Syride SYS'Nav XL
When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page
Introducing the new SYS'Nav XL, a user-friendly yet powerful and super-versatile ultralight flight instrument made specially for free flight.
Whether you're a beginner, an XC pilot, a hike and fly enthusiast, a vol bivouac pilot, an adventurer, a paramotor pilot or a competitor, the SYS'Nav XL will be your ideal companion for every activity throughout your pilot progression. Adapting to your needs, it will accompany you on all of your paragliding or paramotoring flights for years to come.
- SYS'Nav XL alti-vario-GPS
- Semi-rigid protective case
- USB cable
- Hook and loop fastener strips
- User manual
- Syride stickers
- Online flight book
- 2 year manufacturer warranty
Note: Colours may vary.
SYS'Nav XL: compact technology!
The SYS'Nav XL is a new instrument in the range of Syride flight instruments, positioned between SYS'Nav V3 and SYS'Evolution. It is not intended to replace the SYS'Nav V3.
- Alti Vario GPS Bluetooth
- Worldwide Airspace
- World topography
- Competition features
- Live Tracking
- In-flight Ground Weather Station reports
- Automatic flight upload at landing
- Connection with third parties Android/iOS applications
- Can be installed on risers for easy reading and access
- Configurable screen
- Ultra readable screen
- Online flight log book
- Automatic screen change
- 81 grams
The 2.7'' screen of the SYS'Nav XL has an active matrix reflective technology similar to the one used in the SYS'Evolution. The advantages for the pilot are clear:
- Optimum readability outdoors (the more sun, the more contrast)
- Lower power consumption (80% less than a traditional screen and no need for backlighting)
The resolution of the SYS'Nav XL screen (400x200 pixels) has been dramatically improved. The pilot can display more information and details on the same screen. The display is also more pleasant to the eye.
Screen customization is therefore much more versatile with the SYS'Nav XL, with a wide choice of sizes, resizable items, the ability to add text and frame.
The SYS'Nav XL inherits items from the SYS'Evolution such as the much-appreciated thermal assistant, the competition route summary, the vario graph...
To simplify the pilot’s tasks and limit in-flight handlings, we have added the possibility to change the screen automatically on the SYS'Nav XL depending on the current flight phase: Thermalling, in transition, approaching an airspace or approaching a waypoint’s cylinder. The pilot can now focus on flying instead of manipulating buttons in flight.
In spite of the bigger screen, we managed to put a 1 Watt speaker into the SYS'Nav XL while respecting the manufacturer's recommendations to obtain the most perfect sound possible! The pilot will thus have the pleasure to hear the sound of a more harmonious and softer vario. Custom configuration is always possible with our online tool.
Versatile Bluetooth connectivity
Amongst it's many impressive features the SYS'Nav XL also offers Bluetooth connectivity, in case you'd like to connect it to Android or iOS flight apps. So far this has only been tested with XCTrack (Android) and FlySkyHy (iOS). Syride are also working on a new complimentary flight app, which they say will be released on Google Play store soon as a beta version (with limited features to start) and will on Apple Store this autumn.
Expected for its simplicity of use and its reversibility, the SYS’Nav XL has now a USB type C plug. A new plastic injection mold had to be produced to support these new evolutions (screen, speaker, USB...). The file management has also been completely revised! It will be possible to communicate with the SYS'PC TOOL software as before, but also to access the flight data (IGC files) as if a USB disk had been connected. The pilot gains in convenience, he will be able to use his existing phone or action cam cable to connect the instrument and will not have to use the SYS'PC Tool software to access the flight files.
Battery & charge manager
The surface of the electronic board has been reduced to accommodate a battery with a capacity 40% higher than the SYS'Nav (850mAh against 600mAh), it is essential to meet the needs of the very energy-hungry speaker. It is the level of the sound volume and the activation of the sink sound that will have the most impact
on the battery life of the SYS'Nav XL! The addition of a dedicated charge manager allows to have a very precise state of the battery charge value. Voltage variations will not affect the displayed information.
Featherweight & versatile
Ultralight and compact, the SYS'Nav XL can be mounted a wing riser, leg mount, harness shoulder strap, flight deck, tandem spreader, etc, as with other similar Syride varios. It weighs only 81 grams including the new thinner and lighter hook-and-loop fastener strips.
|Function :||Alti-Vario-GPS with G-force meter|
|Size :||10cm x 6.1cm x 1.7cm|
|Road map :||Worldwide|
|Screen :||2.7 inch high contrast 240x400 pixels|
|Volume :||4 levels & OFF position|
|Autonomy :||From 10 to 40h|
|Memory :||2000h flight (1pt/sec)|
|Waypoints :||25 000|
|Routes :||200 routes of 150 waypoints max|
|Output files :||IGC, GPX and KML|
|Online flightbook :||included|
|Risers fixing :||included|
|Thermal sniffer :||activable from -0.1m/s to +0.1m/s|
|Instant vario :||Yes via 3-Axis Accelerometer|
|weather station :||Yes via configurable screen|
SYS'Nav XL 3D view
Note: Colours may vary.
Compared to SYS'Nav V3
- Same size and shape
- Larger and higher resolution screen: 2.7 inch high contrast 240x400 pixels
- Screen customization more versatile
- Even lighter: 81gr vs 90g
- Lighter, thinner hook-and-loop fastener strips
- 1 Watt speaker (better sound)
- Volume: 4 levels & OFF position
- Larger memory: 2000h flight (1pt/sec) vs 1500h
- 200 routes of 150 waypoints max vs 150 routes
- Instant vario via 3-axis accelerometer
- Weather station via configurable screen
- Shorter autonomy: 10-40h vs 45h
- Bluetooth connectivity
- USB-C connectivity
- Higher price
Syride SYS'Nav XL review
Syride Tools (including manual)
Syride have gathered some useful Tools on their website:
- Manuals (all models): Read to better understand your instrument.
- Software, SYS PC Tool (SYS'Alti, GPS, Nav, Nav XL & Evo): Required for downloading flights, customising screens, upgrading instrument, and more.
- Syride Screen Configuration (SSC) Tool (SYS'Alti, GPS, Nav, Nav XL & Evo): Customise the screens on your instrument.
- Airspace (SYS'Nav, Nav XL & Evo): Avoid flying into forbidden airspaces by uploading OpenAir files into your instrument.
- Topography (SYS'GPS & Nav V2): Gives access to height above ground level (AGL) information, airspaces with AGL and greyscale topography on the MAP screen of SYS'Nav.
- Route maker (SYS'Nav, Nav XL & Evo): Build your route or waypoints list in a few clicks. A piece of cake!
- Sound config - vario sound setup (SYS'Alti, GPS, Nav, Nav XL & Evo): Customise the sound of your vario infinitely with a simple graphic table.
Syride questions & support
For any questions about Syride products:
- Read the user manual.
- Contact Syride support directly.
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|