Supair Hybrid 2 (PAST MODEL)
Select all options to view stock availability
Model Status: Past model
The Hybrid 2 is a full-featured performance harness with integrated foot stirrup, superb weight-shift geometry and slick styling. What's more, it reverses into a full-size glider rucksack which is great looking and very comfortable to carry. Why carry 1.5kg of paraglider rucksack when you can combine the rucksack into the harness, saving weight and bulk?
This latest edition in the Hybrid series has been outfitted with an updated integrated reserve parachute pocket and the new SUP'AIR patented light quick-release auto-buckles. It has an improved rucksack design, and is supplied with a specially shaped carbon fiber seat plate as standard to lighten the overall package.
The Hybrid 2 incorporates the Cable-System Airbag by Sup'Air for quicker airbag inflation. The reserve pocket has been further optimised and retains the cut-away system for the foot stirrup to prevent possible entanglement in the event of a reserve deployment. It can also be upgraded to a “pod” harness with the addition of a retro-fit removable lightweight speed-bag (leg fairing) made specially for it by Sup'Air, to help reduce drag and keep you cosy on those high flights and long XC's!
The materials used for the Hybrid 2 have been carefully chosen by Sup'Air for the best compromise between weight and durability, drawing from their many years of experience at making paragliding harnesses successfully. Unlike some other reversible harness-rucksacks, the Hybrid 2 can easily hold a full-size 'normal' paraglider (i.e. not just an ultra-compact lightweight paraglider), together with a flying suit and a full face helmet.
All in all, the Hybrid 2 is almost certainly the only paragliding harness you will ever need. It’s a very comfy, reversible, light, high performance, low drag harness… what’s not to like?
Improvements over the previous version:
- Updated more comfortable version of the removable back support*.
- Look: a new back-rest for both backpack and harness modes.
- Construction : The Hybrid 2 is now outfitted with the new SUP'AIR patented light quick-release auto-buckles.
- Delivered with a shaped carbon fibre seat plate, saving 450 grams.
*The removable back support is a shaped piece of high-density foam stitched to a polypropylene sheet. You can gain access to it through a zipper near the shoulders, under the reserve bridle covers.
A horizontal and vertical seat-depth adjustment system allows for better ergonomic contour to the pilot's morphology and helps control stability.
The foot-rest comes as standard and can be put to good use by enhancing seat control during active piloting. For safety reasons, it has an integrated part of an automatic release system during reserve parachute extraction to prevent any possible entanglement in the event of reserve parachute deployment.
The HYBRID 2 is equipped with fittings ready to attach a speed-bar recoil system, to keep the accelerator underfoot and ready as needed. For this there are two small webbing strips with eyelets in near the back of the seatplate on each side of the harness. You can fix a bungee cord to these eyelets, and attach this to the speed bar, and the speed bar will then come back automatically.
- Reversible harness - backpack
- Double cell Airbag protection
- Integrated underseat reserve pocket (right-hand only)
- New Sup'Air patented light quick-release auto-buckles
- Anti Balance System (ABS)
- 3D ergonomic wicking mesh on back support (harness & rucksack)
- Firm back support in both the harness and the rucksack give a high level of comfort when flying or hiking
- Horizontal and vertical seat-depth adjustment system
- Back adjustment system with neoprene-covered light 30mm buckles and Mylar load distributors
- Sleeved chest-strap trim adjuster
- Large volume rucksack, will easily carry normal paraglider plus accessories
- Compression straps to hold contents firmly in place (rucksack)
- Reinforced waist belt with pocket (rucksack)
- Load adjusters (rucksack)
- 2 mesh pockets on outside of rucksack (one each side)
- 2 more pockets on outside of rucksack (front)
- Light foot rest / foot stirrup (integrated part of an automatic release system during reserve parachute extraction)
- Delivered with shaped carbon seatplate as standard (saving approx 450 grams)
- Designed to take 30mm karabiners (karabiners not included)
- Weight: 4.3 Kg for M size
Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Snow dia
Sup'Air Hybrid 2 & Altix 2 > Video
Download a Sup'Air video demostrating how to install a reserve parachute in the Sup'Air Altix 2 and Sup'Air Hybrid 2: Altix 2 & Hybrid 2 - Reserve Installation (.wmv file, 7.6 MB)
- Full airbag with Cable-System Airbag (Sup'Air patent) for fast airbag inflation
- New reserve container on the right side, with lateral extraction
- Cable-made reserve handle
- Carbon seatplate
- Foot stirrup
- Side storage pocket
- Speaker / microphone attachment connection
- Built-in radio pocket (on left hand side)
- Supair Lite Pack: Special removable light storage pack for reversible harnesses, to stow away gear between the backrest and the airbag e.g. helmet bag, gloves, fast pack, hydration system, jacket, etc
- Supair Removable Hood (30 litre removable rucksack topper for AltiRando, Escape, XP, Hybrid)
- Supair Speedbag - Hybrid & Altirando XP (leg faring / leg cover / pod)
- Supair Side Foam Protectors for Hybrid
- Karabiners / Connectors (can accommodate 30 mm Karabiners)
- Speed Systems
- Reserve Bridles
- Flight Decks
|Model Status||Past model|