Supair Delight (PAST MODEL)
Ultra-Light Paragliding Pod Harness
The DELIGHT is a hammock-like harness without seat plate which is uncompromising in terms comfort and safety. It will please most pilots in search of a light XC model offering all the features typically found on similar but heavier harnesses.
The DELIGHT harness and its proprietary "DELIGHT" backpack were tried, tested and proven on the field by five of the ten leading pilots during the rough X-ALPS 2011 race including Thomas Coconea, Michael Gebert, and Thomas de Dorlodot...
Available in M and L sizes, for a feather-light weight of only 2.3 Kg* for the M size with LTF certified mousse bag back protection and integrated rear-mounted reserve parachute pocket. Your overall hook-in weight will greatly be reduced for a new type of flying experience!
Pilots armed with the SUP'AIR Delight with not again have to compromise nor choose between performance, comfort, weight and safety during short distance hiking, long treks or cross-country flights.
- Only 2.3 Kg* for the M size with LTF certified mousse bag back protection and integrated rear-mounted reserve parachute pocket.
- Removable LTF certified 14 cm mousse-bag back protection.
- Cocoon-type speedbag with wind protective layer.
- Carbon fiber speedbag foot-rest.
- Integrated, removable SPEEDBAG LIGHT cockpit.
- Six flap, rear-mounted reserve parachute container, able to accommodate all solo reserves. Skydiving-type cable reserve extraction handle.
- Harken pulleys and special slider to optimized speed-bar function.
- Specially designed two-step speedbar with adjustment system.
- Three storage pockets: dorsal, beneath the seat, and a side one accessible in flight.
- Pre-equipped for hydro system.
- Hiking poles connections.
- Safe-T strap with light quick release buckles.
- Speedbag incline and length adjustments.
- Shoulder straps adjustments, dual side trims for maximum dorsal support and comfort..
- Special LIGHT RIPSTOP material with reinforced Dyneema.
- Reclined or upright torso postures are possible.
- Passive safety: rear-mounted reserve parachute pocket + LTF certified "mousse-bag" protector + shoulder reserve parachute connection points for a safer upright descent body posture in case of reserve deployment.
- Easily adjustable to the pilot's body contour.
- Stylish and racy look.
- High comfort level.
- EN1651 Certification.
- Colors: One Colour (Black-Grey-Green)
- Sizes: M and L.
*The indicated weight regards the harness in size M without carabiners (170 grams), cockpit (190 grams), or speed-bar (40 grams). The overall standalone harness weight without other accessories is 2.72 Kg (2720 grams).
** Flybubble note: We weighed a Sup'Air Delight L harness on our electronic scales, with all included accessories, and it weighs approx. 3.3 Kg.
The Sup'Air Delight harness is delivered with the following items:
- Specific Mousse-Bag protector 14 cm "COMPACT 14" (Certified LTF)
- Light removable cockpit from the SpeedBag.
- Double stage speed-bar with a foot centering system for an equal bilateral force distribution.
- 2 Twist-lock Zicral SUPAIR Karabiner 30 mm
- "F" type cable reserve parachute handle
- Riser set
- Maillon Rapide® Inox 7 mm
- 2 "O rings"
Download the Sup'Air Delight Harness User Manual (English, PDF file 3 MB)
- Specially designed "DELIGHT" backpack made with 750 gr. Dyneema cloth, 90 lt. volume, side storage pockets...)
- "CONNECT" Dyneema carabiner alternatives (12 grams each)
- Reserve parachute SUPAIR X-tralite (1.0 kg for Pilot < 80 Kg)
- Underneath the seat ballast pocket (plastic ballast bag)
|Model Status||Past model|
Supair Delight (PAST MODEL) Reviews
I've noticed in recent years that there seems to be a "lightweight revolution" happening in paragliding. More and more pilots are looking for lightweight gear, and many paraglider pilots, both recreational and competition, are flying with pod harnesses – not only because they are warmer, improve performance and look good, but also because they give better handling with the wing. So I decided to write a short review about the Sup'Air Delight, mainly because I'm just so amazed with this new harness.
In my 7 years of paragliding I have had a few pods before: Wood Valley X-Rated 3; Sol CX; Advance Lightness; Wood Valley X-Alps Race; and Advance Impress 3. I won't comment on the other harness or the review will become too long and boring. I'm not a Sup'Air dealer - I'm a pilot and I bought my Delight from Nancy and Carlo at Flybubble Paragliding.
I just spent a week with my Sup'Air Delight pod harness. All I can say after having so many pod harness and looking for the perfect compromise between lightweight, safety, easy to use, good finishing, beautiful look and functionality is that the Delight is the best harness IMO.
The Delight comes with all of following: ABS system, integrated reserve container, LTF certified back protection, beautiful easy to use stream lined cockpit, storage pocket under the seat (volume approx. 8 litres, for clothes, ballast etc.), adjustable chest strap, automatic quick buckles, side pocket, webbing loops on the shoulders for Rogallo type steerable reserve (mine fitted perfectly), very smooth pod without wrinkles, and a few more premium features. Even with all of this, the Delight weighs only 2.5kg and is extremely comfortable.
Thanks Sup'Air for this amazing piece of paragliding gear. I'm very happy to find this harness and expect to keep it for many years, as I really don't think it can't get much better than this. The Delight really must be seen see to be believed!