Select all options to view stock availability
When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page
The submarine is a low-drag, high-performance harness for serious XC and Competition flying. It is the result of a 5-year development process which included extensive testing, wind-tunnel research, and a prolonged beta phase with cooperation from some of the world’s top competition pilots.
Model Status: Current model
Standard UK delivery - £3.95 / FREE on orders over £100.
Outside the UK - delivery calculated at checkout (based on the total order value and your delivery address).
We use Royal Mail, Parcelforce Worldwide and other courier companies (e.g. DHL, DPD) depending on shipment value, weight, destination etc.
For more information, please view our order and delivery FAQs page.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your order, you have 14 days from the day of delivery to request a refund.
Delivery costs will not be refunded and ou will be responsible for the delivery cost to return the order.
For more information, please read our returns policy.
|pilot height range (cm)||160-176||173-186||183-194|
|total weight of all parts (kg)*||8.09||8.15||nc|
|Load Test: Max weight||120||120||nc|
*Weights may vary up to 50gm per size due to slight variations in the manufacturing of the fabric used.
Submarine: Comp/XC Harness
The competitive Paragliding World Cup format has allowed them to fly certified versions of the harness to test and develop the harness in real conditions. Ozone thank the pilots that were willing to try the different versions whilst the design team figured what worked and what did not. They must thank the PWC for being a great competition series that helps progress the performance and safety of our sport.
Ozone think the final design in its various sizes has proven that replacing your current harness with the Submarine will likely result in a larger performance advantage than updating your wing with a newer model. They think it is a big step forward in harness design and they look forward to all pilots being able to benefit from this 5 years of development work.
The Submarine is now in general production. Ozone have already had a lot of enquiries and have increased their production capacity in anticipation of demand, but as this is a highly technical harness to produce they ask pilots for their patience as the team in production work to fulfil the orders as fast as possible.
Optional Spare Parts / Components:
- Submarine structure comprising seats, inside storage and rescue pockets
- Submarine envelope (the airtight skin of the submarine)
- Wood seat plate
- Pair of back bars
- Main Cockpit, 4.5 liters
- Instrument plate
- Rescue handles
- Foot Plate
- 3 one-foot Speed bar
- Foot cubes, 3 different sizes, to adapt the various foot-plate to envelope nose distance
- Back Foam
- Submarine protector
- Exoceat Cockpit. Adaptable to the Submarine and offering slightly more volume storage. It could restrict the leg movement while catching the speed bar, depending on the various settings
- Additional front cockpit. It can be attached to the main cockpit Offering 2 liters more of storage with easy access from the top envelope zip. Can also contain an anti-G chute
- Low profile fully inflated envelope with foam-filled dynamic pressure air intake.
- Low parasitic drag once inflated and set in position.
- High parasitic drag once fully open and piloted in an upright position, offering Anti-G characteristics for descent.
- Immediately deflates after bending your legs in case of strong turbulence or wing collapse.
- Good yaw stability at all speeds.
- Good instrument visibility in most light.
- Balanced agility and roll stability.
- Fully self-supported seat and foot plate, refined from the Exoceat.
- Adjustable pitch angle with easily adjustable webbing and multiple fore & aft ballast pockets.
- Two side rescue containers with easy extraction.
- Features the innovative Neo Koroyd back protector.
- Large "flight deck" is fully adjustable in pitch angle.
- Main cockpit is 4.5 Liters volume with two front outside pockets.
- Optional extra cockpit, 2.0 Liter.
- Under seat storage, 1.0 Liter.
- Two Side pockets, 1.5 liter each.
- Two upper pockets, 0.6 liter each.
- Back storage, 13 liters, including 2 liter drinking pocket.
- Competition speed bars with 3 one-foot steps, fully settable to any wing configuration.
- Huge potential range of speed bar to be compatible with wings using the longest speed systems.
“I was amazed by the ingeniosity of that design. All the small details were studied to have that streamlined shape and efficiency. It is a bit delicate to handle, and landing on a tree isn’t a good idea and will eventually destroy the outside envelope. I don’t see how the rescue lines will pass near the collar without damaging the cloth…in case of a rescue opening. But it could happen without damage.
The difference in efficiency to gain gliding performance between a normal seated harness and a pod harness with rear fairing is greater than comparing the same pod harness with fairing to a Submarine.
But there’s a difference in speed and on long glides.
Every pilot will find a whole complete set of harnesses from pod to simple ones to his liking. The Submarine is a complex harness for a purpose.
If you are a very good competition pilot, and you need those extra meters that will help you get closer or be on a podium, then the Submarine is definitely for you if your competitors have a similar harness, then getting a high-end stream-lined harness like the Submarine, will keep you close in the game!”— Ziad Bassil, Dust of the Universe, Ozone Submarine M size (full review)
Ozone product registration
Register your Ozone product here.
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|
|Model Status||Current model|