Ozone Magnum 3
Select all options to view stock availability
When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page
Model Status: Current model
EN Certification: EN B
LTF Certification: LTF B
|Number of cells||54||54|
|Projected area (m2)||32.1||34.7|
|Flat Area (m^2)||38.2||3841.2|
|Project Span (m)||11||11.4|
|Flat Span (m)||14.1||14.7|
|Project Aspect Ratio||3.8||3.8|
|Flat Aspect Ratio||5.2||5.2|
|Root Chord (m)||3.37||3.5|
|Glider Weight (kg)||7.26||7.69|
|In-flight Weight Range (kg)**||110-185||130-220|
** For solo use or for 2 persons with spreaders
- Certified EN B with a wide weight range.
- Trim risers with improved headwind glide, or for use with lighter passengers.
- Choose standard (rigid), soft, or light spreaders.
- Custom colours
Choose your custom colours here and then email us the Ozone colour reference with your order.
About Custom Colours
Ozone encourages you to customize your own personal colour combination for your wing. Customization generally incurs a small fee. Once you’ve decided you can share your design with your friends, or if you are ready to order, send it to your local Ozone dealer to check if there is a charge and place the final order.
Please note that because the glider will be built specifically for you in the Ozone factory, payment must be received before production can begin.
Fabric Colour and UV Resistance
Please be aware that the colour you see on your screen may not accurately represent the actual fabric colour. Given the wide variance in monitor calibration and the fabric appearance in different light and colour combinations, it is impossible to perfectly represent fabric colour on the screen. If you have any doubts about the colours, look at photos of various wings on OZONE's website to see them in different light and colour combinations or contact us at Flybubble to see the fabric in person.
All of the fabric that Ozone use undergoes extensive testing in prototype colour phase to ensure colourfastness, mechanical stability, porosity, and general longevity before they put it into production. Once the fabric is in production, every meter of it is rigorously inspected upon arrival in the factory, and fabric which does not pass stringent quality control standards is returned to the manufacturer. Frequently customers ask, "Which colours last the longest, or have the best UV resistance?" All of the colours that Ozone stock score between 4 and 5 on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the highest possible rating for longevity.
- Inner Bag
- Glider Strap
- OZONE Stickers
- Repair Cloth
- OZONE Keyrin
- Saucisse Bag (video) (concertina packing bag)
- Glider Backpack
- Easy Bag (quick stuff sack)
- OZONE Clothing and Accessories
The Magnum 3 is a completely new, “ground-up” design. A unique internal structure saves weight and increases lifespan, effectively decreasing the cost of the wing to the professional pilot.
The aspect ratio has not been increased. Because ease of use and passive safety are critical in tandem flying, there have been no compromises in areas of comfort and safety. The Magnum 3’s performance gains are the result of a cleaner leading edge, higher cell count, and optimised line layout (13% drag reduction), all resulting in improved glide ratio and min-sink
A new internal structure and carefully engineered material combinations have reduced the weight by 700g compared to the Magnum 2, without sacrificing strength. Increasing the lifespan of the wing was a primary design goal – this has greatly reduced the cost-per-flight for professional pilots.
An obvious benefit of reduced sail weight is improved launch behaviour. No-wind inflations – even with the trimmers in the slow position – are incredibly easy. The slow trim setting allows a slower take-off speed in a shorter distance for easier launches, and better overall sink rate and lighter brake pressure for easy flights. In stronger winds the Magnum 3 is simple, the wing inflates smoothly with no sticking points and without the tendency to overshoot.
A new arc and tension straps have vastly improved the handling, making it beautifully balanced in the air. Parasitic roll has been reduced, for an “on rails” feeling on glide. Like all of Ozone's latest-gen wings, Ozone focused intently on the perfect combination of roll and yaw response delivered through light and precise brakes
A powerful and easily accessible flare was a primary focus. There is no special technique required: the Magnum 3 “pops” up in the flare, creating lift and killing forward speed. Even with novice passengers at max load in imperfect conditions, the Mag3’s landing is simple.
- The Magnum3 is a new design in the Magnum serise for pro-pilots. The Magnum3 offer the highest ratio of longevity to weight on the market today.
- We wanted to keep its simplicity, its simple inflation, and improve its handeling and flare for landing, reduct the weight and offer an even greater lifespan.
- The surface area and the AR are the same as the Magnum 2.
- We added two more cells to help sail cohesion, precision in the turn and to reduce the brake pressure.
- The arc has been increased to offer a higher level of control of the roll, and improve the handeling.
- New diagonal shapes, in order to save weight.
- New tension straps to improve the precision in the brakes.
- The brakes use a shrink system that increases the tension in the TE specifically when you need it, as a result the brakes are more direct.
- The line material has ben optimised to save weight and reduce line drag, but with no compromise for the simplicity of the launch preparation.
- We use a mix of sheathed aramid lines for the riser lines and a mix of sheathed dyneema with unsheathed aramid in the upper galleries. As a result we manged to save 13% line drag.
- The materials have been also chosen carefully to reduce the weight of the sail.
- The aim was not only to save weight, but to increase the longgevity of the structure, which uses the highly durable porcher skytex 40g with additional reinforements to strengthen it even further.
- Top Surface Cloth: Dominico 30D MF/ N20D
- Bottom Surface Cloth: DOKDO-204432Fm
- Rib cloth: 70032E4D (32g hard finish)/9017E29 (40g hard finish)
- Upper lines: Edelrid 8000U
- Midlines: Edelrid 7343
- Lower Lines: Edelrid 7343
|EN Certification||EN B|
|LTF Certification||LTF B|
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|
|Model Status||Current model|