Flymaster GPS SD
Engineered for Easy Navigation
The GPS SD is the ideal instrument for flying non-competition XC flights. It has built in airspace avoidance and many other functions for optimising a great XC flight.
Don't get caught in airspace
With Flymasters 3D airspace warning system you will have ample information to navigate around restriced airspace zones.
Learn more about Airspace avoidance...
The Flymaster 3D airspace avoidance system provides tools to manage airspaces. Restricted areas can be seen in an embedded Map, or on dedicated page. The Map can be complemented with numerical, and text information using data fields. The Critical Airspaces dedicated page can be used to see detailed information about areas that are close to the pilot.
In addition to graphic information, audible alarms and page triggers will ensure that even the most inattentive pilots does not miss critical information. For example when flying near a restricted area an alarm is issued and the airspace page automatically enabled.
Taking advantage of the SD card storage capacity the instrument provides worldwide airspace data. Pilot can fly from country to country without any concerns about changing airspace data files. Micro SD card with airspace, ground data and maps pre-loaded included.
Design your own instrument
Need more or less data on your flight screens, with Flymasters' unique Designer you can create the instrument you like and need for your style of flying.
Learn more about Designer...
Taking advantage of the Flymaster GPS SD graphic processor, which also allows gray scales and increased definition graphics, pilots can customize their own multiple screen pages using the new Flymaster DESIGNER.
Using the designer users can add, resize or move objects, and increase the font size of text, allowing users of any age (and eye-sight quality) to get the most out of their unit.
The Flymaster Designer is a free application allowing users to design and manage, the screen layout of Flymaster instruments, and update the firmware. An unlimited number of layouts can be created,and shared with other users.
Flymasters' unique thermal ball will help you find the thermal core quicker and the zero buzzer make sure don't fly past lift.
Learn more about Thermal Ball...
The Thermal Core Map is one of the most useful, and exclusive feature of the GPS SD. This map corresponds to a black dot which is shown inside the inner navigation wheel. During a thermal climb the GPS SD keeps track of the strongest climb values and graphically represent the strongest one by a dot. The pilot can then search for a new core and if needed return to the last one by following the dot.
Another well known feature is the Buzzer Sound which is produced when the rate of climb is close to, but has not yet reached the specified Climb threshold. Since the Buzzer starts earlier than the normal vario sound is an amazing companion in flight allowing the pilot to pick-up thermals he would have usually missed.
Flight Sharing can be extended beyond the LIVE-TRACKING. Just with a few key strokes you can send your flights, just after landing, to several well know databases like Leonardo, or DHV.
The GPS SD has a built in low power wireless interface for connecting compatible accessories. The list of Flymaster wireless accessories is the most complete on the market. Already available for the GPS SD are the HEART-G, TAS and M1.
The Flymaster GPS SD implements an easy intuitive menu driven system with no need to memorise multiple functions on keys with long key presses.
Main Hardware Characteristics
|Display Resolution (High Contrast Grey Scale)||320x240 pixels|
|Screen size (true viewing area)||76x57 mm|
|Battery Capacity (Lithium-Ion)||2900 mAh|
|Autonomy||> 30 hours|
|Size||155x92x24 mm (Length x Width x Thickness)|
|Native USB Connection||Allows connection to the PC to download/upload Flight Data, Airspaces Data, etc|
|Battery Charging||From wall adapter*, car adapter or standard usb port|
|RF Interface||Allows the wireless connection of several external probes, like HEART-G or TAS probe, simultaneously.|
|Micro SD slot||Up to 32 GB|
|6 Axis accelerometer and magnetometer||Allows 6-degrees of freedom Tilt-compensated Compass)|
Firmware update by USB (upgrades are free)
*Flybubble note: The wall AC adapter is supplied to us with a UK 3 pin slide on adapter. For use in Europe, Flymaster supply a European 2 pin slide on adapter which is available to purchase separately. For other regions a suitable adapter will be required.
|User definable pages (each page can be draw using designer software, and include a number of elements only limited by space).||16|
|Configurable graphical elements (depending of the element several parameters can be set by the user ex. Size, Border, …)||12|
|Configurable data field elements (User can change size, border, title, Font, ...)||61|
|Page Trigger Events (page switches automatically if a specific event occurs)||
|Multi lingual interface||
|Configurable audible alerts||
|Definable function keys||
- Buzzer/near thermal sound.
- Ultra sensitive Variometer with 10 readings per second and 10 cm resolution.
- Configurable vario digital filter and integration values.
- Fully configurable Vario Sound (frequency, increments, frequency/vertical speed relation,….).
- 6 Sound Levels (configurable by menu, or using a key).
- Automatic mute, keeps vario silent until takeoff.
- Altitude adjustment using QNH.
- Automatic altitude adjustment from GPS.
- 3 independent altimeters.
- 3D flight logger IGC format.
- Storage for >300000 track points.
- Up to 248 flights.
- 448 Waypoints.
- Compatibility with Open Air format (upload of files using Designer).
- Display of restricted areas in map
- Adjustable warning vertical distance to a restriced area
- Adjustable warning horizontal distance to a restriced area
- Display of shortest Vertical, and Horizontal, distance to restricted area
- Resctrited area alarms (Altitude imminent, Position imminent, Violation, …)
- Critical Airspace page (displays information about areas that are closer than a defined distance)
Cross Country Features
- Exclusive Thermal Ball indicator
- Several specific data fileds like Distance to take off, current and avarage glide ratio, avarage speed, etc.
- Distance to last thermal indexed with altitude
- Goto waypoint
- Multiple waypoint route
- Wind Speed and Direction (GPS based calculations)
- Automatic altitude gain profiler
- McCready related values like speed to fly, next termal climb, etc. (available with the TASProbe)
- Nearby Landings (Displays Required Glide Ratio and distance to all the Landings which can be reached)
- Several Glides Ratios (average, to next,…)
- Easy route definition
- Route Navigation, configurable safety/risk margin on turn points.
- Route Map (trace with thermal indication)
- Compatible with MacOSX (1.6 and higher), Windows (vista/7/8)
See the Downloads page on the Flymaster website.
Flymaster Comparison Chart
Want to compare Flymaster instruments side by side? See the Flymaster Comparison Chart.
Technical support: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Shipping Details||1-3 workdays|
|Model Status||Current model|