size M
- from 180cm to 195cm, size L
- above, size XL
- Size S: 1kg
- Size M: 1.1kg
- Size L: 1.2kg
- Size XL: 1.3kg
The Karver is delivered with stainless steel quick-links.
|Model Status||Past model|