Syride SYS'Nav V3
SYS'NAV 3D view
- GPS & barometric sensor
- Internal SD card
- Worldwide airspaces
- Worldwide AGL
- Navigation features
- Compatible competition
- Ultra fast response (10cm)
- Thermal-sniffer feature*
- 45h autonomy
- Instant vario
- Transition assistant
*The thermal sniffer makes a special "bip" sound when your sink rate is between -0.1m/s and +0.1m/s, indicating there might be some lift nearby.
- Fixed on the risers for easy reading
- Customizable screen
- G-force feature
- Online flight book
- Only 90 grams, the lightest alti-vario-GPS ever!
|Function||Alti-Vario-GPS with G-force meter|
|Size||10cm x 6.1cm x 1.7cm|
|Weight||90 gr including battery|
|Rising threshold||from +0.1 m/s to +2.0m/s|
|Falling threshold||from -0.5 m/s to -5.5m/s|
|Thermal sniffer||activable from -0.1m/s to +0.1m/s|
|Height above ground||Worldwide|
|Backlighted display||100% customizable|
|Volume||3 levels plus 'OFF' position|
|Memory||1500h of flight @ 1 point per second|
|Routes||150 routes of 150 points max|
|Output files||IGC, GPX and KML|
|Cockpit fixing||with hook and loop fastener (included)|
Download the SYS'Nav manual (PDF)
Syride SYS'Nav V3 Tips by Flybubble
See our Syride SYS'Nav V3 Tips, meant to compliment the user manual.
Syride SYS'Nav V3 reviews
"The SYS’Nav will satisfy a very broad range of pilots. It is suitable for beginners, with its sensitive chirpy vario, simple information display, and clear wind indicator. As you develop as a pilot you’ll be glad of all the extra features you can access, when you need them." - See our full Syride SYS'Nav review by Greg Hamerton from Flybubble.
"I’m a huge fan of the features, simplicity and form of this instrument." - Dickon Walker, Read the full review
Syride have gathered some useful Tools on their website:
- Manuals (all models): Read to better understand your instrument.
- Software, SYS PC Tool (SYS'Alti, GPS, Nav & Evo): Required for downloading flights, customising screens, upgrading instrument, and more.
- Syride Screen Configuration (SSC) tool (SYS'Alti, GPS, Nav & Evo): Customise the screens on your instrument.
- Airspace (SYS'Nav & Evo): Avoid flying into forbidden airspaces by uploading OpenAir files into your instrument.
- Topography (SYS'GPS & Nav V2): Gives access to height above ground level (AGL) information, airspaces with AGL and greyscale topography on the MAP screen of SYS'Nav.
- Route maker (SYS'Nav & Evo): Build your route or waypoints list in a few clicks. A piece of cake!
- Sound config - vario sound setup (SYS'Alti, GPS, Nav & Evo): Customise the sound of your vario infinitely with a simple graphic table.
|Shipping Details||1-3 workdays|
|Model Status||Current model|
Syride SYS'Nav V3 Reviews
It's unobtrusive, sitting out of the way on my riser so it doesn't get in the way on launch. The vario tones are easy to understand (I use 1/3 of the volume), so I mostly fly off them. I have used it on the slope and in mountain thermal flying, it gives great reference in either condition.
As I progress, I shall be able to use the navigation functions; what really sets this unit apart is that I can choose to display the relevant information for my level of ability, without risking getting swamped with data.
At the end of the day, I can easily extract the flight tracklogs and pop them in to Google earth for 3D analysis of my performance. I can see how thermals behave so easily, and this visualisation has helped my progression no end.
The accompanying Web site is great, you can easily upload your tracks, and keep a track of your hours flown, on each wing if you have more than one, and compare your flights with other users from each flying site. It's like strava for paragliding!
It charges from USB, it's typically fully charged after being plugged in to my laptop for 30 mins after a few hours' usage, but I also have a spare lead (like you'd use for a portable hard drive) in my car for a top-up on the drive out.
I have played with route planning with this device, and it seems easy enough. I just have to get good enough to fly a route now!
Massive thanks to Nancy and Carlo, who took the time to fully explain the Syride system to me on the phone, resulting in a very happy customer!