Naviter Oudie N Free Flight FANET+ (development on hold)
Model Status: Forthcoming model
FANET+ version development on hold. See Naviter Oudie N Free Flight
Oudie N – the game changer, version with FANET+ (in development). Every pilot knows how important it is to have the right flight plan and up-to-date weather information. Oudie N brings live data and seamless integration with SeeYou to your cockpit, so you can focus on what’s important to keep you flying for longer and further.
Following unexpected developments setbacks, Naviter are unable to give completion estimates for the FANET+ version of the Oudie N. The bad news: It's not coming anytime soon. The good news: OGN integration replaces the majority of the FANET functionality. Naviter CEO, Andrej Kolar, explains:
"Oudie N offers an alternative solution that achieves most of the desired electronic conspicuity of the FANET+ version. By enabling OGN layer and connecting Oudie N to the internet (which is easy), customers can see Flarm and other Oudie traffic around them on the screen, just as if they had the FANET+ functionality. This functionality was tested extensively at the Trofeo Montegrappa PWC in Bassano and the pilots where more than happy with the result.
Oudie N can be connected to the internet by tethering the phone connection through Wifi or by inserting a SIM card into the device."
Naviter have extended the trade-in program for Oudie 5 devices to Oudie N until end of June 2022.
Features and benefits
- FLARM/FANET (FANET+) module
- Crystal clear, sunlight readable display
- Exceptional battery life even at full brightness
- Precise and instantly responsive vario
- Easy to use SeeYou Navigator software
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 4G/LTE connectivity
- Optimize XC and competition tasks to perfection
- Scan QR codes instead of entering data manually
- No internet connection? No problem with offline maps
- Charge your phone after landing from Oudie N
- Free 1-year use of SeeYou software for seamless integration
What pilots say about Oudie N
"I love the screen. It is very bright, smooth and responsive."
"The battery is huuuuuuge."
"It is fantastic that I can charge my phone with it after landing!"
"Quite simply the absolute best app out there. Hands down. The user interface is phenomenal."
What are FANET, FLARM & FANET+?
- FANET (Flying Ad-hoc NETwork) is a low cost open source system for transmitting position and sharing information between FANET users. It helps you to know where others are, and others know where you are, including your buddies. It is not a collision avoidance system per se, as that is a FLARM patent.
- FLARM is a proprietary system for air traffic awareness, collision avoidance, identification and tracking for General Aviation (GA) and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). It helps prevent aircraft equipped with FLARM from colliding with each other.
- FANET+ is a combination of a FANET transceiver and a FLARM transmitter i.e. FANET (TxRx) + FLARM (Tx) a.k.a. a "FLARM Beacon". It helps prevent things hitting you, but not you hitting things. It helps you to know where others are, and others know where you are, including your buddies, and helps prevent aircraft equipped with FLARM from colliding with you.
Oudie N specifications
|Screen||5.5 inch screen size|
|1920×1080 Full HD resolution|
|1000 nits brightness|
|Portrait and Landscape orientation|
|Size||150 x 86 x 24 mm (5.9 x 3.3 x 0.95 inch)|
|15+ hours autonomy at full brightness|
|20+ hours on a typical day with auto-brightness|
|64+ hours of continuous flight recording with screen powered off|
|6 hours charge time from empty to full|
|Sensors||High-precision pressure sensor (<10 cm)|
|High-accuracy GPS, Galileo & GLONASS GPS receiver|
|Gyro-assisted instant Vario|
|Wifi, Bluetooth LE, 4G/LTE|
|Wifi and Bluetooth Internet tethering|
|FANET+ (in development)|
|Memory||4 GB RAM|
|64 GB Flash|
|Operating system||Android 9|
|Navigation app||SeeYou Navigator|
|SeeYou Navigator upgrades included for the lifetime of the device|
|Maps||Worldwide, high resolution|
|Terrain color scheme (SeeYou default)|
|Satellite maps (requires internet connection)|
|Download maps for offline use in advance to reduce download|
|Connectivity||External devices by Bluetooth Low Energy|
|Features||Record flight track (IGC file)|
|Final glide assistant|
|Fully configurable map screen|
|Automatic airspace updates|
|Pinch & zoom|
|Online features||Rain Radar layer|
|Open Glider Network layer (OGN)|
|KK7 skyways and thermals|
|TopMeteo forecast layers|
|SkySight forecast layers|
|TopMeteo live Sattelite picture|
|SkySight live Satellite picture|
|Upload to Online contests|
|Seamless integration with SeeYou Cloud|
|Automatic airspace updates|
|Automatic database updates|
Naviter & Flytec support & warranty
All technical support, potential issues, repairs and warranty claims for Naviter and Flytec products and software are handled directly by Naviter.
Have a question about or potential issue with a Naviter or Flytec product or software?
First, visit the Naviter Downloads, Manuals & Support page to see if you can download the manual or find the support info you need.
Second, visit the Naviter Knowledge Base to see if you can find the info you need.
Lastly, if you cannot resolve the issue yourself, contact Naviter Support directly by completing their contact form as best you can.
|Model Status||Forthcoming model|
|Feature||FANET+, Flarm Beacon|