Naviter Oudie 5 Pro FANET+ (PAST MODEL)
Model Status: Past model
Superseded by Naviter Oudie N Free Flight
Naviter Oudie 5 Pro, share the sky with your friends and enjoy the safety of being seen by others with integrated FANET+ & Flarm.
Every good pilot knows the value of having the right flight plan, the right navigation instrument and the insights gained from reviewing a flight
Running the highly regarded SeeYou software, developed for the gliding and free flight community over nearly 20 years, the Oudie 5 is the complete package offering:
- Pre-flight planning
- In-flight navigation
- Post-flight analysis
Oudie keeps you flying - for longer and further…
- Gyro-assisted vario
- Sunlight readable colour LCD
- FANET+ to see other free-flight pilots around
- FLARM transmit to be seen by some glider pilots and general aviation
- Gloves friendly touchscreen
- Lightweight, perfect size
- Thermal assistant
- Wind assistant
- Ready to fly - no setup
- 12-hour autonomy (battery life, in optimal conditions)
- XC Tasks created on moving map terrain with touch
- Internet connection through Oudie Live for flight uploading
- XC and FAI Triangles
- 3D Airspace assistant with free updates
- Immediate flight uploads and goal declaration
- The responsive touch screen is easy to use even in thick gloves
- Easy and free software updates
- Exceptionally accurate Vario (Gyro assisted) for the quickest climb rate
- See Buddies in real-time with FANET+
- Be seen by Gliders and Cessnas with FLARM
- With preloaded worldwide maps and airspace is easy to use and works right out of the box
- Colour screen which remains easy to read even in bright sunlight
- Helps you find lift with the thermal assistant
- Features to help you win competitions
One picture tells a thousand words, instant situational awareness at a glance…
The Oudie Difference
As many experienced pilots will testify, buying a cheap flight instrument actually costs many flying hours over the long run.
The sooner you start flying with an instrument that truly assists you in making the right decisions, the better and longer your flights will become.
- Teaching piloting excellence – Let Oudie be your expert co-pilot
- Saves time – on and off the hill
- Works when you need it – Long autonomy, robust and best in class reliability
- Exceptional customer support – Naviter move mountains to keep you flying!
All of which combines to enable better, more skilful piloting, higher performance and the greatest chance of achieving your flight plan, however ambitious a goal you set for yourself.
Oudie 5 Pro
Your Co-Pilot with Buddies. All the features of the SeeYou software, including competition functionality and advanced configuration options.Oudie 5 Pro – Purpose-built hardware perfect for free flyers, running highly developed, highly featured planning, navigation and analysis software. With every purchase, you also receive excellent customer support from a large, dedicated and passionate team of pilots. The choice of experienced, ambitious XC and competition pilots. Why choose anything less?
What are FANET, FLARM & FANET+?
- FANET (Flying Ad-hoc NETwork) is a low cost open source system for transmitting position and sharing information between FANET users. It helps you to know where others are, and others know where you are, including your buddies. It is not a collision avoidance system per se, as that is a FLARM patent.
- FLARM is a proprietary system for air traffic awareness, collision avoidance, identification and tracking for General Aviation (GA) and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). It helps prevent aircraft equipped with FLARM from colliding with each other.
- FANET+ is a combination of a FANET transceiver and a FLARM transmitter i.e. FANET (TxRx) + FLARM (Tx) a.k.a. a "FLARM Beacon". It helps prevent things hitting you, but not you hitting things. It helps you to know where others are, and others know where you are, including your buddies, and helps prevent aircraft equipped with FLARM from colliding with you.
Sunlight readable LCD with Touch panel
Oudie 5 has a bright LCD which is a significant improvement over the standard colour LCDs available in similar devices elsewhere. The screen has an anti-glare coating and is nicely sunlight readable even in direct sunlight. The touch panel can be operated with gloves, no problem.
The Choice of Champions
In just 3 full seasons, Oudie has taken the world of free flight instruments by storm; of 120 or so PWC pilots 80 or 90 now use Oudie.
Chrigel Maurer, Honorin Hamard, Seiko Fukuoka, Klaudia Bulgakow, Stephan Gruber, Felix Rodriguez, Pal Takats, Hernan Pitocco, Charles Cazaux, Rafael Saladini, Torsten Siegel, Luca Donini, Jurij Vidic, Yoshiki Kuremoto, Russel Ogden, Nick Greece…
…the list goes on. They have all won championships or completed amazing adventures whilst relying on Oudie for their navigation.
When will you join them?
‘Whether I use it for competitions or for XC-flights, the Oudie is a really good instrument. Light weight, easy to handle and with a long-lasting battery. Software and device are of very high quality and that’s the reason why I recommend Oudie to friends!’
– Michael Sigel, Swiss League pilot and top competition pilot
‘Thanks to my new Oudie I optimized my flights better than ever, being able to see the radius of the cylinder at all times, with ease of use. It was my first competition with Oudie. It is a great instrument, perfect for competition with large radiuses and arrivals at goal with very little height, I’m very happy.’
– Francisco Javier Reina after the PWC Superfinal
‘Oudie is the device I was looking for. A very nice Variometer and a complete GPS with all the information I need to make top performance in Competition and Cross Country.’
– Charles Cazaux, World Champion
‘I have been so impressed with everything to do with Naviter: The Oudie is head and shoulders the best instrument for XC and comps, the after sales support is faultless and they are the nicest people to deal with… perfect! Anyone serious about flying paragliders should have one of these.’
– Guy Anderson, top UK XC pilot, British paragliding team & PWC pilot
Naviter & Flytec support & warranty
All technical support, potential issues, repairs and warranty claims for Naviter and Flytec products and software are handled directly by Naviter.
Have a question about or potential issue with a Naviter or Flytec product or software?
First, visit the Naviter Downloads, Manuals & Support page to see if you can download the manual or find the support info you need.
Second, visit the Naviter Knowledge Base to see if you can find the info you need.
Lastly, if you cannot resolve the issue yourself, contact Naviter Support directly by completing their contact form as best you can.
|Model Status||Past model|