Price as configured: £0.00
Hike & Fly Competition Harness
The STRIKE came out of our X-ALPS 2015 design. It is a harness fully dedicated to Hike & Fly competitions. Its great inboard comfort makes it much more versatile than its light weight would let one assume.
Intuitive and precise piloting with removable mini-seat plate
- Sizes: S, M and L
Delivered harness weight: 2060 g (Medium, with BUMPAIR 16 STK)
The STRIKE can be used without the mini-seat plate and without the removable pocket. The easily removable BUMPAIR can be carried separately or may not be used at all in flight.
The structural design of the Split-Leg harness with a removable mini-seat plate brings clean and precise steering sensations. The piloting and comfort perceptions are very close to those of the DELIGHT2.
Landing in the mountains or in turbulent zones, the STRIKE is easy to pilot with bent legs or out of the Speedbag. During takeoff, running is made easy (light Split-Leg harness), the transition to sitting inside the Speedbag is obvious. In flight, the adjustments and geometry of the harness can be adapted to the morphology and flight posture of each pilot. A seated reclined posture provides excellent body support.
Important safety factor with a 16 cm BUMPAIR certified LTF. Split-Leg auto-stable design (ABS type). The STRIKE is stable with feature greatly appreciated by X-ALPS pilots! The right leg must step through the closed right leg strap: it is a permanently closed safety system!
A – RESERVE PARACHUTE POCKET
B – STORAGE POCKET
C – BUMPAIR 16 STK
Upgrades Strike 2018
We have made a few improvements on the STRIKE for the 2018 season to have it LTF certified by adding a compact and lightweight BUMPAIR back protector.
What has changed:
- The harness container was redesigned to accommodate a BUMPAIR 16 STK, 390g. The harness was certified LTF. Less than 40G during tests
- The total weight of the LTF Certified STRIKE 2018 in size M (Medium) is 2060gr.
- The previous STRIKE version with the BUMP 14 STK was 2140gr and not LTF certified.
- The storage pockets are larger :
- The container pocket under the seat is now 9 liters instead of 5 liters previously.
- Dorsal storage pocket is now 26.5 liters instead of 12.5 liters previously.
- The removable “stuff pocket” is replaced by a radio (or camera pocket) integrated to the Speed-Bag instead.
- The chest and leg strap fastening system prevent confusion between them
- The look of the harness remains unchanged but
- the riser zipper changes to green
- & new Supair logos.
- The Speed-Bar pulleys are assembled without the possibility of making a mistake. The cord still runs through the pulley.
- The riser sleeve is reinforced at the reserve parachute pocket level.
- Beware, degradation remain possible during reserve parachute extraction on this very light harness.
- Fastening of the Cockpit to the chest trap was improved.
- Hike & Fly competition
- Upright to semi-reclined posture
- For skilled and advanced pilots
- BUMPAIR 16 STK (LTF)
- Front mounted rescue container and riser parachute connections to the shoulders
- Auto-stable split-leg seat
- Closed right step-in leg loop strap
- Connect (soft loops made from Dyneema)
- Dyneema parachute risers
Gear / comfort
- Removable carbon fibre mini-seat plate
- Integrated speedbag
- Integrated speed-system/accelerator
- Instrument support atop the reserve parachute container
- Double-stage light speed-system/accelerator designed for the speedbag
- Pre-equipped for hydration/drinks system (hydration system not included)
- 20 mm diameter Zelden pulleys
- Dorsal storage pocket
- Speedbag lateral pocket
- Ballast pocket under and front of the seat
- Removable stuff pocket inside the speedbag
- Shoulder strap adjustments
- Chest strap adjustments
- Backrest adjustments with additional lumbar support
- Speedbag length adjustments
- Nylon 210D Ripstop
- Nylon 100D
- Strap Dyneema
- Standard EN 1651: 1999
Sizes & Measurements
|Pilot size (cm)||155-170||170-185||180-195|
|Pilot weight (mini – maxi) (kg)||50-80||65-85||70-100|
|Harness weight (+ carabiners+speedbar) (g)||2120||2140||2240|
|Back length (cm)||58||58||65|
|Back inclination adjustment (cm)||28||28||35|
|Seat length (cm)||40||40||45|
|Seat width (cm)||33||33||33|
|Carabiners height (cm)||43||43||43|
|Carabiners distance (cm)||38-47||38-47||38-47|
|Speedbag length (cm)||93||100||107|
Harness weights according to configuration
|Carbon fiber foot plate (120 g)||1360||1380||1480|
|F-STK handle (20 g)||1380||1400||1500|
|Speed system (40 g)||1420||1440||1540|
|Connect (20 g)||1440||1460||1560|
|Bump'Air 14STK foam protector (560 gr, LTF certified)||2000||2020||2120|
|Mini seat plate (120 g)||2120||2140||2240|
|Bump ultra light (225 g)*||1665||1685||1785|
|Mini seat plate (120 g)*||1785||1805||1905|
This product is delivered with:
- Supair Connect (softlinks to connect the harness to the wing risers)**
- Mini carbon fibre seat plate
- Reserve handle O
- Carbon fibre foot-plate (size S, M, L 25×33 cm)
- BUMPAIR 16 STK (LTF)
- Light speedbag two stage speed-system/accelerator
- User manual (CD)
- Supair Trek Light 350G (rucksack)
- Supair Trek Backpack (75L, 90L or 110L)
- Harness-to-wing connectors (karabiners, maillons or softlinks)
User manual (pdf)
Certification report (pdf)
Supair Strike safety notice (new window)
Strike 2018 FAQs
Does comfort and the piloting qualities change?
No, the comfort level and the piloting qualities of the STRIKE remain unchanged.
Does the previous back protector design fit in the new harness version?
No, the STRIKE 2018 (Index A5) accepts the new BUMP 16 STK only.
Does the new BUMP 16 STK protection fit in the previous STRIKE designs (Index A1 to A4)?
What are the differences between the previous version certified LTF with the BUBBLE BUMP and this version also certified LTF with the BUMP 16 STK?
The previous version was significantly more bulky. In fact, the BUBBLE BUMP is larger than the BUMPAIR and non-compressible. In addition, the compartment under the seat is blocked by the BUBBLE BUMP, which is not the case on the model 2018.
Supair speedbag tips
Download advice on getting in to, and being comfortable in, your harness speedbag here (PDF).
Want to try?
Supair product registration
Register your Supair product here.
|Shipping Details||1-3 workdays|
|Model Status||Current model|