|Flat surface area (m²)||22,5||24,5||26,0||27,5|
|Flat aspect ratio||6,5||6,5||6,5||6,5|
|Projected surface area (m²)||18,88||20,57||21,82||23,08|
|Projected span (m)||9,37||9,78||10,07||10,36|
|Projected aspect ratio||4,65||4,65||4,65||4,65|
|Flying weight range (kg)||65-85||75-95||85-105||95-115|
Colour schemes: Polar, Fire, Earth
- SAVAGE wing
- Inner bag / Compression strap
- Compact Case
- Trek 130 Backpack
- User’s manual (USB)
- Repair kit
SAVAGE: explore new frontiers
- Category: EN C / Sports
- Weight: 4 kg, size M
Whether you endeavour to cross the Alps northwards, fly over the flats of South africa, go on a himalayan vol-biv or start in competitive XC, the Savage is up to the task.
Fast and safe, it has been picked by Supair’s R&D department pilots as their personal glider for 2020.
We received the first prototype at our head office in Annecy during fall 2018. The glide ratio was already good between 40 and 50km/h and the control very direct but we found the glider too demanding in active air at the time.
So we spent the next 6 months setting up the canopy curve and brake distribution to get the ideal control over the glider. We finally went for a setting that enables a high-efficiency turn while maintaining a fair margin to the stall point. The effort on the brake line is increasing and reaches its maximum right before the stall point. The “catch” is efficient to stop surges.
Then, we dedicated 2019 to maximise the glider’s performance while staying within the EN C certification criteria. After more than one hundred flying hours on all the different sizes, sometimes in unlikely places and rough conditions, we finally found the good setting.
Early 2020, the SAVAGE is ready. It is very stable around the pitch and roll axis at speed and enables the pilot to soar the ridge with efficiency. A usable low-speed range is available to land in altitude. Taking off again is a breeze. On the SAVAGE we put a good effort in making sure that all sizes through the range (from XS to ML) offer similar performance levels.
NOTE: While being fairly accessible, the SAVAGE remains a sport glider. It is EN C certified according to EN-926-2 norm on classigying paragliders.
Practically it means that :
- To fly the SAVAGE in active air you must adopt active piloting techniques. We recommand this gliders for pilots flying at least 50 hours a year and having SIV experience.
- At speed, to control the glider and prevent surges, you must use the bars mounted on the C-risers. The brake handles stay in your hands.
- If you pull the brake handles in the abyss of your harness, you will certainly experience a stall. So take the appropriate time to get to know the glider.
- If you register for an SIV course with the SAVAGE, progress slowly towards accelerated collapses. They require more piloting than a progression glider.
Supair SAVAGE technical features video
"The SAVAGE is a sport-glider, with high shape stability at speed. For me performance and handling are very similar to the WILD’s. I gladly use it for vol biv or hike-&-fly competition or any kind of adventure where you need to fly fast without overthinking your piloting."
- Martin Rebord, pilot. Usually takes off in the French Alps. Sometimes lands in Liechtenstein.
"The SAVAGE is fast, precise and handy, usable over the whole speed range. Thanks to the light fabrics, inflation is a breeeze and the amplitude of the dynamic reactions in active air are limited. This is, in my opinion, the ideal tool and it looks good as well, what else could we ask for?"
- Joel Favre, professionnal. Teaches cross-country flying around the world.
- Advanced pilots
- Foot launch or tow launch
- Ultralightweight risers
- Sharknose airfoil
- Low-friction Ronstan pulleys
- Low-friction rings
- Smart mini-ribs
- Big-ears kit
- Wingtip cleaning system
- Outer surface: Porcher Sport Skytex 32 g/m² & Skytex 27 g/m2
- Inner surface: Porcher Sport Skytex 27 g/m²
- Walls: Porcher Sport Skytex 32 & 27 hard finish
- Reinforcements: Porcher Sport SR 170
- Upper and intermediate lines: Edelrid
- Lower lines: Edelrid & Liros
- EN-926-1 and 2 and LTF91/09 – EN class C certified*
*Size XS certification pending.
- Manual to follow (pdf)
Want to try?
Supair product registration
Register your Supair product online.
|EN Certification||EN C|
|LTF Certification||LTF C|
|Shipping Details||When in stock, UK approx 2-5 workdays, other countries see shipping page|
|Model Status||Current model|