1 week paragliding SIV, thermalling and XC flying course based in fabulous Oludeniz, Turkey. Paragliding SIV and XC instruction by Carlo Borsattino, British Paragliding Team 2004.
Start Date: Saturday 7th May
Finish Date: Saturday 14th May, 2005
1 week SIV, thermalling and XC flying course in Olu Deniz, Turkey
SIV and XC instruction by Carlo Borsattino, British Paragliding Team 2004
About this SIV course
There will be a very strong emphasis on the individual on this course, which will be unique defensive-flying style, ‘pilot in command’…
This is not an ‘acro’ course…
Cost & what’s included
COST FOR THE COURSE:
£435 per person
£200 deposit payable to secure place
THIS INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
– Airport transfers from & to Dalaman (on specified day & time).
– SIV flight instruction by Carlo Borsattino (over radio).
– Flight briefings & de-briefings – personal & comprehensive.
– Rescue boat with Captain.
– Life jacket hire.
– Transport to take-off on Baba Dag Mountain (10 trips included).
What’s not included
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
We don’t include the following things in the cost of our SIV courses as the cost of them can fluctuate a lot, and we don’t try to make any money out of them:
– Flights. These are usually around ??180 plus airport taxes. We find the best price for flights for each trip and then reserve flights for the individual to pay for directly themselves. It is always best if everyone is on the same flight, but we understand this is not always possible as people come from all over the UK. All we ask is that, to minimise unnecessary delays, everyone is at the arrival airport at the same time, or earlier than the main group arrival time for the airport transfer.
– Turkish Forestry Authority Road Toll. This is an extra, payable for each and every trip up the mountain. It should be approximately ??5, payable in Turkish Lire and collected by the truck driver per trip.
Additional transport rides to take-off at Baba Dag Mountain will cost approximately £5 per trip.
What you will need…
You will need:
You will need to bring your own: Glider; Harness; Helmet; Reserve (recently and correctly repacked); 2m Radio (working properly and of decent quality) with ability to hear easily and talk in-flight (please test this out on the ground and in flight BEFORE you come on the trip, to make sure it works properly); Speed System (correctly fitted); Aquapac – waterproof pocket for your radio (see our shop); Adequate Travel & Medical Insurance; Flights; Sun hat & plenty of suntan lotion;
A sense of humour and adventure! 🙂
We strongly recommended having a GPS for all XC flying, as they are very useful things indeed, but it is not absolutely essential that you have one. If you do have a GPS, make sure you know how to use it! We recommend the GARMIN MAP 76S.
Also: Drinks system; Shorts, Sandals, and Sunnies!
To book or contact us
Photos from our the May 2005 Oludeniz SIV course.
PROGRESSIV course Oludeniz May 2005 photos