Skytraxx 2.1 FANET+ (PAST MODEL)
Model Status: Past model
This is an old model. See current instruments/Alti-Vario-GPS
Skytraxx update 25/08/2023: "SKYTRAXX 2.1 production has been discontinued."
Compact, easy-to-use high-tech, high-precision vario with worldwide airspace, landing and launch site data, integrated obstacle database, navigation warnings, good battery life, and automatic updates via integrated Wi-Fi. FANET+ integrated. Live-tracking via OGN.
- Skytraxx 2.1 FANET+
- Storage box
- Silicon protective cover
- Hook-and-loop sticky-back strip (see Mounting)
- USB-C cable
- Instructions in German*
* Download the latest manual in English and other languages from the Manual section of the Skytraxx website.
The rear of the Skytraxx 2.1 is a clear, flat space, ready to attach the included hook-and-loop sticky-back strip to. This means you can then attach the unit to any suitable mount or surface with loop-fastener on top. For example, for paragliding, you could use a suitable paraglider leg or harness instrument mount or a flight deck (cockpit), as long as they have a suitable surface with loop-fastener on top.
Recommended mounting options
Our recommended mounting options for the Skytraxx 2.1, which will hold the device securely, and in a good position for viewing and operation (also see Related Products):
- Leg mount: Skytraxx Comfort Leg Holder (if out of stock, Naviter Deluxe Leg Mount)
- Harness mount: High Adventure Izipizi Harness Holder
- Flight deck mount: included hook-and-loop sticky-back strip
Skytraxx 2.1: your vario gets smarter
Minimalist, intelligent design.
- Display: 3.2 " Grayscale, 240 x 160 pixels
- Dimensions: 90 x 114 x 20 mm
- Weight: 150 grams
- Compact size with silicone protective cover
- Very easy-to-use high-tech vario with high-precision sensor resolution <5cm
- Current airspace data worldwide, landing sites and launch sites worldwide with automatic updating via WiFi
- Integrated obstacle database with an appropriate warning when approaching
- Voice output
- Altimeter barometrically calibrated via GPS to 9999m
- Variometer (vario) with very sensitive response time (<0.5 seconds)
- The vario data is read 60 times per second and averaged
- Compact device with integrated GPS and logger
- Large graphic display with grayscale and best contrast in direct sunlight
- 8 gigabytes of memory
- Runtime > 40 hours
- Thermal assistant
- Hike mode with GPX import and export functionality. Reading in a hiking route via e.g. GPSies or Hike & Fly is very easy
- 4 user definable fields on each page
- USB-C interface
- No external software necessary
- Languages: German, English, and French
- Windows, Linux and Mac compatible
- Optimal for use in DHV-XC (OLC)
- Wi-Fi integrated
- Firmware and airspace updates without additional software
- Firmware and airspace updates also possible via the integrated Wi-Fi
- FANET+ (FANET and FLARM transmit) integrated
- Live tracking via OGN stations without fees. Glidernet or LiveTrack24 can be used
- MSL, QNE, QFE, Flight Area, Glide Ratio, Local Time, UTC Time, Flight Time, Speed, XC Points, XC Distance, XC Type, XC Speed
- Units can be set separately for altitude, distances, and rate of climb speed
- Summer and winter, time will be changed automatically
- Several pilot profiles
- FANET data for the following: distance, course, altitude, climb rate, speed
- FANET ground stations can send wind direction and wind strength
- In Hike mode, there are other displays such as altitude difference or remaining distance
- AGL (height Above Ground Level)
- Vario digital and analogue
- Wind direction and wind speed
- Thermal display with track and thermal assistant
- Charge indicator
- GPS reception display (GNSS)
- Coordinate display in various formats
- QNH pressure indicator
- Fully automatic FAI assistant, graphical help to fly an FAI triangle with the best possible points
- 3D airspace warning with an indication of the direction to the fastest exit
- Memory 8 GB
- Display 240 x 160 pixels, 3.2 "
- Runtime > 40 hours
- Dimensions 90 x 114 x 20 mm
- USB-C interface
- Weight 150 grams
"Going on gut feel, I bought the demo unit before I’d finished the testing, because it makes me happy. The vario is spot on, and it’s mentally liberating using an instrument this clear, accurate, small and powerful. It doesn’t distract you with unnecessary information."
"If you appreciate lightweight simplicity and efficient power usage combined with robust operation and modern features like FLARM and automatic airspace updates, you’ll love the Skytraxx 2.1."
- Flybubble (full technical review)
Skytraxx info & support
For all info and support contact Skytraxx directly by email [email protected].
See the Download and Manual sections of the Skytraxx website.
|Model Status||Past model|
|Feature||FANET+, Flarm Beacon|