The faulty assembly of a Quick-Out carabiner led to its accidental opening. The pilot had dismounted both of the Quick-Out's release buttons and later re-installed them in swapped positions. Swapping the release buttons is dangerous! In the instruction manual, the manufacturer points out that the release button located on the opposite side of the installation slot must not be dismounted when attaching the carabiner to the harness.
Safety Notice: Charly Finsterwalder Quick-Out assembly
- Flymaster LIVE DS first impressions review
- Phi SCALA light review by Kinga Masztalerz
- Free Flight Equipment Availability
- Old gear in storage? Get credit for it, or upcycle it!
- The Beginner's Guide to Hike & Fly paragliding book review
- X-Lakes 2021 report (& Supair Savage feedback)
- A fine day indeed, lovely views & feisty leesides!
- How we do what we do (Flybubble MATCH service)
- UK CAA EC rebate scheme (save up to £250 if AOK)
- Red Bull X-Alps & Paragliding Competitions 2021
- Gear Guides
- Flight Skills
- Flybubble Crew
- Flybubble Team