Ozone Delta 2 (PAST MODEL)
When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page
Model Status: Past model
EN Certification: EN C
LTF Certification: LTF C
The original Delta was a revolution in the Sport-Performance class, and incorporated cutting edge design features which launched it into the class above in terms of performance. Not only was its speed and glide revolutionary, it also retained an incredibly compact and agile feel due to its moderate aspect ratio. The Delta could have been difficult to improve upon, but we are pleased to report that the new Delta 2 represents an equally significant, and even more exciting, step forward in paraglider technology.
Our mission for the Delta 2 was to retain the comfort, safety, and ease of use of the original, but take the performance to the next level. In addition to that, we wanted to fine-tune the handling and cultivate a more fun and playful feel. This was not easy, we have to admit, and it was a long process to complete. The new Delta 2 is a complete re-design from top to bottom and represents a new direction for the series, but we believe we have produced a truly superb wing.
Arc >> The first thing you will notice when you see the Delta2 in the air is the Ozone Performance Project inspired arc, which was taken directly from the BBHPP / R10 family of performance wings. This arc, yet unseen in the Sport-Performance category, is used in our competition wings and is unmatched for sail cohesion, turn efficiency and authority, and overall handling.
Sail Tension >> A more highly refined sail tension has created a more compact and intuitive feel for the Delta 2. In active air, you will notice an even more precise feel with improved feedback and a more progressive brake travel. While the original Delta featured the cleanest sail ever offered in the Sport-Performance class, the new Delta 2 is even smoother due to next generation panel shaping along the entire span.
Profile >> A completely new profile is one of the key factors in the Delta 2’s revolutionary performance gains. It is a hybrid design combining the best features of the R11 shark nose technology with the fun and efficiency of the M4. It is solid at accelerated speeds, and extremely resistant to spin and parachutal stall. The shark profile provides a more constant internal pressure in active air and turbulence, increasing passive stability (collapse resistance) and creating an even more comfortable and stable feel in accelerated flight.
The Next Generation in Low Drag Lineplans >> Our R&D Team constantly focuses on “free” performance gains, especially by reducing line-drag wherever possible. The Delta 2 offers an incredible 26% reduction in total line drag. This, combined with the overall increase in efficiency and the benefits of the shark nose profile, has allowed us to reduce the total wing area.
While the original Delta redefined XC flying for countless pilots around the world, we are confident that these exciting improvements to the Delta 2 will once again put this wing in a class of its own. We firmly believe that the Delta 2 is in the category above in terms of performance, but still remains squarely in the middle of the Sport-Performance class in terms of safety and ease of use. The Delta 2 is an ideal wing for pilots in this category who are searching for the next generation of XC performance.
|Number of cells||62||62||62||62||62||62|
|Projected area (m2)||17.8||19.4||20.5||21.7||23||25.3|
|Flat area (m2)||21.1||23.1||24.4||25.7||27.3||30|
|Projected span (m)||8.9||9.3||9.5||9.8||10.1||10.6|
|Flat span (m)||11.3||11.8||12.1||12.5||12.8||13.5|
|Projected Aspect Ratio||4.4||4.4||4.4||4.4||4.4||4.4|
|Flat aspect ratio||6||6||6||6||6||6|
|Root Chord (m)||2.35||2.45||2.52||2.59||2.67||2.8|
|Glider Weight *(estimated)||*4.4||*4.7||5||5.34||*5.7||*6|
|In-flight weight range (kg)||55-70||65-85||75-95||85-105||95-115||110-130|
|EN / LTF *(in progress)||*C||C||C||C||C||C|
- Top Surface Cloth: Dominico 30D MF
- Bottom Surface Cloth: Dominico 30D MF
- Rib cloth: Skytex 40 Hard / Dominico 30D FM
- Upper lines: Edelrid 8000U-130/090/070/050
- Mid lines: Edelrid 8000U-130/090
- Lower Lines: Edelrid 8000U-230/190/130
- Anthracite-White-Anthracite-Orange (AWAO)
- Black-White-Black-Light Blue (KWKL)
- Black-White-Black-Light Green (KWKH)
Keep the Delta’s legendary comfort but increase the performance, fun, and handling.
- The Delta 2 features a new arc taken directly from our performance research project. This arc, yet unseen in this category of wing, is normally used in our competition wings and is superb for sail cohesion, turn efficiency/turn authority and overall handling.
- Aspect ratio has been increased up to 6.0, however the sail cohesion and levels of passive safety are improved relative to the Delta1 thanks to the new arc and new structure.
- The sail tension has been refined for an overall better feeling. The Delta 2 has high levels of precision, with a more direct and progressive brake pressure.
- The profile is completely new. It’s a combination of the M4 and the R11 shark profile; solid at speed and extremely resistant to spin or parachutal. It always re-starts without delay.
- The new profile and sail tension allows for high levels of precision, especially in the first part of the brake range whilst retaining a long overall brake travel. Thanks to the increase in pressure at the end of the brake range, the point of spin is very deep and recognisable. This gives authority, efficiency, comfort and confidence to the pilot, especially whilst thermalling in turbulent air. Thermalling with the Delta2 is an extremely pleasant experience!
- The shark profile allows for a more constant internal pressure through turbulence, increasing collapse resistance and adding to comfort and solidity at speed.
- The chordwise structure is derived directly from the M4, with the addition of a few small D lines to maintain a very clean trailing edge shape. It also makes C riser control in turbulent air intuitive and effective.
- Further line optimisation has reduced the overall total line drag by 26%.
- The sail is even cleaner than the Delta with improvements made in panel shaping, reducing creases overall.
- Combined, these improvements send the Delta2 into the next category in terms of performance; it glides 0.1 point better than the M4!!!
- The higher wing efficiency and shark profile has allowed a significant wing area reduction. In comparison with the original Delta M, the new Delta2 ML is slightly smaller and goes up to 105kg.
- Other small details have been improved: The plastic rods are now replaceable, and the risers include special C toggles to allow comfortable C-riser control.
Your Ozone wing is delivered standard with the following accessories: 135 L Backpack, Inner Bag, Glider Strap, Speed Bar, Ozone Stickers, Repair Cloth, Ozone Keyring, Line Length Chart.
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (concertina packing bag), Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or Ozone Clothing and Accessories.
Ozone Delta 2 reviews
|EN Certification||EN C|
|LTF Certification||LTF C|
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|
|Model Status||Past model|