Gin Genie Lite 3 Rescue Deck
When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page
Model Status: Current model
- Dimensions: 33.5 x 17 x 6 cm
- Volume (max): 3.0 L*
- Weight: 350 g
- Gin Genie Lite 3
- Most other pod harnesses which feature a cockpit with hook-and-loop fastener
- Compatible with Gin Yeti UL reserve sizes S and M*
- Compatible with Companion SQR Light sizes 80, 100 and 120 (tight fit)*
- Compatible with other ultralight reserves of similar pack volumes*
* Flybubble notes: We've tested this with a few reserves and the reserve pack volume must be ultra compact to fit (under 3L). Compatible reserves:
- Companion SQR Light sizes 80 (easy fit), 100 (easy fit) and 120 (factory packed, tight fit)
- Gin Yeti UL sizes S (easy fit), M (tight fit), and L (packed to the right shape, very tight fit)
- Genie Lite 3 Rescue Deck
- Reserve handle
- Reserve inner container
- Reserve bridles 115 cm (pair)
Genie Lite 3 Rescue Deck
The Genie Lite 3 Rescue Deck sits on the cockpit, attached by hook-and-loop fastener. This means it is also compatible with most other pod (cocoon) harnesses which feature a cockpit with hook-and-loop fastener, which most, if not all, do. The reserve bridles are connected to the harness main carabiners. The secondary reserve can be easily deployed with either hand, in case your primary reserve handle cannot be reached or the reserve becomes caught in the glider.
Since it enables the Genie Lite 3 (and other harnesses) to meet FAI* Category 1 competition requirements for two reserves, the Genie Lite 3 Rescue Deck also allows pilots to use these harnesses in FAI Cat 1 paragliding competitions.
* FAI: Federation Aeronautique Internationale, the world governing body for air sports.
"Sometimes bad things happen in paragliding and our rescue parachute is the only way not to get hurt. Most harnesses only have one rescue that is deployed with the right hand. But sometimes the rescue is caught by the glider after deployment or the rescue handle can not be reached by the pilot.
This is why we developed an additional front rescue that can be fitted especially to the Genie Lite 3 but also to most other pod̐ harnesses on the market. A front rescue has undeniable advantages: the rescue handle is always in sight of the pilot and can be deployed by either hand. Be aware the connection to the main carabiners is not as comfortable as a shoulder connection in case you have to throw the rescue. With the Genie Lite 3 rescue deck you are allowed to use your Genie Lite 3 (or any other harness) in FAI Cat 1 competitions.
The Genie Lite 3 rescue deck weights only 350g and the rescue bridle is connected to the main carabiners."
- Gin Gliders
- Sits on the cockpit, attached by hook-and-loop fastener
- Reserve bridles connect to the harness main carabiners
- Zipper pocket extraction system avoids the use of hook-and-loop fastener
- Flat shape allows a large area cockpit, thanks to the long packing method of the reserve
- Reserve handle plastic rod helps maintain shape and ensures easy in-flight accessibility
- Option to connect to only a single carabiner (not recommended)
- Attachment points for flight instruments
- Carry handle for easy transportation
- Light but durable Roseta 70D fabric
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|
|Model Status||Current model|