Price as configured: £0.00
Blade — your expert co-pilot
Blade presents all relevant information on a colour moving map, with airspeed and total energy compensation. For pilots who want all of the functionality to win competitions and enjoy safe cross-country flights.
- Exceptionally accurate Total Energy compensated Vario for the quickest climb rate
- Measured airspeed indicator with speed to fly
- Very loud speaker
- Individually configurable colour moving map
- Touchscreen optimized for use with gloves
- Incredibly slim and aerodynamic housing
- Integrated Flarm/FANET+ module
- Preloaded worldwide maps and airspace is easy to use works right out of the box
- Colour screen which remains easy to read even in bright sunlight
- Helps you find lift with the thermal assistant
- Everything you need to fly far and win competitions!
Blade keeps you flying - for longer, further and faster...
The Blade difference
As most experienced pilots will testify, the cost of using a "cheap" flight instrument is the loss of many flying hours, miles flown and tasks won. The sooner you start flying with an instrument that truly assists you in making the right decisions, the better and longer your flights will become.
- Teaching piloting excellence – let Blade be your expert co-pilot
- Saves time – on and off the hill
- Works when you need it – long autonomy, robust and best in class reliability
- Exceptional customer support – we move mountains to keep you flying!
All of which combines to enable better, more skilful piloting, higher performance and the greatest chance of achieving your flight plan, however ambitious a goal you set for yourself.
The complete package
Every good pilot knows the value of having the right flight plan, the right navigation instrument and the insights gained from reviewing a flight.
When used in combination with SeeYou software, developed for the gliding and free flight community over nearly 20 years, the Blade is the complete package offering:
- Pre-flight planning
- In-flight navigation
- Post-flight analysis
The choice of Champions
Blade has been developed in cooperation with some of the best hang glider pilots worldwide, including Alex Ploner, Tom Weissenberger, Matjaz Klemencic, France Peternelj and others!
When will you join them?
- Total Energy compensated vario
- Airspeed sensor
- Sunlight readable colour LCD
- Gloves friendly touchscreen
- Slim and Aerodynamic
- Thermal assistant
- Wind assistant
- Ready to fly - no setup
- 12-hour autonomy (battery life)
- XC Tasks created on moving map terrain with touch
- Internet connection through Oudie Live for flight uploading
- XC and FAI Triangles
- 3D Airspace assistant
- Immediate flight uploads and goal declaration
- Easy and free software updates
Built on the proven Oudie platform
Blade runs the same software as the proven and tested Oudie models from Naviter. It adds hang-gliding specific sensors built into an aerodynamic pod.
|Size||435 x 105 x 20 mm|
|Airspeed||Yes, measured by sensor|
|Vario||Yes, Total Energy compensated vario|
|Pressure altitude||Yes, high precision|
|Loudspeaker||Yes, loud enough at 100 km/h|
|Battery autonomy||> 12 h|
|Time to fully charge||max. 6 h|
|Flight storage||Practically unlimited|
|Operating temperature||-15°c to +50°c|
|Display||Sunlight readable 5″ TFT LCD|
|Touchscreen||Yes, optimized for use with gloves|
|Built-in GPS||Yes, aviation-grade|
|External Flash||Yes, Micro SDHC|
|Airspace data||Yes, preinstalled|
|3D Airspace warning||Yes|
|Final glide calculator||Yes|
|Max. Altitude warning||Yes|
|FAI Triangle optimization||Yes|
|Race to Goal||Yes, automatic navigation|
|Task route optimization||Yes, automatic|
|Assigned Area Tasks||Yes|
See below, and the Related Products section.
Speed bar mounts for Blade
Hang glider speed bar mount for Aeros, Icaro, Moyes and Wills Wing.
- Weight: 150 grams
- Dimensions: 25 x 16 x 5 cm
Upright mounts for BladeBlade mounts for round and aerofoil shaped uprights
- Weight: 0.06 kg
- Dimensions: 18 × 3.5 × 3.5 cm
International Wall Charger
Wall charger featuring interchangeable plugs for UK (type G), Europe (type c), North America (type A/B) and Australia (type I).
- Weight: approx 0.2 kg
- Dimensions: approx 11.5 x 7.5 x 6 cm
Naviter Blade pilot feedback
"... thanks for having built such a beautiful instrument for the hang gliding community"
- Alex Ploner, multiple World and European Hang Gliding Champion
"Blade is the answer to all of my flying needs. Whether I use it for a planned XC flight or an exciting competition task, it is my helpful friend who always shows me the right data to succeed in my goal of the day. I was often able to fly the optimum route because I saw the situation better with the data provided from the Blade."
- Matjaz Klemencic, Red Bull Athlete
"I have been so impressed with everything to do with Naviter: The Oudie is head and shoulders the best instrument for XC and comps, the after sales support is faultless and they are the nicest people to deal with... perfect! Anyone serious about flying paragliders should have one of these."
- Guy Anderson, top XC & competition pilot
Naviter Blade flight instrument reviews
"... paragliding instruments have developed at a pace, leaving hang glider pilots feeling a bit left behind. No longer! Enter the new Naviter Blade, a dedicated hang gliding instrument encased in a beautiful aerodynamic pod, with a variety of different mounts to clip straight on to your hang glider and all the functions you could possibly need."
"Naviter have put a huge amount of time and effort into making sure the Blade is perfect before releasing it to the public."
"A very loud speaker... a lot louder than anything else I have used. A simple but big problem finally solved."
"This is the first hang gliding instrument I have used with a colour screen. It really helps with maps and airspace... It was very easy to see in the bright sunlight..."
"The Blade pairs this brilliant colour moving map to an overlaid airspace map, so you can fly closer to the airspace without accidentally crossing into it. The map uses the same software as the Oudie, which is what paraglider pilots have been using in competitions and XC for the last few years. You will love it!"
"Going back to an older instrument feels like swapping your new smartphone for a pager."
"The whole instrument was built for this teardrop shaped pod, which is also the slimmest on the market. It feels expensive and high quality." "It’s really well designed and I feel it’s the most aerodynamic choice on the market."
"Many top pilots are now flying with the Blade."
"In conclusion: The Blade is ideal for the competition or XC pilot. It is probably too much for the weekend pilot, but it is by far the most advanced hang gliding instrument I’ve ever flown. It’s high end, great build and very well thought-out. Everything you could want, finished in one sleek aerodynamic design."
- Luke Nicol, Cross Country Magazine (full review)