Naviter Oudie 5 XC
Every good pilot knows the value of having the right flight plan, the right navigation instrument and the insights gained from reviewing a flight
Running the highly regarded SeeYou software, developed for the gliding and free flight community over nearly 20 years, the Oudie 5 is the complete package offering:
- Pre-flight planning
- In-flight navigation
- Post-flight analysis
Oudie keeps you flying - for longer and further…
- Gyro-assisted vario
- Sunlight readable colour LCD
- FANET+ to see other free-flight pilots around
- FLARM to be seen by glider pilots and general aviation
- Gloves friendly touchscreen
- Lightweight, perfect size
- Thermal assistant
- Wind assistant
- Ready to fly - no setup
- 12-hour autonomy (battery life)
- XC Tasks created on moving map terrain with touch
- Internet connection through Oudie Live for flight uploading
- XC and FAI Triangles
- 3D Airspace assistant with free updates
- Immediate flight uploads and goal declaration
- The responsive touch screen is easy to use even in thick gloves
- Easy and free software updates
- Exceptionally accurate Vario (Gyro assisted) for the quickest climb rate
- See Buddies in real-time with FANET+
- Be seen by Gliders and Cessnas with FLARM
- With preloaded worldwide maps and airspace is easy to use and works right out of the box
- Colour screen which remains easy to read even in bright sunlight
- Helps you find lift with the thermal assistant
- Features to help you win competitions
One picture tells a thousand words, instant situational awareness at a glance…
The Oudie Difference
As many experienced pilots will testify, buying a cheap flight instrument actually costs many flying hours over the long run.
The sooner you start flying with an instrument that truly assists you in making the right decisions, the better and longer your flights will become.
- Teaching piloting excellence – Let Oudie be your expert co-pilot
- Saves time – on and off the hill
- Works when you need it – Long autonomy, robust and best in class reliability
- Exceptional customer support – we move mountains to keep you flying!
All of which combines to enable better, more skilful piloting, higher performance and the greatest chance of achieving your flight plan, however ambitious a goal you set for yourself.
Oudie 5 XC
Oudie 5 brings more fun to you and your Buddies. With integrated FANET+ it allows you to share the sky with your friends and enjoy the safety of being seen by others. Inherits all features from competition pilot's first choice vario - Oudie 4.
The Basic model takes away competition functionality and options that might overwhelm the less experienced pilot. With a simple software update available to unlock all the features as you progress, your learning curve will be as short as possible.
Built on the same hardware and SeeYou software platform as the Oudie 5 Pro, the stripped-down Oudie 5 XC is aimed at the competent XC pilot and the ambitious beginner who knows where they want to get to.
FANET+, FANET or FLARM?
- FLARM is a proprietary system for Traffic awareness, collision avoidance, identification and tracking for General Aviation and UAVs i.e. It helps prevent things hitting you, and you hitting things.
- FANET (Flying Ad-hoc NETwork) is a lower-cost method of transmitting position and sharing information, but not for collision avoidance, as that is a FLARM patent. i.e. It helps your others, including your buddies, know where you are, and you know where others are.
- FANET+ is a combination of a FANET transceiver and a FLARM transmitter. i.e. FANET + FLARM (Tx) aka a "FLARM Beacon" i.e. It helps prevent things hitting you, but not you hitting things.
Sunlight readable LCD with Touch panel
Oudie 5 has a bright LCD which is a significant improvement over the standard colour LCDs available in similar devices elsewhere. The screen has an anti-glare coating and is nicely sunlight readable even in direct sunlight. The touch panel can be operated with gloves, no problem.
The Choice of Champions
In just 3 full seasons, Oudie has taken the world of free flight instruments by storm; of 120 or so PWC pilots 80 or 90 now use Oudie.
Chrigel Maurer, Honorin Hamard, Seiko Fukuoka, Klaudia Bulgakow, Stephan Gruber, Felix Rodriguez, Pal Takats, Hernan Pitocco, Charles Cazaux, Rafael Saladini, Torsten Siegel, Luca Donini, Jurij Vidic, Yoshiki Kuremoto, Russel Ogden, Nick Greece…
…the list goes on. They have all won championships or completed amazing adventures whilst relying on Oudie for their navigation.
When will you join them?
Naviter & Flytec instruments comparison
‘I have been so impressed with everything to do with Naviter: The Oudie is head and shoulders the best instrument for XC and comps, the after sales support is faultless and they are the nicest people to deal with… perfect! Anyone serious about flying paragliders should have one of these.’ – Guy Anderson, top UK XC pilot, British paragliding team & PWC pilot
‘Whether I use it for competitions or for XC-flights, the Oudie is a really good instrument. Light weight, easy to handle and with a long-lasting battery. Software and device are of very high quality and that’s the reason why I recommend Oudie to friends!’ – Michael Sigel, Swiss League pilot and top competition pilot
‘Thanks to my new Oudie I optimized my flights better than ever, being able to see the radius of the cylinder at all times, with ease of use. It was my first competition with Oudie. It is a great instrument, perfect for competition with large radiuses and arrivals at goal with very little height, I’m very happy.’ – Francisco Javier Reina after the PWC Superfinal
‘I absolutely love my Oudie, it has transformed my flying experience.’Richard Osborne, fun-loving UK XC addict (and self-confessed technophobe!)
‘Oudie is the device I was looking for. A very nice Variometer and a complete GPS with all the information I need to make top performance in Competition and Cross Country.’ –
Charles Cazaux, World Champion
|Shipping Details||1-3 workdays|
|Model Status||Current model|