Supair DELIGHT 3 (PAST MODEL)
Select all options to view stock availability
Model Status: Past model
The DELIGHT 3 is a light cross country harness designed for pilots who want high comfort and piloting precision with excellent passive safety and low weight. Its design was based on the successful Delight 2 with substantial improvements to back support, overall safety and features.
Measurements & pilot sizing guide
|Pilot size* (cm)||150-170||165-185||180-195||190+|
|Pilot weight* (min-max) (kg)||50-65||60-85||75-105||90-115|
|Harness weight delivered** (g)||3650||3700||3850||4050|
|A||Back length (cm)||58||65||72||76|
|B||Back inclination length (cm)||33||37||41||43|
|C||Seat length (cm)||45||45||45||49|
|D||Seat width (cm)||35||35||37||37|
|E||Carabiners height (cm)||45||45||47||47|
|F||Distance between carabiners (cm)||38-45||38-45||40-46||42-48|
|G||Speedbag length (cm)||83||88||93||98|
|Reserve container volume (l)||3-7||3-7||3-7||3-7|
* Pilot size and weight as a rough guide. See Sizing guide table for more detail.
** Harness weight delivered includes harness, dorsal protection, bump, carbon fiber plates, pod.
Sizing guide table
Choosing your harness size is important. You will find here below a height/weight table that will help you in your size choice.
Reserve parachute compatibility
Reserve parachute compatibility guide by harness size for different Supair reserve models and sizes.
NB: Reserve packing can very significantly affect the reserve pack volume.
Reserve compatibility: Harness sizes S & M
Reserve compatibility: Harness sizes L & XL
This harness is delivered with the following accessories:
- 2 self-locking SUPAIR 30 mm Zicral carabiners
- BUMPAIR 16 STK
- 40 mm back protection
- Speed system 2B STD for speedbag
- Mini carbon fiber seat plate 30*22
- Speedbag carbon fiber foot-plate
- User manual (CD)
- Supair Reserve Bridles - Solo Dyneema
- Supair Delight 3 Reserve Handle and Inner Container
- 1 threaded aluminum Grivel "Plum"
- Safety lanyard
DELIGHT 3: XC pod harness
Video shows original colours.
DELIGHT 3: light, optimized passive safety & steering precision
- Size: S, M, L, XL
- Weight: 3700 g in M size (harness, back protection, bump, carbon fiber plates, pod)
- Lightness and steering precision
- Carbon fibre foot & seat plates available in 2 sizes
- High quality finish
The Delight 3 is more geared toward cross country and high performance flying than it predecessors. Its internal structure is stiffer with a better lumbar support, and in line with precise piloting characteristics.
Fastening the harness is done via two (Cobra) self-locking carabiners: simplicity, safety, handling ease (locking only one buckle still allows the pilot to be secured).
During takeoff, the running phase is made easy (light Split-Leg harness), the transition from running to sitting, and Speedbag entry are instinctive. The Split-Leg design with a mini removable seat plate offers clean and precise piloting sensations.
High passive safety: A new BUMPAIR 16STK provides excellent crash test results. The Split-Leg self-leveling sitting design brings excellent overall harness stability. Fastening the harness via self-locking carabiners is easy and secure. A security leash is also integrated to the harness.
The reserve parachute pocket is completely enclosed using a zipper. The two pins locking mechanism is fully enclosed, thus preventing an unintentional catch and release/opening of the reserve parachute container. The harness profile is smooth and without protrusions.
A – Rear storage pocket
B – Reserve parachute container
C – Bumpair 16 STK
D – Back protection (Plastazote)
- XC flying & competition
- 3/4 reclined sitting posture
- For active and experienced pilots
- Bumpair 16 cm STK
- Dorsal reserve parachute pocket with right rescue deployment handle
- Self-leveling leg split-leg system
- Reserve parachute hooking safety system
- 30 mm Self-locking carabiners
- 25 mm aluminum self-locking (Cobra) buckles
- Mini carbon fiber removable seat plate
- Removable Speedbag
- Speedbag foot-rest (carbon fiber plate)
- 3 lt. integrated Speedbag instrument cockpit with two lanyards
- Self-centering double stage speed-bar
- 29 mm Harken pulleys
- Hook and loop fastening and shoulder sleeves (mic attachment, mini variometer)
- Pre-equipped for a hydration system (Hydro)
- Large dorsal storage pocket
- Lateral zipped pockets on the Speedbag
- Inner side radio pocket
- Under the seat storage/ballast pocket
- Safe-T strap
- Speedbag length and incline adjustments
- Shoulder straps length adjustment
- Chest strap width adjustment (stability)
- Backrest tilt adjustment with additional lumbar support
- Nylon 210D Ripstop
- Nylon 210D Honeycomb
A great first pod harness, stable and supportive. Easy to adjust, simple to setup, good range of adjustment. Easy entry and exit into the pod. Lots of packing space to rear, under the seat, on sides and in front. Good back protection and extended back support. Great styling and top quality finishes: quick buckle closures, speedbar pulleys, fabrics.
For winter warmth and cross country comfort, the DELIGHT 3 offers a supportive, stable harness with good protection and ample storage space. It reduces the pilot workload in active air, gives a good connection with the air and feeling in turns, and provides excellent filtering of the air currents to transmit only the information you need with calm feedback and reassuring balance.
- Greg Hamerton, Flybubble (full review)
Watch our review video (original harness colours):
This is an excellent harness that will suit a wide variety of pilots. I liked it so much that I went straight out and bought one of my own. An awesome piece of kit.
- Matt Warren, XC mag (full review)
Supair product registration
Register your Supair product here.
|Model Status||Past model|